Author Topic: How much is Rozier or dare I say Kyrie worth?  (Read 8301 times)

Re: How much is Rozier or dare I say Kyrie worth?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 07:56:19 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I don't want another draft pick for Rozier since it won't be a top 10 pick and since all we are doing is cashing in all the equity we built in Rozier and kicking it down the road with a trade for a similarly risky outside the top ten pick only to have to develop that player for a payoff 3-4 years down the road. We aren't a rebuilding team anymore. We have the Sac pick, the Mem pick, the LAC pick and all our picks. We do not need more picks.

If you are trading Rozier, you best be getting soneone who can crack a playoff rotation and be able to contribute at a high level now. Not sure who that would be but a player like Mirotic would be a great fit. Sabonis maybe. Willie Cauley Stein maybe.
Yep. Go all in next year with Rozier off the bench, unless we could snag Sabonis for him. Rozier and Oladipo would be a crazy athletic back-court.

Sick of seeing trades of Rozier for a late lotto pick. Would much rather see TRoz shred GSW's backup guards in the 2019 Finals ;)

What are your thoughts on a potential deal with the Clippers?  Doc will resist a rebuild but he no longer has the GM duties.  The Clippers are one of the few teams who can provide a 2018 lottery pick & a rotation guard, all while maintaining financial flexibility for the future. 

Celtics receive:
2018 late lottery pick(Clippers have two)
Patrick Beverley (not sure if he will be happy in bench role for 25 MPG)

Clippers receive:
Terry Rozier

A bench guard combo of Beverley and Smart would be perfect in potential match-ups with Golden State or Houston.  Beverley is also a an excellent 3 point shooter.

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 07:56:36 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think rozier can get a high lotto pick unless he's part of a larger trade. I think he's worth about 15th pick by himself.

too low...the guy was already a 16th pick himself on his own draft class and in a redraft now of 2015, Terry is going at least top 6 the way he is playing out of his mind.
rozier is an expiring contract. You realize that right

No he isn't.
yes he is. When he is eligible to be traded  he will be an expiring contract

He’ll be an expiring contract as of July 1.

He’s eligible to be traded as soon as our season is over.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 08:24:51 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I don't want another draft pick for Rozier since it won't be a top 10 pick and since all we are doing is cashing in all the equity we built in Rozier and kicking it down the road with a trade for a similarly risky outside the top ten pick only to have to develop that player for a payoff 3-4 years down the road. We aren't a rebuilding team anymore. We have the Sac pick, the Mem pick, the LAC pick and all our picks. We do not need more picks.

If you are trading Rozier, you best be getting soneone who can crack a playoff rotation and be able to contribute at a high level now. Not sure who that would be but a player like Mirotic would be a great fit. Sabonis maybe. Willie Cauley Stein maybe.
Yep. Go all in next year with Rozier off the bench, unless we could snag Sabonis for him. Rozier and Oladipo would be a crazy athletic back-court.

Sick of seeing trades of Rozier for a late lotto pick. Would much rather see TRoz shred GSW's backup guards in the 2019 Finals ;)

What are your thoughts on a potential deal with the Clippers?  Doc will resist a rebuild but he no longer has the GM duties.  The Clippers are one of the few teams who can provide a 2018 lottery pick & a rotation guard, all while maintaining financial flexibility for the future. 

Celtics receive:
2018 late lottery pick(Clippers have two)
Patrick Beverley (not sure if he will be happy in bench role for 25 MPG)

Clippers receive:
Terry Rozier

A bench guard combo of Beverley and Smart would be perfect in potential match-ups with Golden State or Houston.  Beverley is also a an excellent 3 point shooter.

No offense but I think that deal is Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. A backup PG coming off serious knee surgery on a one year contract and a late lotto pick for Rozier isn't enough. We could get that in a sign-and-trade the following season.

To pry Rozier from my cold, dead hands it's going to take a solid lottery pick and/or him being part of a bigger deal. He's 24 and is averaging 19/5/6.5 in the playoffs after averaging 16/6.5/5 as a starter. We're starting to get a large enough sample size that it's becoming difficult to dismiss this performance level as a fluke or aberration.

Any GM is going to look at that and think they can expect that type of performance with the added bonus of Rozier being young enough and a hard enough worker to continue to improve. I think at least some GMs will look at Terry as a guy who in his prime is a good leader, a good defender, a close to 20ppg scorer who also will pull down 5+ boards and 5+ assists. If that's the case he's worth a helluva lot more than a late lottery pick and a backup injured PG whose contract expires next year.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2018, 08:27:33 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
the 2 clippers picks this year are ok for rozier... they get their starting pg... we get a back up point guard in sexton and one more youngster

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 08:30:01 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Beverly has no cartilage in his knee. I'd pass as well.

The best trades with Rozier are the ones we don't make. For now.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 08:33:33 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
You guys are right.  I forgot Beverley destroyed  his knee.

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 08:34:18 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
for kyrie.... porzingis and their lotto pick
                 adetokunbo and 1,2 mid range picks
                 dennis smith and their lotto pick
                 booker and their lotto pick
                 anthony davies

there is no way the celtics trade him

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 08:42:31 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I think as much as it would pain me, I'd trade Irving for Lenard. Love Irving, but he is the leak link on D. Adding a defensive player of the year plus Haywood next year would be crazy good.

