Author Topic: Back up Center on 2 year deal  (Read 1902 times)

Back up Center on 2 year deal
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:53:21 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Anyone think Danny will look to bring in a center on a team friendly deal? Maybe similar to the Amir Johnson contract. Guaranteed one year with team option for year 2? Might have to pay a higher per year amount in order for that control.

Dwayne Dedmon, Kyle OQuinn, Aron Baynes?

Re: Back up Center on 2 year deal
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I don't think we have the cap space to do that. We'd have to use MLE or an exception of sorts. I think they try to bring back Baynes using the MLE. If not, use it on another backup big (which I think will be a need if Baynes and/or Monroe leave in the off season).

Or they could make a trade for a back up center who is locked up at a reasonable rate for another year or two.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 03:01:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Anyone think Danny will look to bring in a center on a team friendly deal? Maybe similar to the Amir Johnson contract. Guaranteed one year with team option for year 2? Might have to pay a higher per year amount in order for that control.

We can keep Baynes at $5.4 million per or go to the non taxpayers MLE max at around $8.7 million per

We can keep Monroe at $6 million per or go to the non taxpayers MLE max at around $8.7 million per

Every other FA big out there we can sign with the MLE up to that $8.7 million per max.

That's all based on not going over the taxpayer limit before signing them, which I think Danny would be wise enough to work around.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 03:01:28 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I don't think we have the cap space to do that. We'd have to use MLE or an exception of sorts. I think they try to bring back Baynes using the MLE. If not, use it on another backup big (which I think will be a need if Baynes and/or Monroe leave in the off season).

Or they could make a trade for a back up center who is locked up at a reasonable rate for another year or two.

I was under the impression that we could bring back Baynes without using the MLE, with the non-Bird exception (120% of his salary this year).

The same would go for Monroe, I think.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 03:02:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I was under the impression that we could bring back Baynes without using the MLE, with the non-Bird exception (120% of his salary this year).

The same would go for Monroe, I think.

Yeah, we can. It just depends if they get higher offers from elsewhere (which is possible). As @nick mentioned, it's like 6M for Monroe, and about 5.5M for Baynes. MLE is approx. 9M (depending on what the official cap figure is for this summer).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

We can keep Baynes at $5.4 million per or go to the non taxpayers MLE max at around $8.7 million per

We can keep Monroe at $6 million per or go to the non taxpayers MLE max at around $8.7 million per

Every other FA big out there we can sign with the MLE up to that $8.7 million per max.

That's all based on not going over the taxpayer limit before signing them, which I think Danny would be wise enough to work around.

If we signed someone to the full non-taxpayer MLE, we would get hard capped at the tax line.  Ordering transactions doesn't help in this case
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 11:55:59 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Why are people down or not talking about keeping Monroe (unless I'm missing it)? 

In 19 minutes per game, he did 10/6.  Aaron Baynes, in 18 minutes per game did 6/5. 

I'd think with a full year in Brad's system, Monroe might flourish. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Why are people down or not talking about keeping Monroe (unless I'm missing it)? 

In 19 minutes per game, he did 10/6.  Aaron Baynes, in 18 minutes per game did 6/5. 

m

Monroe was essentially unplayable in the post-season.  It’s pretty simple.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 12:13:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

We need a center that can play defense