Author Topic: LeBron's payback to Durant. James to the Rockets  (Read 3105 times)

LeBron's payback to Durant. James to the Rockets
« on: May 09, 2018, 01:24:23 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

After the Warriors defeat the rockets in six games this year LeBron goes to the Rockets to one-up Durant. Durant stopped any hope of LJ winning another ring in Cleveland, and LJ can do the same thing back to Durant.

That four man core Of LeBron, Capella, Harden, Paul is arguably better than the Warriors. My only question is is a sign-and-trade possible with Anderson and Gordon that's a combined 33 million or throw in Tucker and that makes it 40 million that's about what LeBron will want.

Capella is 24
 Harden 28
 LeBron 33
 Paul 33

That team could win two or three rings easy IMO, where else could LeBron go with a better chance at a ring next year.

Re: LeBron's payback to Durant. James to the Rockets
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 01:54:57 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

By the way this should be welcomed as a Celtics fan. It clears the way for us to make it to the finals every year while the Warriors and Rockets battle it out.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 02:25:31 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

By the way this should be welcomed as a Celtics fan. It clears the way for us to make it to the finals every year while the Warriors and Rockets battle it out.
Yup. Some 9-12 straight finals would be in order.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 02:56:05 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would love having our only competition be Philly and maybe Milwaukee for a while
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Does anybody else agree. Just can't see him going to the Lakers. I can see him staying in Cleveland, but only if they win it all.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 12:04:08 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Yup. Some 9-12 straight finals would be in order.
and losing every one to the Rockets.  No thanks.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 12:08:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I could be wrong, but if they add Lebron, I think Capela is gone.

He's a RFA and could command a ton elsewhere.

ALSO, remember, CP3 is getting a max-deal this summer, so you have to factor that in too.

But yeah, if he goes HOU, to me that's good for us and I think Golden State's reign ends.

The East pretty much becomes Philadelphia vs. Boston. Maybe MIL if they can find the right coach AND add another star somehow, or if TOR stubbornly keeps their team together and makes a run.

Meanwhile, if we keep Smart, we have someone who in essence can probably *contain* Harden, and Kyrie > CP3. Obviously Lebron > everyone, but if we assume they do that sign and trade, AND lose Ariza (and Capela?), Houston's bench depth will take a big hit.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 12:24:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Rockets absolutely need to go for Lebron if he is available, but it will annihilate their future salary. In 2019, they could have three guys making ~$38M/yr each with Capela pulling up the rear and that # just goes higher with annual raises. I wonder if any of Lebron, Harden, or Paul will take a discount; if they do, it won't and shouldn't be much.

They could put together an awesome team - or at least an awesome top 4 - but we will see if their owner (Fertitta) is willing to go so deep into the tax seeing as how he just spent $2.2B for the team - the highest sales price in NBA history.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 12:28:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
This makes a lot of sense to me. TP KGLL.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
To go to the Rockets and keep their core players would require CP3 and LBJ to take pretty big pay cuts iirc based on some salary cap scenario articles.

I don't think it will happen, though LBJ will probably take a meeting.

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 12:38:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don’t think that it will be a sign and trade, but I could see some sort of deal where LeBron opts into his contract and then forces a move to Houston.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 12:53:54 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
How could he force CLE to do anything with Houston? Houston has absolutely nothing of value to send them in return except bad contracts. Why would CLE pick up Ryan Anderson's contract? In exchange for a 2022 protected pick or some such?  Unless they could somehow put Capela into the deal, I don't see why CLE would be inclined to do anything with Houston.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 12:56:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I could be wrong, but if they add Lebron, I think Capela is gone.

He's a RFA and could command a ton elsewhere.

ALSO, remember, CP3 is getting a max-deal this summer, so you have to factor that in too.

But yeah, if he goes HOU, to me that's good for us and I think Golden State's reign ends.

The East pretty much becomes Philadelphia vs. Boston. Maybe MIL if they can find the right coach AND add another star somehow, or if TOR stubbornly keeps their team together and makes a run.

Meanwhile, if we keep Smart, we have someone who in essence can probably *contain* Harden, and Kyrie > CP3. Obviously Lebron > everyone, but if we assume they do that sign and trade, AND lose Ariza (and Capela?), Houston's bench depth will take a big hit.
Lebron would have to opt in and then be traded to Houston (like they did with Paul).  I could actually see that happening if that is where James wants to end up (though he would have to make that decision before the season flips over).  Something like James and Smith for Anderson, Gordon, Tucker, Onuaku, Qi, and a couple of future 1st's.  Rockets could then re-sign Paul, Capela, Ariza, and other players like Green, Mbah a Moute, etc. to fill out the roster around Harden, James, Smith, and Hilario.  Rockets would thus have a starting 5 of Paul, Harden, Ariza, James, and Capela with Smith, Hilario, Green, Mbah a Moute, and some veteran minimum players on the bench.  Probably the best starting 5 in the league, but a light bench depending on what other moves they made.

The Cavs might do that as it would shave some salary, get them some other younger players, and still allow them to be competitive with their huge salary commitment next year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 01:30:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
How could he force CLE to do anything with Houston? Houston has absolutely nothing of value to send them in return except bad contracts. Why would CLE pick up Ryan Anderson's contract? In exchange for a 2022 protected pick or some such?  Unless they could somehow put Capela into the deal, I don't see why CLE would be inclined to do anything with Houston.

What are CLE’s options?  Lose Lebron for nothing? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 01:34:36 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

What are CLE’s options?  Lose Lebron for nothing?

That's the point ETN is making, I think. Anything the Rockets would send back might be worse than letting him walk.