Author Topic: 76ers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 2 Game 5 5/9/18  (Read 80609 times)

Re: 76ers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 2 Game 5 5/9/18
« Reply #1530 on: May 10, 2018, 03:06:01 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
"The Sixers the ball back down two with 2.4 seconds to play but don't have a timeout and have to heave a full-court pass that's intercepted. Philadelphia loses the series to Boston, 4-1. It certainly felt like a series they should have won, all things considered"

Ian Begley.

Sorry Ian, exactly who felt the sixers should have won?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #1531 on: May 10, 2018, 06:02:27 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
That was a pretty amazing series.  Next round is going to be really interesting.  LeBron is pretty unstoppable, but Boston (even with the injuries) is probably better equipped to match up with the Kyrie-less Cavs than they were last season.

« Reply #1532 on: May 10, 2018, 09:09:08 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Was anyone scared we were going to lose this game at the end? When saric started making those crazy shots and getting to the line I was getting anxious

The other bad part was watching Morris shoot so many bricks. The guy was 0-8 at one point and didn’t pass to an open Tatum and went for a shot instead. This tunnel vision also almost cost us the game

dude, MM is allergic to the hoop. he could have a clear path and wants to pullup and shoot a fadeaway. brad needs to chew him a new butt today.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 09:44:32 AM by Boston Garden Leprechaun »
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1533 on: May 10, 2018, 09:12:33 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
"The Sixers the ball back down two with 2.4 seconds to play but don't have a timeout and have to heave a full-court pass that's intercepted. Philadelphia loses the series to Boston, 4-1. It certainly felt like a series they should have won, all things considered"

Ian Begley.

what a delusional assclown. Boston has heart and grit and fight. We overcame HUGE adversity. 4 guys out. two still not 100%. that is 6 guys hurt playing or not playing
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1534 on: May 10, 2018, 09:17:42 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
What a great win! I am so relieved. We the fans needed that so we can recuperate for a few days. The refs let them play and I thought it was very good officiating last night. There were clear fouls both ways that weren't called but it was evenly called. I was dying a few times last night with the stupid turnovers, bad passes, not rebounding when we needed it and not getting good shots on several possessions. But that is history and we pulled it out. I think that was Simmons best game and Embid was ridiculous but Saric was an absolute monster again. What I noticed for this entire series was that Morris was terrible. He did nothing. We NEED him next round so get your **** together man. Baynes was a monster - what a defensive presence. And the 3s - are you kidding me. Wow!

« Reply #1535 on: May 10, 2018, 09:19:12 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
a few clowns picked the suxers in 5! we flipped that. a team labeled a huge underdog MAYbe gets lucky and takes it 7....we not only did not have to go 7 we beat them in 5!  if boston can learn to play for 4 quarters with low TO's, hit FT's, and finally learn when to go inside and when to go oitside we coulda swept them!   boston's intangibles were overlooked this series by idiots like steven a smith, skip bayless and fat chuck who picked suxers in 5!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1536 on: May 10, 2018, 09:20:49 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
one of the youngest rosters in the league

a team built for the future

that is ready to win now

C us rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1537 on: May 10, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Was anyone scared we were going to lose this game at the end? When saric started making those crazy shots and getting to the line I was getting anxious

The other bad part was watching Morris shoot so many bricks. The guy was 0-8 at one point and didn’t pass to an open Tatum and went for a shot instead. This tunnel vision also almost cost us the game

I had 5 heart attacks but some how felt that this team would pull it out. This is a special group.

« Reply #1538 on: May 10, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
That was a pretty amazing series.  Next round is going to be really interesting.  LeBron is pretty unstoppable, but Boston (even with the injuries) is probably better equipped to match up with the Kyrie-less Cavs than they were last season.

I'm torn. On one hand Tatum and Brown are better than anything we had on the wing last year. And IT was hobbled. But our paint presence was miserable last year and Monroe is glued to the bench. Hopefully Baynes can still be a huge factor this series..

« Reply #1539 on: May 10, 2018, 10:28:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
a few clowns picked the suxers in 5! we flipped that. a team labeled a huge underdog MAYbe gets lucky and takes it 7....we not only did not have to go 7 we beat them in 5!  if boston can learn to play for 4 quarters with low TO's, hit FT's, and finally learn when to go inside and when to go oitside we coulda swept them!   boston's intangibles were overlooked this series by idiots like steven a smith, skip bayless and fat chuck who picked suxers in 5!

Reminds me of the 2010 run. Everyone picked Cleveland but Boston ended up winning in 6.

MAYBE THE ECF will be like the 2010 ECF against Orlando Magic!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1540 on: May 11, 2018, 03:35:10 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Ian Begley.

Dumbest take I’ve read. It felt to me like a 3-0 start and a 4-1 end with the Sixers and Ben Simmons [aka -63] exposed.

@DerekBodner

Ben Simmons, on whether he's thinking of changing his shot. "Minor things. But changing the whole shot, no."

That should work.

« Reply #1541 on: May 11, 2018, 04:05:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Barkley speaking the truth!! Its a travesty and its petty jealousy that Stevens didnt get a vote for coach of the year. Tell em Charles!!!

I really don't understand the love for Casey. He seems like a good coach, but Stevens took the Cs to the No. 2 seed in the conference WITHOUT GORDON HAYWARD AND WITH KYRIE IRVING MISSING A LOT OF TIME. Not to mention the time lost for Smart and Theis. So Toronto got the 1 seed ... big deal. Everyone knew they were gonna choke against LeBron. And TORONTO WASN'T MISSING ANY KEY PLAYERS FOR BIG STRETCHES.

Just don't get it.
Irving played 60 games, and this team without Hayward is about as strong as last year's team, talent-wise.

Maybe, but Stevens still faced more hurdles than Casey.
For most of the year, Stevens had a roster that strongly resembled last year's roster, and was in line to finish with a record that strongly resembled last year's. Just because we lost Hayward in game 1 doesn't mean we weren't talented enough to come in second in the East.

Resembled in terms of talent level? Because most of the roster was new and had a lot to learn about each other. Whereas Casey wasn't trying to integrate any major new pieces.
Yes, and Casey won 59 games. The team also played with a lot more pace and tighter defense this season. He wouldn't be my choice for COTY, but I certainly see the appeal.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1542 on: May 11, 2018, 04:15:50 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

I'm torn. On one hand Tatum and Brown are better than anything we had on the wing last year. And IT was hobbled. But our paint presence was miserable last year and Monroe is glued to the bench. Hopefully Baynes can still be a huge factor this series..

I think we see a lot more of Monroe against the Cavs.

A healthy Larkin will come in handy too.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #1543 on: May 11, 2018, 04:53:26 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

We have Baynes and Horford seems to develop a knack for boards this post season. He's almost averaging 9 RPG, battling talented bigs like Giannis and Embiid.

« Reply #1544 on: May 11, 2018, 01:31:45 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Reminds me of the 2010 run. Everyone picked Cleveland but Boston ended up winning in 6.

MAYBE THE ECF will be like the 2010 ECF against Orlando Magic!

sounds good to me! i will take it!
LET'S GO CELTICS!