Author Topic: 76ers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 2 Game 5 5/9/18  (Read 80687 times)

Re: 76ers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 2 Game 5 5/9/18
« Reply #1470 on: May 09, 2018, 11:24:46 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Why we won 4-1:

Ben Maller
‏Verified account @benmaller

Sixers were outscored by -63 points with Ben Simmons on court over the five games against #Celtics.

That is pretty telling.  Wow.

« Reply #1471 on: May 09, 2018, 11:25:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Now that I'm (just) a little bit more relax, I cannot believe the wide open three JJ Redick missed.

You live by the three you die by the three.

« Reply #1472 on: May 09, 2018, 11:26:23 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Not expecting much out of the next series. Everything since the 1st round is gravy at this point.

Be excited for next year guys. This team if healthy should take it all.

That's what I said before the Philly series. I guess I should take that attitude now, as well ... but dang, I can't help thinking Boston can make this a tough series for Cleveland!

A little over a week ago, the Cavs were pushed to the brink by the Pacers, who honestly could have won had they not made totally understandable rookie mistakes.

Toronto just doesn't have the assets to limit LeBron, but Boston most certainly does.

This is going to be a good series, or at the very least, be better than last year.

« Reply #1473 on: May 09, 2018, 11:26:24 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
House money. House money. House money. House money.

Get hyped. The celtics have nothing to lose.
#JKJB

« Reply #1474 on: May 09, 2018, 11:27:55 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I will wake tomorrow and look at box score again..just to make sure it was not the wine 🍷🍷🍷

« Reply #1475 on: May 09, 2018, 11:29:04 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Now that I'm (just) a little bit more relax, I cannot believe the wide open three JJ Redick missed.

You live by the three you die by the three.

Philly certainly made enough absurd shots this series, especially the last two games, with guys like Redick and Bellinelli making shots while they were falling out of bounds and drifting sideways. Ridiculous.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1476 on: May 09, 2018, 11:30:26 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Lebron’s wet dream:

1. Face pacers in first round
2. Raptors who cannot beat me in 2nd
3. Celtics in ecf and no Kyrie, No Hayward and hobbled Brown and Tatum

« Reply #1477 on: May 09, 2018, 11:31:06 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Not expecting much out of the next series. Everything since the 1st round is gravy at this point.

Be excited for next year guys. This team if healthy should take it all.

That's what I said before the Philly series. I guess I should take that attitude now, as well ... but dang, I can't help thinking Boston can make this a tough series for Cleveland!

A little over a week ago, the Cavs were pushed to the brink by the Pacers, who honestly could have won had they not made totally understandable rookie mistakes.

Toronto just doesn't have the assets to limit LeBron, but Boston most certainly does.

This is going to be a good series, or at the very least, be better than last year.

no more 40 point beat downs at home. PLEASE

that was not even a game last year it was a 3 ring circus
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1478 on: May 09, 2018, 11:31:55 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Brad looks and sounds like he's been drinking. The Indiana accent is coming out.

« Reply #1479 on: May 09, 2018, 11:33:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Barkley speaking the truth!! Its a travesty and its petty jealousy that Stevens didnt get a vote for coach of the year. Tell em Charles!!!

I really don't understand the love for Casey. He seems like a good coach, but Stevens took the Cs to the No. 2 seed in the conference WITHOUT GORDON HAYWARD AND WITH KYRIE IRVING MISSING A LOT OF TIME. Not to mention the time lost for Smart and Theis. So Toronto got the 1 seed ... big deal. Everyone knew they were gonna choke against LeBron. And TORONTO WASN'T MISSING ANY KEY PLAYERS FOR BIG STRETCHES.

Just don't get it.
Irving played 60 games, and this team without Hayward is about as strong as last year's team, talent-wise.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1480 on: May 09, 2018, 11:34:54 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Lebron’s wet dream:

1. Face pacers in first round
2. Raptors who cannot beat me in 2nd
3. Celtics in ecf and no Kyrie, No Hayward and hobbled Brown and Tatum

lol   that team is cursed LEBRONTO owns them

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1481 on: May 09, 2018, 11:36:21 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Barkley speaking the truth!! Its a travesty and its petty jealousy that Stevens didnt get a vote for coach of the year. Tell em Charles!!!

I really don't understand the love for Casey. He seems like a good coach, but Stevens took the Cs to the No. 2 seed in the conference WITHOUT GORDON HAYWARD AND WITH KYRIE IRVING MISSING A LOT OF TIME. Not to mention the time lost for Smart and Theis. So Toronto got the 1 seed ... big deal. Everyone knew they were gonna choke against LeBron. And TORONTO WASN'T MISSING ANY KEY PLAYERS FOR BIG STRETCHES.

Just don't get it.
Irving played 60 games, and this team without Hayward is about as strong as last year's team, talent-wise.

Maybe, but Stevens still faced more hurdles than Casey.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1482 on: May 09, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Just don't get it.

Maybe, but Stevens still faced more hurdles than Casey.

sorry not impressed with casey at all
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1483 on: May 09, 2018, 11:37:58 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Just don't get it.

Yep. Brad is better and it isn't even close.

C's roleplayers and young guys have been HUGE for us in crunch time.

Raps roleplayers - and veterans - crapped their pants at the first sign of real trouble.

When the Cavs hit them in the mouth they could have responded and hit back, harder. Instead they folded up. We learned plenty about both the coach and organization in that second round series against the Cavs.

« Reply #1484 on: May 09, 2018, 11:38:50 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
BEN SIMMONS AT PODIUM
LET'S GO CELTICS!