Author Topic: If your CLE, do you trade the BKN pick for Whiteside?  (Read 2229 times)

If your CLE, do you trade the BKN pick for Whiteside?
« on: April 29, 2018, 06:32:51 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Let's say the trade is Thompson, Korver, and the BKN pick (8th or 9th) for Whiteside and a future pick

Is that enough to make LeBron stay and is it worth the gamble?

Whiteside is a young defensive game change who would complement Kevin Love in the front court nicely.

Really not sure what Cleveland does here, especially since they probably won't know LeBrons decision before the draft. Do they trade away the pick to bring some more talent in or just draft best player available in anticipation of LeBron leaving? Who else could they trade the pick for? Gasol.

Do not envy Clevelands Gm..

Re: If your CLE, do you trade the BKN pick for Whiteside?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 06:46:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Miami says yes immediately. LeBron then leaves Cleveland for Miami. Whiteside can't even get minutes in Miami.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 06:47:23 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Did you not watch the Sixers/Heat series at all?  Whiteside was terrible and has a lousy attitude. 

The Cavs should keep the pick unless there is some way to swing it for an actual star (not likely). 

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 06:50:12 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
Did you not watch the Sixers/Heat series at all?  Whiteside was terrible and has a lousy attitude. 

The Cavs should keep the pick unless there is some way to swing it for an actual star (not likely).

I still see whiteside as a high quality player. He's a top 5 rim protector in the league as well as a very good rebounder..Just a bad fit in Miami who need floor spacing to make their offense work.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 06:50:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Honestly don’t feel Whiteside much of an upgrade over Thompson. Was a reason Miami sat him a lot of minutes. Just not very productive.

Could Cleveland put together package of Love, Brooklyn pick (if it lands top ) for Kawhi Leonard? That would keep Lebron around maybe. Don’t know if that would interest Spurs though.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 07:06:27 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Depends on who is available at their pick. Doncic is probably a great fit right away with LeBron n company. I'd also guess Porter, Bagley and Jackson are also guys you take and don't chance dealing.

Iif pick stays at 8 I could see LeBron asking Cavs to deal for Aldridge if Spurs end up in a rebuild situation.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 07:12:54 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
Depends on who is available at their pick. Doncic is probably a great fit right away with LeBron n company. I'd also guess Porter, Bagley and Jackson are also guys you take and don't chance dealing.

Iif pick stays at 8 I could see LeBron asking Cavs to deal for Aldridge if Spurs end up in a rebuild situation.

Aldridge, I think, could really help out Cleveland. It's tough to see San Antonio rebuilding though. It seems Pop always finds a way to keep them in the race.

Although I'm sure if they trade Leonard then Aldridge is gone too. CLE would seem like a likely destination.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 07:15:27 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Seems like Whiteside is becoming obsolete right before our eyes.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 07:20:01 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Outrageous overpay for Whiteside and his contract

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 08:08:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Who cares if he stays, this is Celticsblog not WILLLEBRONSTAYBLOG.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 08:38:42 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

Who cares if he stays, this is Celticsblog not WILLLEBRONSTAYBLOG.

It may come as a shock to you but fans of basketball come here to discuss aspects of the league other than the celtics.

Also, LeBron staying or leaving cleveland will directly effect the Celtics since we are contenders and whatever team he ends up on next year will also be contenders..

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 08:58:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Whiteside is a young defensive game changer who would complement Kevin Love in the front court nicely.

Umm... yeah, did we watch the same PHI-MIA series this past week?  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 09:20:27 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

I still see whiteside as a high quality player. He's a top 5 rim protector in the league as well as a very good rebounder..Just a bad fit in Miami who need floor spacing to make their offense work.

Unfortunately for players like Whiteside, Thompson, and Deandre Jordan, it turns out that very team wants spacing for their offense. These players aren't anywhere near as valued around the league as such players were just  4-5 years ago.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 09:26:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
meh .....low IQ, poor attitude and usually hurt , no thanks , Heat are stuck with his lot.

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 09:30:30 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

Unfortunately for players like Whiteside, Thompson, and Deandre Jordan, it turns out that very team wants spacing for their offense. These players aren't anywhere near as valued around the league as such players were just  4-5 years ago.

I see what you're saying but I don't know if it's entirely true..just look at the impact Clint Capela is
having in Houston.