Author Topic: Golden State Dynasty will continue?  (Read 1232 times)

Golden State Dynasty will continue?
« on: May 11, 2018, 01:31:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Re: Golden State Dynasty will continue?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 01:33:01 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
it'll be a huge move to keep the core players intact, I guess next up is Green's contract

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 01:45:50 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
well that would suck.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 01:57:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
it'll make beating them taste that much sweeter

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 02:02:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They're gonna extend Thompson and then in two years when AD is ready to leave New Orleans they'll trade Klay and Dray for AD.

Will be real interesting to see who finally emerges to unseat them.  Maybe it'll even be the Celts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 03:01:16 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
They're gonna extend Thompson and then in two years when AD is ready to leave New Orleans they'll trade Klay and Dray for AD.

Will be real interesting to see who finally emerges to unseat them.  Maybe it'll even be the Celts.

Next season. Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Horford. The start of a dynasty.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 03:11:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah its going to be something if they can get multiple below market extensions to make the core sustainable.

I don't think KD/Draymond will follow suit if he does though. Its one thing to take a 1 year discount its another to lock in up to 5.....

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 03:11:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
He's still likely going to get 20M+ a year, and then Draymond will need an extension next year.

Golden State is going to be paying an extraordinary luxury tax 2 years from now if we assume that happens. If they're willing to pay it though, then it's fine.

Okay, I don't see the logic here. Why would the Pelicans trade Davis for 30-31 year old Thompson AND Green?? Does GSW have picks to offer as well besides their own firsts? Are we sure other teams can't make better offers. Or are we assuming it's in 2021 with a sign and trade situation (since Davis is a FA then)?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:20:54 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 03:23:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He's still likely going to get 20M+ a year, and then Draymond will need an extension next year.

Golden State is going to be paying an extraordinary luxury tax 2 years from now if we assume that happens. If they're willing to pay it though, then it's fine.

Okay, I don't see the logic here. Why would the Pelicans trade Davis for 30-31 year old Thompson AND Green?? Does GSW have picks to offer as well besides their own firsts? Are we sure other teams can't make better offers. Or are we assuming it's in 2021 with a sign and trade situation (since Davis is a FA then)?

Mostly I just think it'd be funny.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
So this pretty much confirms a Kyrie for Ayton trade, right? What's the point of even trying to win a championship when the team you need to face just keeps getting more and more experience together as [already] the best line-up in NBA history.

It's up to the players how much they are willing to play for, but it blows for every team that isn't the Sixers. Hey, maybe Kyrie will follow suit this summer!

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
So this pretty much confirms a Kyrie for Ayton trade, right? What's the point of even trying to win a championship when the team you need to face just keeps getting more and more experience together as [already] the best line-up in NBA history.

It's up to the players how much they are willing to play for, but it blows for every team that isn't the Sixers. Hey, maybe Kyrie will follow suit this summer!

huh? Celtics will be rolling out a lineup next year of Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford....that starting lineup could possibly stack up with the warriors. not to mention has the horses defensively to guard the 3 ball.

C's are in the ECF with 2 of their top 3 players being a rookie in tatum and a 2nd year player in Brown....both of whom will be better next year..and you will add your top scorer in Kyrie and a 20ppg all-star in Hayward.

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 12:59:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

LOL. Had me absolutely cackling at best lineup in NBA history
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)