Author Topic: With the emergence of Scary Terry, would you do this trade idea?  (Read 1941 times)

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9kpudnv

Celtics trade:

Kyrie Irving
Marcus Morris
Sacramento 2019 pick

Celtics receive:

Anthony Davis

Do you think the Pelicans would consider this trade?  Gives them a star guard, a serviceable big, AND a major building piece for the future.  It may be smart for them to invest in the future and wait for the decline of GSW while still selling tickets with Kyrie here and now.  Can you imagine?

Rozier/Smart
Brown/Smart/Tatum
Hayward/Tatum
Horford/Ojeleye/Yabusele
Davis/Horford/Theis

If that squad doesn't destroy LeBron and make it to the finals, I would be shocked.

Re: With the emergence of Scary Terry, would you do this trade idea?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:31:17 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I would love that trade. I can’t imagine the Pellies taking it.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 11:32:23 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
You don't think they'd at least consider Kyrie AND a 2019 lottery pick?  I think any team would have to stop and at least mull it over.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 11:35:23 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
You know a few weeks ago I would have laughed, but now I think I just might.
Rozier looks like he could be for real. Still not sure you can afford to keep Smart and him, but that would be a hell of a team.
Davis is a top 5 player, no doubt.
Not so sure NOLA would make a trade that didn't involve Tatum or Brown instead of Morris.
Now I'm not so sure.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 11:36:46 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
idk after this season, i really want to see a full healthy squad

the fact we made it this far, makes me super optimistic next year

we're basically hobbling in the playoffs and 2 wins away from the conference finals with

No Irving
No Hayward
No Theis
a 80-90% Smart (i don't think he's 100% because of his thumb)
an injured Brown

Next year when everyone is healthy and with Brad Stevens, i'm so freakin' excited for the 18-19' season

not to mention, no matter what happens in the series between NOLA vs Warriors, but if they can retain Cousins and Rondo, i think it'd be a fun team to watch next year if they can add a few pieces

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
idk after this season, i really want to see a full healthy squad

the fact we made it this far, makes me super optimistic next year

we're basically hobbling in the playoffs and 2 wins away from the conference finals with

No Irving
No Hayward
No Theis
a 80-90% Smart (i don't think he's 100% because of his thumb)
an injured Brown

Next year when everyone is healthy and with Brad Stevens, i'm so freakin' excited for the 18-19' season

not to mention, no matter what happens in the series between NOLA vs Warriors, but if they can retain Cousins and Rondo, i think it'd be a fun team to watch next year if they can add a few pieces

True...I'm torn.  Love this squad from top to bottom, but just not sure how you divide the minutes with so many good players at the same position next year.  It's a good problem to have!  ;D

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would love this trade but I can't see NOP doing it. With Holiday, Rondo, Moore etc. they are already so guard heavy. I think it would have to be a three team. Maybe get SAS involved.

Boston sends Irving, Sac 2019, Morris

Receive Davis

NOP sends Davis

Receive Kahwi Sac 2019

SAS Sends Leonard

Receives Irving Morris

I think many other pieces would need to be added to even make NOP or SAS think on it. But SAS pried hard for Irving, and the Pellies could run Holiday, Rondo, Leonard, Mirotic, Cousins with the Sac 2019 pick.

Boston goes with:

Rozier/Smart
Brown/Semi?
Hayward/Tatum
Horford/Theis
Davis/Baynes

What a gnarley starting five. Pipe dreams galore.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:57:00 AM by pearljammer10 »

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
I would love this trade but I can't see NOP doing it. With Holiday, Rondo, Moore etc. they are already so guard heavy. I think it would have to be a three team. Maybe get SAS involved.

Boston sends Irving, Sac 2019, Morris

Receive Davis

NOP sends Davis

Receive Kahwi Sac 2019

SAS Sends Leonard

Receives Irving Morris

I think many other pieces would need to be added to even make NOP or SAS think on it. But SAS pried hard for Irving, and the Pellies could run Holiday, Rondo, Leonard, Mirotic, Cousins.

Boston goes with:

Rozier/Smart
Brown/Semi?
Hayward/Tatum
Horford/Theis
Davis/Baynes

What a gnarley starting five. Pipe dreams galore.

That makes a ton of sense on all fronts, unless the Pelicans do feel safe with Davis for the foreseeable future. 

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 11:56:05 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
What changed that suddenly made Davis available again?

Doubt NOP moves him this summer or all next season. They swept the Blazers and are making profits during this playoff run, all without Cousins who could very likely return next season.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 11:57:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The Pelicans aren't sending out Davis for a "star" who has less years on his current deal. Whether that's Kyrie or Kawhi no matter what other goodies you try to throw in.

Davis is not available until 2019 when his FA is due, not unless he demands a trade earlier.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 12:03:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The Pelicans aren't sending out Davis for a "star" who has less years on his current deal. Whether that's Kyrie or Kawhi no matter what other goodies you try to throw in.

Davis is not available until 2019 when his FA is due, not unless he demands a trade earlier.
They might though, if you give them Kyrie, Tatum, and future lottery pick(s). One of our wings will get squeezed out of the starting lineup if we have Davis either way.

I'm not loving the trade, but I can't imagine anything would happen unless we make it worthwhile for NOP... and Morris and a pick just isn't cutting it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 12:24:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don't see cousins coming back to the pelicans. He's a free agent. They played worse when he was in the lineup. Now he has the worst injury possible especially to a  center

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’d love this deal just to see the Pelicans’ 4-PG lineup.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 12:27:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

They might though, if you give them Kyrie, Tatum, and future lottery pick(s). One of our wings will get squeezed out of the starting lineup if we have Davis either way.

I'm not loving the trade, but I can't imagine anything would happen unless we make it worthwhile for NOP... and Morris and a pick just isn't cutting it.
I don't think they do even for all of that, just too committed to AD and building around him. The NOP front office is not the type of organization to trade a player early ala the Jazz.

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I don't think they do even for all of that, just too committed to AD and building around him. The NOP front office is not the type of organization to trade a player early ala the Jazz.
I don't think so either, but it's less of a pipe dream than the OP idea.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."