Mine biggest concern is I'm not 100% sold on Rozier yet. He played pretty well in game 3, but has to show me he can play consistently well on the road. So far his numbers have been quite different home vs away. You know you can count on Irving to step up on the road, which is something that separates good from great players, IMO.

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 10:54:22 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
If Scary Terry brings us NBA finals, then yes, I agree we trading Kyrie over him.

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 11:28:41 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Right now 8 to 12 pick in this draft. But if he has a few more of the same 18 pt 5reb 4ast 0to type games he is going to be worth 3 to 8.

The guy has shown improvement each year and could still be getting better.

I wouldn't deal Irving he is a leader for the team and puts up good #s.

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2018, 11:34:36 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
For Rozier, I hope he wins the Celtics a title. He has really taken a huge leap this year.

I think Irving is the right player to keep though. He is age correct, is a significant offensive threat and is a point guard. Irving doesn't win a big game on fireworks. He wins it using his talent and calm.

Terry Rozier deserves an award as the best defensive "free safety" in the NBA. He has made more important interceptions this year than I can count.

Irving can slip into Kyrie/ISOball, but, with the right team around him? He is better than Terry.

I wonder about trading anyone on the roster for a "draft pick." Should Rozier be traded for a first rounder, what is Ainge going to do with that player? Will he be top 10? If he isn't NBA ready, we are paying out a lot of money to a player who can't help the list of guys below try to win a title.

Brown-Tatum-Hayward-Irving + Horford pretty much covers it doesn't it?. All other roster spots are for guys "who can play" right? Like...ummm...Rozier?

Maybe Danny trades him for a 2021 first rounder and a rotation player, but, Danny doesn't have any money for anything "big" unless he trades a big salary.

Danny could wait to the deadline and trade Terry to a team that has lost their PG?

Yes, a "new" first round salary at $5M in 2018 is ok, but, how many minutes is this new guy gonna get? We have a guy like Bird who is cheap and could be the third string back court guy or a veteran contract somewhere.

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2018, 11:34:49 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think as much as it would pain me, I'd trade Irving for Lenard. Love Irving, but he is the leak link on D. Adding a defensive player of the year plus Haywood next year would be crazy good.

Mine biggest concern is I'm not 100% sold on Rozier yet. He played pretty well in game 3, but has to show me he can play consistently well on the road. So far his numbers have been quite different home vs away. You know you can count on Irving to step up on the road, which is something that separates good from great players, IMO.
The idea that Rozier only plays well at home doesn't hold up to long term scrutiny. His career and 2017-18 splits show only a very slight better performance at home than away. In the 2017 playoffs 3 of his best 5 games were on the road. In these playoffs, just about everyone played worse on the road than at home. That isn't a Rozier thing this year its a Celtic thing. Also, of the 4 games the Celtics have played on the road in these playoffs, Rozier has played fairly well in two and been bad in two.

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2018, 12:12:18 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Right now 8 to 12 pick in this draft. But if he has a few more of the same 18 pt 5reb 4ast 0to type games he is going to be worth 3 to 8.

How many more games should it take? He's been averaging close to that the last 30-40 games (including playoffs).
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2018, 12:22:26 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Some team might be willing to pay for what they believe is Rozier's potential even if it's SSS.

The idea that Rozier only plays well at home doesn't hold up to long term scrutiny. His career and 2017-18 splits show only a very slight better performance at home than away. In the 2017 playoffs 3 of his best 5 games were on the road. In these playoffs, just about everyone played worse on the road than at home. That isn't a Rozier thing this year its a Celtic thing. Also, of the 4 games the Celtics have played on the road in these playoffs, Rozier has played fairly well in two and been bad in two.

I didn't realize this until it was pointed out in the Terry Rozier fans (left) thread. Good point!

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2018, 01:10:21 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
If it was guarantee that next season Rozier would continue to put up the same stats he has these playoffs, you could probably get a top 3 pick for him.

Unfortunately we don’t really know how good Rozier will be on a different team with full time starting duties.

Yea, I also think teams are starting to get wary of assuming continued recent performance in a new setting with guys who flourish under Stevens. I think the market for Rozier is going to a be a bit cooler than some seem to expect - if Phoenix gets involved there they'd probably be dangling the #16 pick in the draft and another asset, be it a young forward like Bender or a future first (the variation on that unprotected pick they have from Miami in the early 2020's is intriguing). Can't see them offering their own pick for Rozier and another asset (unless the Lakers pick jumps up to like 3 and Ainge is in love with the guy at the top of the board).

With Rozier I'm very scared that there's going to be a Dennis Schroder-like element on his next contract, where he looks great in a defined role on his rookie deal, but you hand him $80 million to be the lead guard elsewhere and all the sudden you're looking at him and going "and the contract doesn't expire until when?"

Don't get me wrong, I like him and think he's been great for Boston - saved the season, really - but I don't think lottery teams are going to be tripping over themselves offering up their picks for the right to extend Terry.