Author Topic: A Bit Annoyed that the Cs Aren't Being Credited for Winning  (Read 4661 times)

Re: A Bit Annoyed that the Cs Aren't Being Credited for Winning
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Celts will get ridiculous credit if they do the impossible.  Beating Cleveland is not the impossible I am talking about.

I think the popular narrative isn't really too far off from reality.  The Eastern Conference competition is weak enough to have a young, injured team like the C's only one game from a trip to the Finals.  I think people are passing this off as less "amazing" than it is a function of poor competition.  And it's hard to argue with that.  If the C's make it past Cleveland and then do some damage in the Finals, they'll be recognized for the accomplishment.  But I think (and rightly so), most experts and fans believe the Finals is being played right now in the West, and the C's, if they make it, will get their clock cleaned by whichever of GSW/Houston emerges.

I don't disagree, but I work with several Lakers fans (I live in L.A. County), and they like to jokingly remind me about how weak the East is ... while conveniently ignoring the fact that the West was pretty weak when the Lakers were good in the '80s. Some people have actually talked about realignment to balance out the two conferences, but I think realigning every time there's conference imbalance is a bad idea. If some of the top free agents in the West were smart, they'd sign with East teams to make their road to the Finals easier.
Realignment makes no sense.  What is more likely is 1 through 16 playoff seeding so there will no longer be WC and EC champions.

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2018, 05:20:19 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Celts will get ridiculous credit if they do the impossible.  Beating Cleveland is not the impossible I am talking about.

I think the popular narrative isn't really too far off from reality.  The Eastern Conference competition is weak enough to have a young, injured team like the C's only one game from a trip to the Finals.  I think people are passing this off as less "amazing" than it is a function of poor competition.  And it's hard to argue with that.  If the C's make it past Cleveland and then do some damage in the Finals, they'll be recognized for the accomplishment.  But I think (and rightly so), most experts and fans believe the Finals is being played right now in the West, and the C's, if they make it, will get their clock cleaned by whichever of GSW/Houston emerges.

I don't disagree, but I work with several Lakers fans (I live in L.A. County), and they like to jokingly remind me about how weak the East is ... while conveniently ignoring the fact that the West was pretty weak when the Lakers were good in the '80s. Some people have actually talked about realignment to balance out the two conferences, but I think realigning every time there's conference imbalance is a bad idea. If some of the top free agents in the West were smart, they'd sign with East teams to make their road to the Finals easier.

If we win the championship they will shut up.

And their silence will be beautiful.

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2018, 05:23:31 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Yes it will. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2018, 06:00:04 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

....and deafening!!!

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2018, 07:08:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This team has so much heart!!!!!I hope we play team basketball tonight and win win win, Baby!

(I for one think we are at our best and playing Celtics ball when the ball is being shared and moved around.)