Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/13/18  (Read 61239 times)

Re: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/13/18
« Reply #945 on: May 13, 2018, 06:39:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

« Reply #946 on: May 13, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Well....  I went on a day trip with my wife, who was not aware there was a game today (she is a serious non-sports fan and oblivious to everything sports related) -- opted for a nice Mother's Day rather than the game.   Not resentful to my wife at all -- actually had a great day -- but a little peeved that Game 1 had to be on Mother's Day.  Anyway, just got home thinking I may catch the last minute and saw the score.   Wow -- I think I would have been smiling all game long. 

If anyone has a minute to give me your synopsis -- who played well? Any surprises?  Was it a start to finish blowout?  Did Cavs threaten at any point?  Did the C's game plan well v. LBJ and take him out of his game, or did he just have an off game?  Broadcasters blame it on Cavs rust -- any credit to the C's???
Most complete game C's have played this year. Cavs were stunned...
Cavs were ice-cold and disprganized on offense.  C’s played LBJ one-on-one and it paid off. CAvs got within 14 in the 3rd quarter but was a blowout otherwise.

Just what I was wondering -- how well did the C's gang of 4 or 5 play LBJ 1:1.  I was hoping good enough to keep him to around 30 while covering the rest closely (not leaving on double-teams).   Sounds like a combo of good 1 on 1 defense v. The King and some subpar shooting by him.   
 WHich C looked best against Lebron??

« Reply #947 on: May 13, 2018, 06:41:52 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Well....  I went on a day trip with my wife, who was not aware there was a game today (she is a serious non-sports fan and oblivious to everything sports related) -- opted for a nice Mother's Day rather than the game.   Not resentful to my wife at all -- actually had a great day -- but a little peeved that Game 1 had to be on Mother's Day.  Anyway, just got home thinking I may catch the last minute and saw the score.   Wow -- I think I would have been smiling all game long. 

If anyone has a minute to give me your synopsis -- who played well? Any surprises?  Was it a start to finish blowout?  Did Cavs threaten at any point?  Did the C's game plan well v. LBJ and take him out of his game, or did he just have an off game?  Broadcasters blame it on Cavs rust -- any credit to the C's???

Would love to have seen it!!!   Maybe my not watching was the key factor -- hope not.

Wonder if/when NBCSB show a replay?   If anyone can tell me how to watch a replay of the game I'd really appreciate it -- explain clearly -- not very internet savvy.   

u just need to stay home  man. WE ARE IN ECF!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #948 on: May 13, 2018, 06:42:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #949 on: May 13, 2018, 06:42:56 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #950 on: May 13, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
most excited and jacked i have been since 2012 ECF
we beat leberon 3 straight that year until we imploded and he took over in game 6.

DO NOT LET UP CELTICS
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #951 on: May 13, 2018, 06:47:14 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
again for those who missed it

lebum held to 15 points

Celts went to rim all game. cavs had no answer

cavs made a run and cut it to 14 but we responded and won by 25

celts seem to be following my blueprinmt

make lebron shoot jays

cover rest best we can

DO NOT let lebum get to rim

if he DOES get to rim HACK him and maje him make FT
Modify message
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #952 on: May 13, 2018, 06:48:49 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Lebron in his press conference...
Q.  What is your level of concern after game 1?

A.  My concern level is 0%.

« Reply #953 on: May 13, 2018, 06:51:34 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Lebron in his press conference...
Q.  What is your level of concern after game 1?

A.  My concern level is 0%.

we will see after game 2
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #954 on: May 13, 2018, 06:52:19 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997

The C's jumped ahead early and didn't really look back.  They had a disappointing 3rd quarter where the Cavs cut the lead from 28 to 14, but then the C's opened the 4th on a 7-0 run, and at one point it was 18 points for the C's to 4 points for the Cavs in the 4th quarter.  The Cavs waved the white flag shortly after.

