Author Topic: Dwayne Casey Axed  (Read 5462 times)

Dwayne Casey Axed
« on: May 11, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 10m10 minutes ago
More
Toronto has fired coach Dwane Casey, league source tells ESPN.

978 replies 4,619 retweets 5,451 likes
Reply 978   Retweet 4.6K   Like 5.5K

Sad end. LeBron has destroyed the organization

Coach of the year FIRED!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 11:35:33 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
The league should look like fools. Brad gets not ONE vote and Casey goes down in flames. 

Toronto has fired coach Dwane Casey, a league source tells ESPN. The Raptors went 59-23 in the regular season, but were swept by the Cavs in the second round of the playoffs.

"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Re: Coach of the year FIRED!!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I feel bad for Casey, but other than that, I find this to be hilarious.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 11:40:21 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Casey seems like a good guy, but I find this hilarious.

It will be truly hilarious, while also maddening, if Casey wins Coach of the Year the same season he is fired for his playoff futility.

I seriously don't see how anyone other than Brad should win Coach of the Year this year. While he has his warts, the adversity he has overcome with the injuries this season has been phenomenal.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 11:42:06 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If I were the Raptors, I'd rather have Casey and the roster minus Derozan and Lowry -- like literally, trade them away for nothing -- than fire Casey and keep the core stars.

The core guys are the problem with that team.  There's no reason to think Casey had lost the team or anything like that.  A new coach won't give them a higher ceiling.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Dwayne Casey Axed
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 11:43:05 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Yikes!!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 11:45:26 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
The league should look like fools. Brad gets not ONE vote and Casey goes down in flames. 

Toronto has fired coach Dwane Casey, a league source tells ESPN. The Raptors went 59-23 in the regular season, but were swept by the Cavs in the second round of the playoffs.

The league doesn't look stupid. First of all he was caches' association coach of the year.. The award is about regular season. Case was axed because of the off-season. He didn't imo deserve the award but let's not twist things so much

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 11:47:27 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
TP to the OP. I wanted to start a thread with the same title haha ;D
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
DeMar, much as I actually really love watching that guy go to work, probably second to Durant, with Jaylen Brown a close third, will never win being a number 1, as nor will Russ. You need to be able to shoot the 3 ball, these days, or be LeBron. End of story. This sucks because what Casey has been doing (apart from his awful game management) is actually super interesting, and he fully deserves that coach of the year thing
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
If I were the Raptors, I'd rather have Casey and the roster minus Derozan and Lowry -- like literally, trade them away for nothing -- than fire Casey and keep the core stars.

The core guys are the problem with that team.  There's no reason to think Casey had lost the team or anything like that.  A new coach won't give them a higher ceiling.

If Derozan and Lowry are to blame, then maybe the GM should be fired first. After all, he was the one who gave them those awful contracts, and built that weak minded team.

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

If Derozan and Lowry are to blame, then maybe the GM should be fired first. After all, he was the one who gave them those awful contracts, and built that weak minded team.

Yeah that's on the coach... The young Raptors core is pretty nice... In no stratosphere, should someone like Masai Ujiri be fired... He's done an impeccable job.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 12:00:46 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Casey cannot give Lowry, DeRozan & Ibaka heart. It's on the players but you can't fire them.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 12:07:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Casey cannot give Lowry, DeRozan & Ibaka heart. It's on the players but you can't fire them.

You could trade them lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2018, 12:07:48 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I still don't understand what Casey did to deserve that Coach of the Year recognition from his peers. Are we supposed to give him credit for changing the teams offensive philosophy to the current mindset in the NBA? From what I recall, Toronto returned most of their team and were healthy the entire year. The Celtics team only returned 4 players from last season, suffered a major injury minutes into this season, were starting a 19 year old rookie, and had several other season ending injuries. Yet, Toronto only finished 4 games ahead of Boston.

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
what world are we living in now that a head coach wins 59 games, top seed in the east, wins coach of the year, gets to the second round of the playoffs and then gets fired???  I mean holy smokes, such a wrong headed move. 

It is the guys on the court that can't compete with Lebron.  In some way that is a reflection of the coaching, but only a very very very small part.  You have to wonder if this is the first step of breaking up of the raptors team.