Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at 76ers (0-2) Round 2 Game #3 5/5/18  (Read 75850 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at 76ers (0-2) Round 2 Game #3 5/5/18
« Reply #1245 on: May 05, 2018, 09:54:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Embiid is really complaining about calls after this game and the foul disparity there was in their favor??

That's why they will keep losing. He just doesn't get it. Until you own up to your own mistakes and correct them, you will keep losing. Horford schooled him down the stretch, and stuffed him twice.

« Reply #1246 on: May 05, 2018, 09:55:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to all on this thread!  ;D

I was outside with family so couldn't watch the game, but had this forum game thread up almost the entire time (lol). Was frustrating at times with connection errors on the site and occassionally my 4G/LTE going slow depending where we were, but was great to follow along the game with everyone's posts here!

Throughout all the frustrations, raging at refs, raging at missed FT's, praising folks, celebrating makes, it was a hard fought win and a battle that we won at the end. The end of the 4th definitely gave me a heart attack as connection problems hit again on this site, but I was seeing some folks like Kaufman and others on Twitter talking confetti, "OH MY GOD", etc. lol  :P

#OnToGame5 #GreatSaturday  8)

Who prioritizes family over a C's playoff game??  :P
My wife, apparently, since she chose a girl's night out so I'm solo parenting for the night :)

Lol. Depending on the age that could be bad - or really bad.

Luckily we got our baby to nap through most of the game. So my wife watched most of the game with me. During the 4th and OT she was like, "How the hell do you do this all of the time? My heart is about to explode with nervousness!" lol
He's 3.5 and has always had a mega late bedtime (past 9pm). We even watched part of the game together, but he doesn't have attention span for more (unless it's Paw Patrol or Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom, apparently).

My wife travels a lot for business so I've been doing this pretty much since he was born. No biggie.

"SON, DID YOU SEE THAT AL HORFORD GAME WINNER AND STEAL!!!"

Son: "Huh? Oh are we watching Paw Patrol right now"  :laugh:

And LOL:

He's 3.5 and has always had a mega late bedtime (past 9pm).

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1247 on: May 05, 2018, 09:55:57 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
After a big win like that I typically go to the opposing team’s fan message boards and Twitter to bask in their misery. Is there something wrong with me? Yes, yes there is.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #1248 on: May 05, 2018, 09:56:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to all on this thread!  ;D

I was outside with family so couldn't watch the game, but had this forum game thread up almost the entire time (lol). Was frustrating at times with connection errors on the site and occassionally my 4G/LTE going slow depending where we were, but was great to follow along the game with everyone's posts here!

Throughout all the frustrations, raging at refs, raging at missed FT's, praising folks, celebrating makes, it was a hard fought win and a battle that we won at the end. The end of the 4th definitely gave me a heart attack as connection problems hit again on this site, but I was seeing some folks like Kaufman and others on Twitter talking confetti, "OH MY GOD", etc. lol  :P

#OnToGame5 #GreatSaturday  8)

Who prioritizes family over a C's playoff game??  :P
My wife, apparently, since she chose a girl's night out so I'm solo parenting for the night :)

Lol. Depending on the age that could be bad - or really bad.

Luckily we got our baby to nap through most of the game. So my wife watched most of the game with me. During the 4th and OT she was like, "How the hell do you do this all of the time? My heart is about to explode with nervousness!" lol

SAME. Especially if it's a road game. God knows what would have happened if I actually watched this entire game :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1249 on: May 05, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Embiid is really complaining about calls after this game and the foul disparity there was in their favor??

That's why they will keep losing. He just doesn't get it. Until you own up to your own mistakes and correct them, you will keep losing. Horford schooled him down the stretch, and stuffed him twice.

Yeah dude needs a serious (no pun) attitude adjustment...he needs to stop the clowning and act like he is getting tens of millions to produce.

« Reply #1250 on: May 05, 2018, 09:56:39 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
BIG AL and VET ROOK at podium

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1251 on: May 05, 2018, 09:57:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If awards were voted on after the playoffs I can't help but wonder if LeBron would have won MVP, Tatum would have win ROY and Stevens would have won Coach of the Year?

I agree on everything except Tatum, as Donovan Mitchell would have at least as strong of a case for that award, imo.

