Author Topic: Let's Talk Game 3  (Read 3216 times)

Let's Talk Game 3
« on: May 16, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Few things:

1. Having three days off really makes game 3 like another game 1. I hope Boston approaches it like they are starting a new series on the road.

2. How much more does James have to give. 42 points and triple dub? And they still lose by 13 points? James looks flat out worn out. I expect Game 3 will be his big push..but does it matter is the other guys don't contribute?

3. Cavs got good production out of Love 22/15 and about average out of Thompson. I do not see either making drastic jumps in production

4. Korver got about what he is going to get off the bench. Only 2 guys that can improve scoring are Hill and Smith. Keep those guys under wraps..esp Smith...he is the Cavs thermometer. When he plays well they win.

5. Boston still has not gotten a great game out of Tatum. Sooner or later he will have a 20 plus point game.

I think Boston's best chance to steal a game is game 3. Going to have to play good defense and attack Cleveland. It is going to be chippy. I am afraid we see the Foster crew Saturday.

But the Cavs are putrid on defense. Boston continues to own the match ups and gets anywhere they want.

Re: Let's Talk Game 3
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Lue's comments about the Celtics 'gooning it up' were very wise on his part.  This will keep the C's aggressive D top of mind for Game 3, so I'm expecting a Scott Foster appearance or at the very least the Celtics getting zero breaks from the officials.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 09:49:06 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
We need to keep up the defensive pressure, but that'll be very difficult in Cleveland. Hopefully the Cavs don't get really hot from 3, at this point I think that's the only thing that can save them
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:55:59 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lue's comments about the Celtics 'gooning it up' were very wise on his part.  This will keep the C's aggressive D top of mind for Game 3, so I'm expecting a Scott Foster appearance or at the very least the Celtics getting zero breaks from the officials.

I did not understand this quote. His team has been the goons...look at JR Smith and Thompson. Is playing tough, physical ball gooning it up now?

Tells me his team is soft in every shape.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We need to keep up the defensive pressure, but that'll be very difficult in Cleveland. Hopefully the Cavs don't get really hot from 3, at this point I think that's the only thing that can save them

See I think game 3 is ripe for the picking. Cleveland is not a great home team. Against the Pacers, against the Raps (took a last second shot for the Cavs to beat them) they seem to lose games there in the playoffs.

I still believe Philly is better than the Cavs and have a better home court. The fact Lue called the Cs out for being a poor road team will be used as motivation. That screams that the Cavs do not respect the Celtics
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:04:54 AM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 10:00:20 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Treat game 3 as game 7!

because if we win game 3 the cavs will fold like a cheap tent.

whenever teams are down 0-2 going back home the best effort from fans and team is game 3 not 4.  win game 3 and the fans will quit on them. now yes game 3 may not be a close out game like a game 4 could be but we cannot let up. stomp on their necks and keep them down. put them in dire straits so they quit in game 4 along with their fans.

keep doing what has worked.

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK THE RIM!

if lebron gets his again so be it. I said it here for ages leading up to this matchup. limit the rest and it won't matter. lebron trying to do it all will wear him out. it also keeps the rest of his team in disarray and out of sync and staying cold. 

Play smart and keep attacking. there were times last night where the cavs  just stood around on D giving us wide open looks. we have to hit those if they clog the lanes.  they do not have the defenders to keep up with us driving to the hoop and getting fouls. get into the bonus early in 4th quarter and finish them at the line.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 10:01:43 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
I would be shocked if Scott Foster and Tony Brothers don't make an appearance in either game 3 or 4.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 10:03:19 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
JR smith should in all honestly be suspended and that flagrant 1 upgraded to a 2..that was a very dangerous push he did there.. If Horford jumped higher he could potentially hit the rim and cause injury.

I expect a breakouy offensively from Tatum. He has been somewhat in check but I think he is due for a 25 point game and if that happens its over.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 10:05:43 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I would be shocked if Scott Foster and Tony Brothers don't make an appearance in either game 3 or 4.

