Author Topic: How do we beat the Cavs in the ECF?  (Read 16719 times)

Re: How do we beat the Cavs in the ECF?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2018, 12:05:21 AM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
The Celts need to take everything they learned guarding Simmons and Giannis and apply that to LeBron.

Then, they need to play smothering defense on Korver, Love, Smith, Hill.  Can't give up easy threes.

Finally, they need the supporting guys to go nuts and hit a ton of tough jumpshots.

Oh, I forgot one -- they need Al Horford to not get clowned on the boards by Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson.  That might be the most important one, actually.

My prediction would be Cavs in 6, but I've been wrong in predicting the first two rounds.  Why would I start being right now?

AL can stay with Love while Baynes can put his body TT and keep him from jumping over his back.

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 12:18:26 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
If we don't run out of players we match up well with The Cavs!

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 12:23:59 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
How do we beat the Cavs?

A highly regarded professional gives a demonstration here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtO3JqZwASA

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 12:28:40 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
We don't, however we get the you've guys more experience and dominate next year when fully healthy.

Not trying to be a downer, but the only way we beat leroid and the refs is to shoot lights out from the arc.

In just believe next year this team is going to be fierce. This year is all about learning how to play ball in the playoffs.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 12:41:18 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I say we apply the Bill Belichick vs Buffalo Bills Super Bowl game plan. LeBron is going to be LeBron. He will probably average 40 but he can’t average 60. Just make Love and Korver’s lives a living hell. Let LeBron put up huge stat lines in losses and believe his own hype.

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2018, 12:42:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celts in 7

Celts will finish what the Pacers couldnt finish

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2018, 01:02:29 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
How do we beat the Cavs?

A highly regarded professional gives a demonstration here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtO3JqZwASA

Ah yes, Senator Fred Thompson fine at work ;D.

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 01:21:05 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Well, we can’t doible LeBron because he’s kill us.  Dude is a better passer than he is a scorer.  Have to play him straight up and see what happens.

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 01:26:11 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Did The Cavs already fly to Philly? Well, now they have to fly all the way back to Boston.

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 01:26:34 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Well, we can’t doible LeBron because he’s kill us.  Dude is a better passer than he is a scorer.  Have to play him straight up and see what happens.

I agree.

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2018, 01:29:59 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
1. Fight through screens
2. Get the rebounda(tristan thompson)
3. Attack them inside
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2018, 01:31:30 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The Cavs are the worse defense we've faced so far in the playoffs and The Celtics are the best The Cavs have faced!

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2018, 01:49:25 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
;D

- Double Lebron at times

While even this most depleted iteration of the Celtics certainly has the talent to do so, I have seen nothing that would seem to suggest that we have the intellectual capacity to defeat James, unfortunately.

That said, there are plenty of ways to beat the guy, but you don't do it by doubling him - ever - as that's what he wants. Make him score to beat you, instead, imo.

Offense should mostly run on Tatum, but knowing that Lebron will always check the best player on our team, that would be Tatum, then Brown must step up.
Also, in this series there are no Thon Maker or Joel embiid to block your shots in the middle, Tatum should have a field day driving , so does Terry, Smart and Brown must be bullies for us to have a chance.

Actually, Lebron has never guarded any of our best players for long stretches even going back to 2012, and especially at this stage of his career, he attempts to conserve energy by always taking the opponent's weakest link, offensively, so if the lineup doesn't change for us I can easily see him matching up with Horford, as Al just doesn't have the strength to exploit his size advantage in the post, I'm afraid. I'd love it if Lebron decided to guard Baynes, though, not to mention Tatum or Rozier, lol ;D.

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2018, 01:51:05 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
As much as I've been a big proponent of the bigger Celtics starting lineup with Baynes at C and Horford at PF, if the Cavs are still intending on starting Love at C and LeBron at PF, I think Stevens is going to need to switch it up and start Morris instead of Baynes.

Baynes on Love for 10 minutes a game isn't too big of a deal, but Morris is probably our best bet at making LeBron have to work for his points and other than Semi is easily our most physical wing player.  Horford has never really had much success guarding LeBron, and I don't want to see Tatum get worn out spending too much time on him either.

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2018, 02:14:43 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
As much as I've been a big proponent of the bigger Celtics starting lineup with Baynes at C and Horford at PF, if the Cavs are still intending on starting Love at C and LeBron at PF, I think Stevens is going to need to switch it up and start Morris instead of Baynes.

Baynes on Love for 10 minutes a game isn't too big of a deal, but Morris is probably our best bet at making LeBron have to work for his points and other than Semi is easily our most physical wing player.  Horford has never really had much success guarding LeBron, and I don't want to see Tatum get worn out spending too much time on him either.

The Cavs kept forcing the switch in pick and roll against the Raps. I think that we can defend that pick and roll play so much better than Toronto did. Toronto just has no defenders. That Anunoby kid was the best wing defender, and only real wing defender, that Toronto had and he was a rookie. Lebron lost that kid in the pick and roll every time down the court. Toronto has no defensive schemes at all and The Celtics are the best defense in the NBA. I think this series is going to surprise people the way the Sixers series did. Maybe I'm wrong but I have crazy faith in these Celtics to find a way. With the big if of still having 5 guys to play by the end of the Cavs series. How many health guys do we have left? 11?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 02:23:39 AM by liam »