Author Topic: How do we beat the Cavs in the ECF?  (Read 16829 times)

Re: How do we beat the Cavs in the ECF?
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2018, 06:52:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Dont let Lebron drive to the rim every time and we will win..toronto could not stop him from doing thhat
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The key is to keep them off the free throw line.

Cavs defense is really poor. That is not going to change

Other than Lebron I feel like the sixers presented a ton more issues

Lebron will try to score 50 Tuesday.

« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2018, 07:13:17 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

that is fine. make him score 50. just hold the rest to 30 or 40 and as long as we score 95 to 100 we are golden.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2018, 08:32:33 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think if Lebron tries to score 50 we have a much better chance in this series.

with everything said though I still believe we're in for bad days. the build up and over selling by all the van gundy's of the world before during and after the game just seems a little much and just a way to sell this series and make Lebron look like god when he overcomes this "vaunted Celtics D".

taking nothing away from the Celtics, we've more than earned everything we've gotten thus far. but I live in a reality we're a league changed the rules to make their "best" player more dominant. and in this reality there were plenty of plays in game 1 that could have been fouls against the Celtics and most definitely will be at some point in this series. the refs and LeBron will be heard from.

to put things in perspective this is essentially the Celtics bench. it's not going to look good on LeBron's resume if he loses this series. the NBA can't have it's big star looking that bad.

« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2018, 08:45:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I think if Lebron tries to score 50 we have a much better chance in this series.

with everything said though I still believe we're in for bad days. the build up and over selling by all the van gundy's of the world before during and after the game just seems a little much and just a way to sell this series and make Lebron look like god when he overcomes this "vaunted Celtics D".

taking nothing away from the Celtics, we've more than earned everything we've gotten thus far. but I live in a reality we're a league changed the rules to make their "best" player more dominant. and in this reality there were plenty of plays in game 1 that could have been fouls against the Celtics and most definitely will be at some point in this series. the refs and LeBron will be heard from.

to put things in perspective this is essentially the Celtics bench. it's not going to look good on LeBron's resume if he loses this series. the NBA can't have it's big star looking that bad.

I'm not sure about the NBA conspiracy to hail the Celtics so that they can double-hail Lebron when he overcomes.   But, I do think the C's are still the legitimate underdog in the series.  C's taking the Cavs to 6 or 7 in the ECF would be an amazing accomplishment for this brutally under-manned team.  Another loss for Cleveland in this series should be an embarrassment.  More than 1 more loss should be utter humiliation. 

Losing the series to the young and injured C's, much as putting water in a Habitant Soup, should be utterly unthinkable.

« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2018, 08:53:41 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I'm not sure about the NBA conspiracy to hail the Celtics so that they can double-hail Lebron when he overcomes.   But, I do think the C's are still the legitimate underdog in the series.  C's taking the Cavs to 6 or 7 in the ECF would be an amazing accomplishment for this brutally under-manned team.  Another loss for Cleveland in this series should be an embarrassment.  More than 1 more loss should be utter humiliation. 

Losing the series to the young and injured C's, much as putting water in a Habitant Soup, should be utterly unthinkable.

After watching the Cavs through 2+ rounds in these playoffs, it's absolutely plausible and maybe even likely the Celtics win this series.

The Cavs are a really bad defensive team, and most of their players are mentally weak front-runners.  It's all on LeBron to do everything for that team.  And as amazing as he is, it's a tall order to keep pulling what would otherwise be a lottery team by the scruff of their necks.

LeBron may very well still win this series, but I'd say it's a 50-50 proposition at this point.  This Celtics team has way more fight and heart, in addition to being more athletic and hungrier.

« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2018, 10:05:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Waiting for someone to start a "How to beat the Warriors in the NBA Finals" thread....

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2018, 10:09:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Waiting for someone to start a "How to beat the Warriors Rockets in the NBA Finals" thread....

FTFY!  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
The Celtics are no Raptors. The Celtics got that killer mindset, and an exceptional coach in Brad Stevens.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2018, 10:35:22 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
The Celtics are no Raptors. The Celtics got that killer mindset, and an exceptional coach in Brad Stevens.

raps scored over 100- 3 out of 4 games. they scored on the cavs. they just had no defense and were mentally beaten as lebron lives rent free in their heads. NOT SO WITH BOSTON!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2018, 10:37:49 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Lebron haven't faced an elite defensive team in the east since the Pacers back in 2014. But unlike the Pacers who solely relied on PG offensively, Celtics are dangerous in almost every corner.

« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2018, 11:33:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

he tried  indeed

« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2018, 01:41:38 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Great thread. go Celtics!

« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2018, 02:09:28 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Their back court will probably be back to their old self and defend well. I would like to see intense Al again.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2018, 12:11:03 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Their back court will probably be back to their old self and defend well. I would like to see intense Al again.

need a huge game from Al tonite
LET'S GO CELTICS!