Author Topic: Feelings about the Loss  (Read 5402 times)

Re: Feelings about the Loss
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2018, 08:44:27 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
After yesterday's game, I've concluded that between Rozier, Morris, and Smart this team just has too much stupid to make the next step. Now, we can hope that Irving and Hayward will push those sufficiently far down the depth chart so it wouldn't matter, but I'd rather let both Rozier and Smart go, put Brown in heor role off the bench, and find a real big to start.
I can understand that feeling on offense, but what will Ainge do about defending tall wings?  Morris and Smart played key roles vs. Cavs.  Are Hayward and Tatum enough wing depth on defense?  Brown needs to improve defensively as well.
I'd keep Morris. But we just can't sustain all three
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2018, 08:53:57 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Just think.  Next seaso,  that will be Kyrie not Rozzier; that will be Hayward not Smart or Brown taking those shots. 

I can assure you, Cs will have scoring - which was lacking last night.

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2018, 08:58:00 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Just didn't make their good shots and the pressure got to them as that built and they took some dumb ones too.

Brown needs to get stronger/better in the post and Tatum just needs to get stronger period.

Can't wait to see Tatum continue to improve next year and how strong the C's can be with everyone moved down the depth chart a slot with Kyrie/Hayward coming back.

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
They need a legit scorer off the bench that can be counted on to score

Reddick, Crawford, Eric Gordon type

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2018, 09:23:06 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
First of all let's hope next year  we have a healthy team.. secondly I like all these defensive bulldogs but you need scoring to proceed... what I have seen is that the team played better defence with bigger wings... so to me even if he is a good defender  I would trade smart like Danny did with Bradley if a better player was to be had... we need a good point guard a good shooting guard and a second rim protector like baynes... we got all the forwards we need

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2018, 09:32:53 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
With all the injuries I would have accepted a first round loss.  Great group of guys, great coaching staff, maximum effort
Can't wait for next year!

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2018, 10:10:36 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
There's a lot of good to take away from these playoffs. I am extremely grateful that we got this far and our young guys got tons of playoff experience in the process.

Did I want them to make the finals? Heck yea, but I am very satisfied with this season regardless. I don't feel sad today.

Game 7 was just too big for some our guys right now.

Tatum was awesome, our best player throughout the playoffs. I bet he'll be hitting the weight room hard during the off-season and will come back even stronger next year. He's going to be a 2 and 1 machine.

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2018, 10:11:08 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Add Kyrie and Hayward to the current group and you have reason to feel very optimistic.

IMO after the 1st quarter, this young Celtic team saw themselves going into the championship series and a few players decided that it wasn't time.

The debate about Rozier taking over Kyrie's PG spot is over. The scary thing about Terry is just which Terry are you getting each night. Because when Rozier isn't hitting his shot he is useless. He makes nobody better. He spends the entire remainder of the game looking for his own shot. He is a two guard in a PG body.

Jaylen Brown has a confidence problem. That's why he has a confidence coach. If you want to see where his confidence is on a certain night, just watch his free throw shooting. When he looks scared, robotic and uncomfortable on the free throw line... it's because he is, and it's not going to be his night.

When injuries to Hayward and Irving happened, the basketball IQ on the team really suffered. Depending on Smart, Rozier, and Morris to make consistently sound basketball decisions is futile.

Tatum is a superstar waiting in the wings, the kid is cold-blooded and very talented. He wants the ball when the game is on the line. We're seeing the tip of the iceberg here.

IMO re-sign Smart, and Baynes if you can, if a major big man becomes available, there are a few players I would include in a trade for him.

If not...we'll still be just fine for years to come.