Author Topic: Shane Larkins out indefinitely, shoulder "very very sore"  (Read 4103 times)

Re: Shane Larkins out indefinitely, shoulder "very very sore"
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23450732/shane-larkin-boston-celtics-miss-game-5-indefinitely-shoulder-sprain

We officially have no backup guard if something happens to rozier or smart. I don't think we can just bring up kadeem or jabari

While Bird isn't a PG per se, he's a guard who could spell Marcus at the 2 when Smart plays the 1. I really wish we had dumped Nader when we had the chance and signed Bird despite the cap implications (meager in my mind vs his worth to the club RIGHT NOW as next man up) and loss of his control for one year.

I started this poll:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=95827.msg2498052#msg2498052

Nader is useless except the very occasional 3-ball. His aversion or ineptness (or both) on D sickens me. We shouldve dumped Nader before the last game of the season and signed Bird. and this isnt hindsight.

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 04:22:18 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Larkin has been very injury prone this season. Wonder if it will affect the offers that he'll receive this summer.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I suspect we'll see Semi get his minutes, maybe a few Greg Monroe minutes.

Terry and Smart will play a lot tonight.

Gotta pull out all the stops to win this series.  Whatever comes after that is a bonus.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 04:37:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23450732/shane-larkin-boston-celtics-miss-game-5-indefinitely-shoulder-sprain

We officially have no backup guard if something happens to rozier or smart. I don't think we can just bring up kadeem or jabari

While Bird isn't a PG per se, he's a guard who could spell Marcus at the 2 when Smart plays the 1. I really wish we had dumped Nader when we had the chance and signed Bird despite the cap implications (meager in my mind vs his worth to the club RIGHT NOW as next man up) and loss of his control for one year.

I started this poll:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=95827.msg2498052#msg2498052

Nader is useless except the very occasional 3-ball. His aversion or ineptness (or both) on D sickens me. We shouldve dumped Nader before the last game of the season and signed Bird. and this isnt hindsight.
Bird doesn't figure anywhere into the picture. The team will give more time to Ojeleye and play Tatum at SG before resorting to Bird. And they will be right, Oj is decidedly the less awful of the two.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I think Larkin will be rested and ready if not by Sunday by game 2 if they close it out tonight.

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 12:59:44 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Danny Ainge said on @Toucherandrich that the Celtics are planning as if Shane Larkin will not be available for the entire Cavs series but hoping he could be back for latter part of series if shoulder improves

https://mobile.twitter.com/espnforsberg/status/994567008908992513?s=21

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 01:11:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I d play with a broken leg .

You never know this might be you ONE and ONLy chance to be in a finals series ......especially a guy like Larkin , Morris , etc.

Tatum , Irving , Brown will see more .

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 02:11:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Danny Ainge said on @Toucherandrich that the Celtics are planning as if Shane Larkin will not be available for the entire Cavs series but hoping he could be back for latter part of series if shoulder improves

https://mobile.twitter.com/espnforsberg/status/994567008908992513?s=21

Dang.

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 03:33:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Maybe he can come back by Game 3?

There's three days off between Game 2 (Tuesday) and Game 3 (Saturday).

On another note, three days off? Dang. Does that happen that often in playoffs? I think it did a few times like during those Boston-Miami series (2011 for example, with Game 2 on Tuesday, Game 3 Saturday), but usually there's like 2 two-days off periods between games during a series I think. Instead, we have that three day off period, then just a game every other day.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:39:11 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

On another note, three days off? Dang. Does that happen that often in playoffs? I think it did a few times like during those Boston-Miami series (2011 for example, with Game 2 on Tuesday, Game 3 Saturday), but usually there's like 2 two-days off periods between games during a series I think. Instead, we have that three day off period, then just a game every other day.

It happens when the 2nd round matchups all go 4 or 5 games.

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 03:41:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Oh okay, TP for that. I honestly didn't know.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 04:12:24 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Yeah, considering the Finals dates are set, they have to protect against short Conference Finals.

Imagine these next two series are shorter than we all anticipate? The winners could have nearly two weeks off before the Finals if they didn’t spread this out now.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2018, 06:42:32 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Any updates on Larkin?

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I d play with a broken leg .

You never know this might be you ONE and ONLy chance to be in a finals series ......especially a guy like Larkin , Morris , etc.

Tatum , Irving , Brown will see more .

No, you wouldn't.  And anyone that has ever dislocated or sprained a shoulder can tell you that you wouldn't be playing through that, either
I'm bitter.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2018, 06:48:45 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Any updates on Larkin?
Ruled out for g1-2 and unlikely to play for the rest of the series according to C’s bloggers/writers  on twitter

(Would link if at a computer)