Brown had a dominant 1st quarter  (13 points) and was an absolute beast almost the entire game.  There was a play where he had to guard Kevin Love in the post, held his ground well and made a fantastic block on him, then went got the ball in transition and drained a long 2 in Korver's face.

Tatum came alive in the 2nd half.  Made some impressive isolation 3's right in the faces of Cavs defenders.  He played well.

MM was huge.  He hit some big 3 pointers that stopped some runs by the Cavs.  He was a big reason we started the 4th on the 7-0 run which basically iced the game.

Horford had a beast 1st half and absolutely torched Kevin Love.  Underrated Al doing what he does.

Overall the C's planned very well.  Their ball movement and athleticism was too much for the Cavs' weak defense, especially with Love at center.  Our defense was outstanding - our communication, switches, and spacing was excellent.  We forced LeBron into either making bad passes or setting for a lot of long jumpers (he went 0-5 from 3).  He had an off game but we had something to do with that.  As far as the announcers, Van Gundy was giving our team a lot of props and said multiple times that he picked the C's to win and thinks that we're the better team overall.

« Reply #955 on: May 13, 2018, 06:53:41 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Would love to have seen it!!!   Maybe my not watching was the key factor -- hope not.

Wonder if/when NBCSB show a replay?   If anyone can tell me how to watch a replay of the game I'd really appreciate it -- explain clearly -- not very internet savvy.
NBCSB cannot replay nationally televised games. When I miss a game, I watch the 9minute/40 second scoring highloghts replay on youtube.

« Reply #956 on: May 13, 2018, 07:00:55 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

The C's jumped ahead early and didn't really look back.  They had a disappointing 3rd quarter where the Cavs cut the lead from 28 to 14, but then the C's opened the 4th on a 7-0 run, and at one point it was 18 points for the C's to 4 points for the Cavs in the 4th quarter.  The Cavs waved the white flag shortly after.

Brown had a dominant 1st quarter  (13 points) and was an absolute beast almost the entire game.  There was a play where he had to guard Kevin Love in the post, held his ground well and made a fantastic block on him, then went got the ball in transition and drained a long 2 in Korver's face.

Tatum came alive in the 2nd half.  Made some impressive isolation 3's right in the faces of Cavs defenders.  He played well.

MM was huge.  He hit some big 3 pointers that stopped some runs by the Cavs.  He was a big reason we started the 4th on the 7-0 run which basically iced the game.

Horford had a beast 1st half and absolutely torched Kevin Love.  Underrated Al doing what he does.

Overall the C's planned very well.  Their ball movement and athleticism was too much for the Cavs' weak defense, especially with Love at center.  Our defense was outstanding - our communication, switches, and spacing was excellent.  We forced LeBron into either making bad passes or setting for a lot of long jumpers (he went 0-5 from 3).  He had an off game but we had something to do with that.  As far as the announcers, Van Gundy was giving our team a lot of props and said multiple times that he picked the C's to win and thinks that we're the better team overall.

Great summary -- thanks!  Big TP!

TP for all who responded -- I appreciate it.

« Reply #957 on: May 13, 2018, 07:02:28 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

NBCSB cannot replay nationally televised games. When I miss a game, I watch the 9minute/40 second scoring highloghts replay on youtube.

Thanks -- will do that.

« Reply #958 on: May 13, 2018, 07:03:09 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Highlights for you, but just be aware that Momma There Goes That Man and Notorious JVG were calling the game, hence why I decided to watch without the sound on, lol ;D.

Anyway, here you are -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj2vYAq-bwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2AJEHXi2aE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOKxCKahY1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDhqtaFKq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkZ6bZMPjlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVRYTsmXXdY

« Reply #959 on: May 13, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The studio experts save Paul Pierce are still in full doubt mode..

Lebron James has been to 8 straight finals.  Its hard to bet against him down 1-0 in a series.

Then do not bet on him, but bet on the fact that his team is terrible at defense.