Poll

Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 IND 2nd Rounder?

Yes
16 (28.6%)
No
40 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?  (Read 19763 times)

Re: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2018, 04:28:49 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
twist on the OP

How high in this draft can the Cs get with these packages

1. Rozier + #27 + Clipper pick

2. Rozier + Kings pick

Its tough to use precedent with NBA draft trades given the differnt tiers of talent in each class but last draft.

Lyles and #24 pick moved the Jazz to #13

Lyles is an interesting prospect but at that point he was 21 coming off of a solid 16mpg 6pt 3 rb season where he showed promise to some day be a modern starting PF.

Terry obviously has alot more value right now then Lyles did.

This logic would indicate that Terry + 27 should net the Cs at least a late lottery pick.

For every deal there must be a buyer. The Clippers have the 12th and 13th picks and could use a young PG. The Knicks at #9 might be to high to trade into

With that does Terry and the Kings pick spark any interest from the Knicks #9 or Magic at #5?

I doubt either makes a move that high in the draft but an argument could be made for it. Both teams will still be rebuilding and back in the lottery next year. If they do not feel the players they have available are franchise corner stones maybe picking up a starting PG and punting to next year makes sense.

Ya its tough because that Kings pick isnt a sure thing. If it lands #1 we get the Phili pick instead which is likely in the twenties. Big difference in value 2 vs 26. For that reason it may be a tough sell to get a top 10 team to bite on it and Rozier. A more realistic option would be Rozier + 27 which would appeal to a team  wanting a PG in the back half of the lottery. After Trae young and Collin sexton are the only guys in that 7-14 range and Trae could go as high as 7 or 8. We could look to trade up to get a guy like Wendell Carter (7-10) or Robert Williams (11-14) or whoever slips. maybe we could even get higher if we were willing to include the Memphis pick, but tht pick has alot of varibility as well.

Now some may argue that we should keep Rozier. I would trade him. We arent trading Irving over him, we can't keep noth him and Smart and he's gonna get paid alot in a better cap enviornment in 2019. So we have him for 1 year basically. Assuming better health his role will be more limited next year and he just wont get teh same oppurtunity behind Brown/Tatum?Hayward/Irving. Trade him while value is at peak.

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2018, 04:55:36 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Within the division trading is a no-no, but How about #27 and Rozier to Philly for #10

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2018, 04:58:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Within the division trading is a no-no, but How about #27 and Rozier to Philly for #10

No. And frankly I don't know why PHI does it, unless Fultz is sent packing somewhere else.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2018, 05:06:37 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Going to be a tough summer for Danny.

First, there is Smart and what he will command. Does he stay or go? If he stays on a reasonable contract, do you hold Rozier and see how things play out next season or do you trade him? I think if we can keep Smart for under $10M per, we do it. He’s our defensive leader and can play multiple positions on both sides of the ball.

Then there’s also the Kings pick and whether teams will be after some combo of that, Rozier, Tatum and/or Brown. That Kings pick is going to be interesting because isn’t the lottery reform coming next year?

I’m now on board with running this back.

Kyrie/Rozier
Brown/Smart
Hayward/Morris
Tatum/Theis
Horford/Baynes(?)

I can’t see Monroe returning after being benched in the playoffs.

I’d hold our MLE (if not used on Baynes) for the buyout season.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2018, 05:10:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Going to be a tough summer for Danny.

First, there is Smart and what he will command. Does he stay or go? If he stays on a reasonable contract, do you hold Rozier and see how things play out next season or do you trade him? I think if we can keep Smart for under $10M per, we do it. He’s our defensive leader and can play multiple positions on both sides of the ball.

Then there’s also the Kings pick and whether teams will be after some combo of that, Rozier, Tatum and/or Brown. That Kings pick is going to be interesting because isn’t the lottery reform coming next year?

I’m now on board with running this back.

Kyrie/Rozier
Brown/Smart
Hayward/Morris
Tatum/Theis
Horford/Baynes(?)

I can’t see Monroe returning after being benched in the playoffs.

I’d hold our MLE (if not used on Baynes) for the buyout season.

I see us using the MLE on bringing back Baynes OR on another center. Need that depth behind Horford and Theis.

Also, aren't we technically allowed to offer Monroe 6M this next season? I mean, he could get higher offers from other teams, but if not I think we could keep Monroe for 6M next season AND Baynes (w/MLE), right? Or am I missing something?

Either way, I'm assuming at least one of Baynes/Monroe returns next year.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2018, 09:33:05 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Another idea

Rozier to the Suns for Bender or Chriss

Makes some sense for the Suns they have struggled to really develop both players and unless they draft Doncic they are likely bringing in another young big.

