Author Topic: 76ers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 2 Game 5 5/9/18  (Read 80610 times)

Re: 76ers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 2 Game 5 5/9/18
« Reply #1515 on: May 10, 2018, 12:05:15 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
VET ROOK UP NEXT ON PODIUM!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1516 on: May 10, 2018, 12:14:35 AM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
#1 Raptors had difficulties putting the #8 Wizards away should be telling.
We had difficulties putting away #7 Bucks, so...

We were missing our two best players against a supposed top 5 player.

What’s their excuse?
We also didn't have Smart until G5 iirc. And Brown didn't play the second half of G7.

Smart, coming back earlier than expected, turned that series around starting in game 5.  Without him, and what he did on both ends of floor, the C's likely would have lost.  Now he's carried the C's into the ECF.  Yes, I recognize others stepped up their games (Rozier, AL and especially JB) but Smart is the "straw that stirs {this team's} drink when KI is not in the game (or available unti next year). 

« Reply #1517 on: May 10, 2018, 12:18:34 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Barkley speaking the truth!! Its a travesty and its petty jealousy that Stevens didnt get a vote for coach of the year. Tell em Charles!!!

I really don't understand the love for Casey. He seems like a good coach, but Stevens took the Cs to the No. 2 seed in the conference WITHOUT GORDON HAYWARD AND WITH KYRIE IRVING MISSING A LOT OF TIME. Not to mention the time lost for Smart and Theis. So Toronto got the 1 seed ... big deal. Everyone knew they were gonna choke against LeBron. And TORONTO WASN'T MISSING ANY KEY PLAYERS FOR BIG STRETCHES.

Just don't get it.
Irving played 60 games, and this team without Hayward is about as strong as last year's team, talent-wise.

Maybe, but Stevens still faced more hurdles than Casey.
For most of the year, Stevens had a roster that strongly resembled last year's roster, and was in line to finish with a record that strongly resembled last year's. Just because we lost Hayward in game 1 doesn't mean we weren't talented enough to come in second in the East.

Resembled in terms of talent level? Because most of the roster was new and had a lot to learn about each other. Whereas Casey wasn't trying to integrate any major new pieces.

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1518 on: May 10, 2018, 12:22:15 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
hah some guy on NBATV said toronto was beaten mentally before their series with the cavs ever started. he said that won't happen with boston.

true, however we were beaten so bad last year on point differential in those 4 we lost...we could improve greatly this year point differential wise and still lose in 5 again, but technically show progress. it is what it is. we will see.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1519 on: May 10, 2018, 12:26:46 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
 ;D ;D ;D

Thank youuuuuuuuu!!!!

My heart survived!
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #1520 on: May 10, 2018, 12:31:45 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Is Popeyes any good?
No, but I'd probably take it over KFC

you have no clue. KFC is crap compared to popeyes.
I agree Popeye's is better. I'm not sure I agree to the degree

Is Popeyes any good?

Best fast food chicken..

Really? I've seen the commercials for years but have never been there, so TP for the info :). Are they better than KFC? Again, I've only been there once in my entire life like 5-10 years ago, lol.

Chick fil A is the best.

So wait a second. On a scale of 1 to 10 if 10 is the absolute best fast food....KFC is a 4 right? So what is Popeyes? a six?

Thanks for talking turkey about chicken ;D. Tps for everyone, lol.

The only thing that could make the end of this series sweeter is if in the offseason, Terry Rozier starts dating Rihanna.

Sorry RiRi, but Terry's taken ;D - https://www.sportsgossip.com/nba/terry-rozier-gets-a-shoutout-from-smoking-hot-ig-model-and-he-responded

6AM here
Absolute happiness

5 am here and the day couldn't start better ;D

Tps to both of you for staying up :).

« Reply #1521 on: May 10, 2018, 01:04:31 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i love this team so much
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #1522 on: May 10, 2018, 01:24:10 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
It's so funny how surprised the sports media people are at how The Celtics just handled the Sixers. I was shocked anyone was picking The Sixers and everyone was so sure. I called Celtics in 5 and I thought it was an obvious call. Brown and Tatum are the real deal baby. Now everyone is saying how we have no chance against the Cavs. I feel like The Celtics match up well against the Cavs. If we don't run out of players I think we have a really good chance.

« Reply #1523 on: May 10, 2018, 01:32:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It's so funny how surprised the sports media people are at how The Celtics just handled the Sixers. I was shocked anyone was picking The Sixers and everyone was so sure. I called Celtics in 5 and I thought it was an obvious call. Brown and Tatum are the real deal baby. Now everyone is saying how we have no chance against the Cavs. I feel like The Celtics match up well against the Cavs. If we don't run out of players I think we have a really good chance.
The media scramble that will ensue if we beat the Cavs would be so much fun. Everybody trying to act as if they secretly knew it would happen because they all want to be that journalist who predicted the upset or whatever. They're all millionaire clowns
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1524 on: May 10, 2018, 01:40:01 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The media scramble that will ensue if we beat the Cavs would be so much fun. Everybody trying to act as if they secretly knew it would happen because they all want to be that journalist who predicted the upset or whatever. They're all millionaire clowns

Yeah, then they will explain why it was so obvious. Right now I hear a lot about the Sixers blew and were too young but no credit to Boston who is just as young.

« Reply #1525 on: May 10, 2018, 02:12:34 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yeah, then they will explain why it was so obvious. Right now I hear a lot about the Sixers blew and were too young but no credit to Boston who is just as young.
Boston is younger and played far more maturely and with much more poise. Nobody wants to give us credit lol. I'm kinda liking the disrespect
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1526 on: May 10, 2018, 02:36:17 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 02:46:37 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1527 on: May 10, 2018, 02:36:20 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Boston is younger and played far more maturely and with much more poise. Nobody wants to give us credit lol. I'm kinda liking the disrespect

It reminds me of that 2004 Pistons team that had no "Stars" but played great team ball. They had a lot of long defenders and a great defensive center that anchored the team. They killed that group of "Superstar" Lakers players in the finals 4-1. No one picked them to win either. Go Celtics!

« Reply #1528 on: May 10, 2018, 02:40:06 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Joel Embiid tweeted that it was a helluva series, and congratulating Boston and their fans for making it fun.

Well, yeah, the Celtics and their fanbase are fun!  8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1529 on: May 10, 2018, 02:59:19 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Was anyone scared we were going to lose this game at the end? When saric started making those crazy shots and getting to the line I was getting anxious

The other bad part was watching Morris shoot so many bricks. The guy was 0-8 at one point and didn’t pass to an open Tatum and went for a shot instead. This tunnel vision also almost cost us the game