Author Topic: Props to my homie's...  (Read 840 times)

Props to my homie's...
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:23:46 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Josh Jackson & his agent Benjamin Armstrong for making Ainge's decision easier choosing between Tatum and him.

Because Jackson 'wanted more playing time' and in turn more exposer, this has lead him to start the season on the worst team in the NBA, lose his coach and finally get benched. Tatum started the season on the bench and is now 1 win away from leading his team to the NBA Finals all the while break multiple records in the process. Josh Jackson has 344K followers on Instagram, Tatum currently has 1.3 million and climbing, Tatum has already been in a national nike commercial...perhaps Jackson was in a local Phoenix chicken commercial?

Re: Props to my homie's...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:29:45 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I don't think Jackson was ever going to be the pick.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:35:23 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't think Jackson was ever going to be the pick.

Wasn't even close, Tatum was the pick along and would have been #1 if Danny didn't make the swap with Philly.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 08:49:59 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Yes, Tatum was the first choice. But ainge plays a complete game when planning the draft.

What if philly or LA pick Tatum? Then I think ainge goes for Jackson over ball.

Due diligence by ainge.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 08:59:16 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Tatum was the starter on opening night and for every game since. He never came off the bench.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:04:27 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Josh Jackson & his agent Benjamin Armstrong for making Ainge's decision easier choosing between Tatum and him.

Because Jackson 'wanted more playing time' and in turn more exposer, this has lead him to start the season on the worst team in the NBA, lose his coach and finally get benched. Tatum started the season on the bench and is now 1 win away from leading his team to the NBA Finals all the while break multiple records in the process. Josh Jackson has 344K followers on Instagram, Tatum currently has 1.3 million and climbing, Tatum has already been in a national nike commercial...perhaps Jackson was in a local Phoenix chicken commercial?

I think what players are starting to figure out is that in the modern NBA the size of the city doesn't matter like it used to but what does make a big difference, monetarily, is if your team is good and goes deep into the playoffs. Tatum and Brown having more eyeballs on them right now in the conference finals than they could ever have in any regular season game. People who don't even watch NBA basketball November to April will check out the Finals.

The most lucrative thing a player can do, I think, is make the NBA Finals as much as possible and be seen by the most people while they have to share the spotlight with the fewest players.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008