Author Topic: The Confetti Game!  (Read 3587 times)

Re: The Confetti Game!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Does confetti have an expiration date? 

Maybe they didn’t want to wait til next year

ask milwaukee

they popped confetti after every win against us.

Their cobfetti musta been really old. they hadnt made or won in playoffs in what? 20 years? LOL

confetti was spoiled so they decided to use it instead of trash it!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It's not confetti.

It's covfefe.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 10:54:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
It's not confetti.

It's covfefe.

It was loser confetti, the kind that burns your eyes.

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 11:00:44 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The Confetti Game goes right up there with the balloon game and Havlicek stole the ball and Bird stole the ball and all of those great Celtics moments!

CONFETTI GAME!

As I recall, Havlicek saved Russell by stealing the ball on the inbounds pass after Russell had hit the wiring on an inbounds pass and given the ball to Philly. Probably the most embarrassing play of Russ's career as a Celtic.

Maybe Philly was so full of themselves after beating the Patriots. You know, the Boston teams generally get negative media outside of New England, partly because most of the big sports networks are in NY, and their commentators grew up in NYC. Mike Sirroca of ESPN admitted as much on the Kentucky Derby broadcast. The Philly media is negative on the Celtics because of previous wars usually won by the Celtics.

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 11:35:50 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
It's not confetti.

It's covfefe.

It was loser confetti, the kind that burns your eyes.

lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 12:44:03 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Okay let's NOT be the first team in NBA history to blow a 3-0 series lead or this confetti game will be a laughingstock.

We need to clean them up ASAP. The Celtics need to come out firing in all cylinders on Monday, playing like their lives depend on it...again.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 12:51:19 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Okay let's NOT be the first team in NBA history to blow a 3-0 series lead or this confetti game will be a laughingstock.

We need to clean them up ASAP. The Celtics need to come out firing in all cylinders on Monday, playing like their lives depend on it...again.

I don't even think the Celtics have played their best basketball yet. We haven't put it all together yet. Monday night Baby!

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 08:58:57 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Like Tommy said post game. The Sixers are going to say to themselves "Do we want to go back to Boston?" I think the answer is No and it will end in Philly tomorrow night. Go Celts!

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 12:36:20 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
This is still funny a day later. That delay helped the C's IMO.

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 12:43:54 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
That was one of the most cringe worthy things in sports I've seen in a long time. What an amateur franchise.

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 01:41:52 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Milwaukee did the same thing with their victories. Confetti & streamers for a win. Yes, it's a little different and premature for Philly to think they won and let them go but seriously I found Milwaukee doing the same thing as ridiculous.

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Like Tommy said post game. The Sixers are going to say to themselves "Do we want to go back to Boston?" I think the answer is No and it will end in Philly tomorrow night. Go Celts!

Before the series even started, I imagined the perfect ending would be C's in 5 with a blowout win at the Garden, and the crowd mockingly chants "Trust the Process" (or perhaps a more graphic version) so loud the broadcast crew can't ignore it.  It starts when Embiid fouls out with like 6 minutes left in the 4th, then continues for the rest of the game.  As the C's are up 25 with 2 minutes left, and the "Trust the Process chant louder than ever, the camera moves to a demoralized Embiid and Simmons on the bench. 

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 02:34:53 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This is still funny a day later. That delay helped the C's IMO.

I totally agree with you rondofan.  My son could not be home to watch with me as he is in the middle of finals at NC State, but we were talking on the phone and I told him that this rest was great for Horford, Baynes, and Morris!!!  It also stalled their momentum following that big shot!!

Smitty77

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

I don't even think the Celtics have played their best basketball yet. We haven't put it all together yet. Monday night Baby!

That being said, I hope the Raptors become the first team in NBA history to come back up from 0-3 and win the series.

Probability of that happening = 0% as long as NBA and LeBron James are working together.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 02:58:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The Confetti Game goes right up there with the balloon game and Havlicek stole the ball and Bird stole the ball and all of those great Celtics moments!

CONFETTI GAME!
Confetti Game and Balloon Game both happened on May 5th... 49 years apart.