Author Topic: McConnell is a headache. How to deal with the little...  (Read 3698 times)

Re: McConnell is a headache. How to deal with the little...
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 06:53:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He doesn’t have a dirty rep like Dellavedova from the MIL series...

Just because a guy does not have a rep does not mean that he does not play dirty.   Watch him play...

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 07:53:19 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
A guy in my rotisserie keeper league cut him today.  Well played.  TJ get one, maybe to hoops tonight.  Celts in 5!
Yup

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 08:02:48 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
If winning this series comes down to whether or not we can figure out a way to stop TJ McConnell, I like our chances.  We can't lose sight though that Philly is a good team, probably just a tick better than Milwaukee and we barely got by the Bucks.  I am more worried about whether or not we can continue to contain Embiid and Simmons than whether we can contain TJ.  We have up to two home games.  We should be able to close this out.

Fouls played a role in game 5.  Hopefully that will even out.  And we need to shoot better.  We did not handle the PNR blitz defense (double team) very well.  We need to execute better on that and that should lead to better looks and the better looks should lead to better shooting.

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 08:12:31 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
As long as Tatum doesnt get his with 3 fouls in the 2nd where we have to take our best offensive player off the court for 7minutes I think we should be fine.

In both games 3 and 4, Refs putting our best players into foul trouble killed us.

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2018, 08:32:08 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Never mind McConnell just rebound and play good basketball and hope the refs call the game even on both ends of the court. The officiating was at best one sided in Philly at worse disturbing I think Tatum and Brown are the only players in the league that take it to the basket and almost never get fouled.  :o

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2018, 08:45:41 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
We had 4 starters with 3 fouls in the 1st half... That Calmed our defense down a ton in the second half.. Losing Larkin really hurt as well...

I dont expect the Refs to foul us out in Boston... We will be fine..

Who are the refs?

We'll know I'm 15 minutes if there will be a game 7 or not.

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2018, 09:04:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
type of player who plays all in , thats the Teague was years ago,  he loved his role as messing with our guards because of his youth and quickness, now not so much.

He has the revenge chip, Ill show you , i belong , i can play .......so yes guys tend to forget about him, he has more athleticism than he looks and it gets guys lke Rozier and Smart into trouble.

He has to be matched with in your face equal enthusiasm. , or his attitude will win the matchups over better players.

Its how AB used to pick on D Wade way back .  .......new legs and energy. 

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 09:08:37 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He doesn’t have a dirty rep like Dellavedova from the MIL series...

Just because a guy does not have a rep does not mean that he does not play dirty.   Watch him play...

he plays with reckless abandon , more than trying to purposely hurt somebody ,   but the result either way , could be more injured Celtics.

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2018, 09:12:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
McConnell is a quality back-up PG.  He does have plenty of starting experience though.

The bigger thing for me, is if Fultz ever gets his head on straight, he could thrive in the McConnell role from game 4 going forward.  That is what the Sixers envisioned with Fultz, except you know Fultz is bigger, stronger, faster and a better shooter than McConnell.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2018, 09:20:10 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We had 4 starters with 3 fouls in the 1st half... That Calmed our defense down a ton in the second half.. Losing Larkin really hurt as well...

I dont expect the Refs to foul us out in Boston... We will be fine..

Who are the refs?

James Capers, Tom Washington and Zach Zarba are the officials for Game 5 between Boston and Philadelphia. Nothing with that assignment should raise any eyebrows.

We'll know I'm 15 minutes if there will be a game 7 or not.