« Reply #1252 on: May 05, 2018, 10:00:26 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Tatum was an astonishing +24 in the game tonight- beyond incredible

« Reply #1253 on: May 05, 2018, 10:03:47 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1254 on: May 05, 2018, 10:09:10 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Raptors are who we thought they are...mentally soft. Casey is getting outcoached by freaking Lue.

yup. even my raptors friend agrees. they have checked out mentally. they are weak mentally. just a regular season team. lebron lives RENT FREE in their heads.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1255 on: May 05, 2018, 11:12:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

It truly is remarkable.  I've been saying all season that I honestly think Tatum is close to as talented as Durant was as a rookie. I  live in Seattle and watched Durant a ton his rookie year (Brown actually reminds me a ton of young Jeff Green back then, but that's a different story).  Durant shot terribly that rookie year.  Like 42% from the field and 29% from three, but he had a green light to shoot as much as he wanted.  I imagine the reps helped his development.

That was the concern with Tatum... that being part of such a loaded roster might stunt his development.  I worried that he wouldn't get the reps and wouldn't get the necessary confidence.  The silver lining of the injuries is that Tatum is now getting an opportunity to be one of the main guys on this team on the big stage.  A huge amount of responsibility has fallen on him.  And the kid is meeting and exceeding expectations.

He's now averaging 18.1 points, 4.7 rebounds, 3 assists, 1.3 steals with 45%/30.7%/82.6% shooting in 10 playoff games.

Compare that to Durant's rookie season where he averaged 20.3 points, 4.4 rebounds, 2.4 asssits, 1 steal with 43%/29%/87% shooting for a 20 win Sonic team.

Tatum genuinely has a shot to end up a true superstar.  We haven't had a true superstar prospect since Bird.  Loved Pierce, but his ceiling wasn't as high as Tatum.  It's exciting.  And most importantly it means Boston could reasonably have their 4th star to pair with Kyrie, Hayward and Horford.   Our only hope of competing with the 4-star Warriors is to have one of our young guys develop into a star as well.   When you also consider the contributions of Brown and Rozier (or moving those guys for Kawhi), it makes our future pretty darn interesting.

« Reply #1256 on: May 05, 2018, 11:15:13 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Tatum is a more athletic Pierce. Pierce was so crafty and smart which Agent 0 will become as he progresses

« Reply #1257 on: May 05, 2018, 11:22:30 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
LEBRONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD GOD TORONTO BLOWS.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1258 on: May 05, 2018, 11:26:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

It truly is remarkable.  I've been saying all season that I honestly think Tatum is close to as talented as Durant was as a rookie. I  live in Seattle and watched Durant a ton his rookie year (Brown actually reminds me a ton of young Jeff Green back then, but that's a different story).  Durant shot terribly that rookie year.  Like 42% from the field and 29% from three, but he had a green light to shoot as much as he wanted.  I imagine the reps helped his development.

That was the concern with Tatum... that being part of such a loaded roster might stunt his development.  I worried that he wouldn't get the reps and wouldn't get the necessary confidence.  The silver lining of the injuries is that Tatum is now getting an opportunity to be one of the main guys on this team on the big stage.  A huge amount of responsibility has fallen on him.  And the kid is meeting and exceeding expectations.

He's now averaging 18.1 points, 4.7 rebounds, 3 assists, 1.3 steals with 45%/30.7%/82.6% shooting in 10 playoff games.

Compare that to Durant's rookie season where he averaged 20.3 points, 4.4 rebounds, 2.4 asssits, 1 steal with 43%/29%/87% shooting for a 20 win Sonic team.

Tatum genuinely has a shot to end up a true superstar.  We haven't had a true superstar prospect since Bird.  Loved Pierce, but his ceiling wasn't as high as Tatum.  It's exciting.  And most importantly it means Boston could reasonably have their 4th star to pair with Kyrie, Hayward and Horford.   Our only hope of competing with the 4-star Warriors is to have one of our young guys develop into a star as well.   When you also consider the contributions of Brown and Rozier (or moving those guys for Kawhi), it makes our future pretty darn interesting.

That Jeff Green comparison to Jaylen Brown is so lazy and inaccurate. Jaylen Brown is a killer, Jeff Green is food!

« Reply #1259 on: May 05, 2018, 11:26:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Tatum is a more athletic Pierce. Pierce was so crafty and smart which Agent 0 will become as he progresses
Longer too.  More advanced offensive game than Pierce had at that age.  I've heard Tatum might not even be done growing.