They are the last bastion of hope for LeWhine to win.. Pathetic refs as they are we must still play aggressive and play tough D regardless of the whistles. Hopefully out shooying gets better to offset the incoming onslaught of calls.

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 10:06:23 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Similar plan as Game 2. Weather their runs, contain their perimeter threats, and out hustle them on both ends of the floor. On the offensive end for us, keep driving to the hoop and/or get open looks for our guys.

We did that in Game 2 and won! Even when Lebron went off and Korver was lighting it up in the first half, we adjusted and just out played and out hustled them in the 2nd half.

BEAT THEM IN TRANSITION!

Seriously, we're faster than them, more athletic and more explosive. It's showed the first two games. The Cavaliers (Lebron included) seem to tire by the 2nd half, and that's when we take full advantage and (hopefully) pull away.

The biggest difference here is, Lebron is actually being forced to work on BOTH ends of the floor. As a result, he gets tired by the 35th minute and beyond and isn't as explosive in the 2nd half (settling for a ton of jump shots and fadeaways instead of driving to the hoop every single time). 

Will be tough on the road (road games never easy), but I'm feeling oddly confident. This Cavaliers team looks vulnerable and their defense is putrid. As long as our offense isn't ice cold, I like our chances, even if Lebron goes for 40 again.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 10:07:01 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Agree that Smith should be suspended game 3. I also expect Korver to get the start over him anyway.

Cavs are giving up trying to defend Boston. They will look to just outscore them.

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31:46 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
Similar plan as Game 2. Weather their runs, contain their perimeter threats, and out hustle them on both ends of the floor. On the offensive end for us, keep driving to the hoop and/or get open looks for our guys.

We did that in Game 2 and won! Even when Lebron went off and Korver was lighting it up in the first half, we adjusted and just out played and out hustled them in the 2nd half.

BEAT THEM IN TRANSITION!

Seriously, we're faster than them, more athletic and more explosive. It's showed the first two games. The Cavaliers (Lebron included) seem to tire by the 2nd half, and that's when we take full advantage and (hopefully) pull away.

The biggest difference here is, Lebron is actually being forced to work on BOTH ends of the floor. As a result, he gets tired by the 35th minute and beyond and isn't as explosive in the 2nd half (settling for a ton of jump shots and fadeaways instead of driving to the hoop every single time). 

Will be tough on the road (road games never easy), but I'm feeling oddly confident. This Cavaliers team looks vulnerable and their defense is putrid. As long as our offense isn't ice cold, I like our chances, even if Lebron goes for 40 again.

yup. they look very vulnerable. lebron looks human now. pound him offensively and defensively. they cannot stop us at the rim.  we need to impose our will on them over and over. stick to what works. no more stupid spells. play smart ball 48 miniutes.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 10:39:45 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i would think the Cavs will come out with even more fight in game 3, more aggressive

but I would think Brad would give them the same talk

"weather their storm, play as a team, do the right thing, always onto the next play"

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 10:43:43 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
i would think the Cavs will come out with even more fight in game 3, more aggressive

but I would think Brad would give them the same talk

"weather their storm, play as a team, do the right thing, always onto the next play"

cavs more fight? i agree but SO SHOULD WE! treat this as a game 7. this game really is the key to the series now. win this and they will wilt like a flower. rip their hearts out
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 10:45:49 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

I did not understand this quote. His team has been the goons...look at JR Smith and Thompson. Is playing tough, physical ball gooning it up now?

Tells me his team is soft in every shape.
Playoff Coaching 101 - publicly complain about the officials when the opponent's defense is messing up your team's offense.  Pat Riley used to do it all the time.  I'd like to see Brad do more of this.

Coach talks about it - media picks up on it - the league notices - and it becomes part of the story - especially going home.   The tactic is usually very effective.