Author Topic: How much different are the perceptions in the East if Philly ended up the 4 seed  (Read 705 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Does Philly get by Indiana?  If they do, do they beat Toronto, or is Toronto in the ECF?  If Toronto is in the ECF and still loses badly to Cleveland does that alter the perception of their season since it is a round later?  Does Cleveland have the 1st round issues if they had Miami instead of Indiana?  Do people think of the season differently if Boston had lost in the 2nd round to Cleveland instead of taking out the upstart Sixers to advance to the ECF to face Cleveland? Or maybe better yet, if Cleveland didn't get it all going and lost to Boston in round 2 - how does that change the perception of the season?  In that scenario, is Boston favored against the Raptors, Sixers, or Pacers?

Interesting to think about how that 1 seeding change could have altered so many seasons. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I find it so interesting that this year you could say that about both conferences. Certainly something to think about.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I find it so interesting that this year you could say that about both conferences. Certainly something to think about.
I don't think much changes in the West.  The Rockets and Warriors were always going to be the conference finals.  Now sure maybe a 1st round series ends up a bit different, but none of the other teams out West were ever going to be Golden State or Houston.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip