Author Topic: Cavs Series Bold Predictions  (Read 3771 times)

Re: Cavs Series Bold Predictions
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 07:00:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Greg Monroe will be a factor in this series.

Hopefully not a negative one!

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 07:42:05 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Cavs in 6.

I truly hope I'm wrong and the Celtics win. I think they can push the Cavs too. The Cs have scratched and clawed their way all year and it's been awesome to see.

But there's a reason that 3 of the last 4 teams standing are some of the oldest teams in the league. Experience counts and the Celtics don't have it. Being so young they don't have anyone who is going to get the crucial calls required at this level. We'd beat the Cavs in 5 or 6 with Kyrie and Hayward. Without those guys I just don't see us having the horses to do it.

What I want to see out of this series - besides a win - is keeping the games close. Last year was embarrassing. Losing in 5 is bad enough. Losing a game by 44 and another by 33 is downright shameful. I want to see the kids - Tatum and Brown - square up against Lebron and not be intimidated. I'd like each of those guys to average 18ppg for this series and play solid defense. If that happens and we lose in 6 then I'll be fairly satisfied.   
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 07:52:31 PM by Granath »
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 08:14:00 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Barkley picked the Cavs.

Cs in 6

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 08:21:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Living in Ohio...dealing with these Cavs fans is a treat. All of them think making it the Finals is an accomplishment. Them getting worked by the Warriors is often forgotten.

They are a cocky bunch after beating the paper Raptors.

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 08:40:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 08:50:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Has Tatums game came far enough to take over this series and put them on top of Cavs ...

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2018, 09:06:01 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
The series will probably go 7 games (ratings and revenue are what the "Association" values most) and the outcome will be dependent on the what happens in the West. 

If GSW beats Houston, the "upstart" C's will get the "nod".  With KI and Hayward out, which will get major air play, the story line of the up and coming stars like JB, Tatum, Rozier will be the "hook" to get people to watch the series.  No one wants to watch Lebron and the Cavs play GSW 5 years in a row and see the Cavs get trounced for the 4th out of 5th time. 

If Houston wins, maybe the Cavs will be "allowed" to advance but that's by no means certain if the C's rising new stars look like they're ready to make it a competitive series with the Rockets.  Also, there's the revenge factor.  Harden v. Smart and they'll have re-plays on hand at every commercial break to hype the series of the game where Smart drew Harden into 2 silly offensive fouls.   

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 09:10:28 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Cavs in 5.

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2018, 09:37:29 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
SMART is responsible for 1 win himself.

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2018, 09:44:45 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
My mind says Cavs in 5.
My heart says Celtics in 7.

Cavs in 5 because nobody is gonna stop LeBron James from putting up 40+ points performances. Not to mention the fact that Kyle Korver and/or these no-namers will have career nights against us. It always happen.

Bucks series was Khris Middleton, Eric Bledsoe, heck even Thon Maker.
76ers series was Dario Saric, TJ McConnell and even Marco Belinelli.

But ofc, the Celtics have been balling lights out and I feel that we haven't seen the best of them yet. Hoping the Celtics win!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2018, 09:47:37 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Cavs in 6.

I truly hope I'm wrong and the Celtics win. I think they can push the Cavs too. The Cs have scratched and clawed their way all year and it's been awesome to see.

But there's a reason that 3 of the last 4 teams standing are some of the oldest teams in the league. Experience counts and the Celtics don't have it. Being so young they don't have anyone who is going to get the crucial calls required at this level. We'd beat the Cavs in 5 or 6 with Kyrie and Hayward. Without those guys I just don't see us having the horses to do it.

What I want to see out of this series - besides a win - is keeping the games close. Last year was embarrassing. Losing in 5 is bad enough. Losing a game by 44 and another by 33 is downright shameful. I want to see the kids - Tatum and Brown - square up against Lebron and not be intimidated. I'd like each of those guys to average 18ppg for this series and play solid defense. If that happens and we lose in 6 then I'll be fairly satisfied.

We got blown out at home too. But both teams are completely different this year from last year.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2018, 09:53:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Cavs in 6.

We got blown out at home too. But both teams are completely different this year from last year.
Yeah, they only have one of the two guys who routinely massacred us, and we're better.

My bold prediction is Terry goes all Rondo and drops a triple double in game 7 to win
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2018, 09:59:59 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Not so bold prediction - Cavs in 4.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2018, 10:01:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not so bold prediction - Cavs in 4.
That is pretty bold
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Celtics in 4