For the Cs they would be able to add a raw but dynamic big man project who is still on his rookie deal. The Cs where rumored to have interest in Chriss around draft time.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2018, 09:56:13 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Another idea

Makes some sense for the Suns they have struggled to really develop both players and unless they draft Doncic they are likely bringing in another young big.

For the Cs they would be able to add a raw but dynamic big man project who is still on his rookie deal. The Cs where rumored to have interest in Chriss around draft time.

It's like giving him for free!

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2018, 09:59:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Another idea

I want no part of Chriss, he's largely been a lazy foul machine. Bender has looked a bit better, but still the Suns stink is real....

If we're trading Rozier I'd rather it be for a pick than a player entering his third rookie scale year. The appeal in my mind is to move back the clock before you have to pay a premium for production, and translate a good PG into another position of need.

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Another idea

I want no part of Chriss, he's largely been a lazy foul machine. Bender has looked a bit better, but still the Suns stink is real....

If we're trading Rozier I'd rather it be for a pick than a player entering his third rookie scale year. The appeal in my mind is to move back the clock before you have to pay a premium for production, and translate a good PG into another position of need.

How about this twist on the deal

Rozier + #27

for

Chriss + #16 + #59

I agree Chriss is a risk but if BS can work his magic the reward might be worth it. Joining a more mature established team is his only real hope of reaching his potential. Turning the #27 into #16 and #59 will give the Cs a chance to draft a player much more likely to have a long term impact at 16 and 59 is a great pick to procure a preferred 2 way contract player.

At this point mock drafts are all over the place but players like Zhaire Smith, Jontay Porter, Mitch Robinson, or Robert Williams could be available

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2018, 11:00:36 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Rozier (and our pick #27, if necessary) for a first round pick in the 10-14 range that results in the drafting of Texas A&M center Robert Williams.

Go after Mikal Bridges.
Why would we go after a 6'7" wing?

Because he wouldn't be a wing. Although, I don't want to give up Rozier, but I'm okay with Brown, and Kyrie Irving each eating up 1 and 2 minutes.

Bridges could become the best pure 3-and-D player in the NBA. Even the best players in that mold tend to favor one side of the ball. Bridges has a chance to be one of the best shooters and one of the best defenders in the league. How valuable would Andre Roberson be with ball skills and an elite 3-point shot? How about Wayne Ellington if he was a perennial All-Defensive team selection? As one NBA executive who likes Bridges told me, he’s the only player in this year’s lottery whose floor is a guy who could play big minutes in the Finals.

If he adds 5-10 pounds in 1-2 years, he could inevitably become one of the best 3 and D players suited to be able to switch on everything with his 7'3 wingspan. Also I don't see why Hayward can't play the 2, or even the 1. Our entire offense is built on sharing the ball, taking good shots, and cutting.

Another idea

Rozier + #27

for

Chriss + #16 + #59

I agree Chriss is a risk but if BS can work his magic the reward might be worth it. Joining a more mature established team is his only real hope of reaching his potential. Turning the #27 into #16 and #59 will give the Cs a chance to draft a player much more likely to have a long term impact at 16 and 59 is a great pick to procure a preferred 2 way contract player.

At this point mock drafts are all over the place but players like Zhaire Smith, Jontay Porter, Mitch Robinson, or Robert Williams could be available

I'm not giving up Rozier for someone who's been such a talented but absolute head case. When you cannot control your own emotions and you argue with an assistant coach, I think it's time to go.

That being said, I still don't want to trade Rozier anyways. Rozay should stay, but he deserves to start somewhere else..

Man these emotions.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2018, 11:22:15 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Rozier (and our pick #27, if necessary) for a first round pick in the 10-14 range that results in the drafting of Texas A&M center Robert Williams.

Go after Mikal Bridges.

Because he wouldn't be a wing. Although, I don't want to give up Rozier, but I'm okay with Brown, and Kyrie Irving each eating up 1 and 2 minutes.

Bridges could become the best pure 3-and-D player in the NBA. Even the best players in that mold tend to favor one side of the ball. Bridges has a chance to be one of the best shooters and one of the best defenders in the league. How valuable would Andre Roberson be with ball skills and an elite 3-point shot? How about Wayne Ellington if he was a perennial All-Defensive team selection? As one NBA executive who likes Bridges told me, he’s the only player in this year’s lottery whose floor is a guy who could play big minutes in the Finals.

If he adds 5-10 pounds in 1-2 years, he could inevitably become one of the best 3 and D players suited to be able to switch on everything with his 7'3 wingspan. Also I don't see why Hayward can't play the 2, or even the 1. Our entire offense is built on sharing the ball, taking good shots, and cutting.

Another idea

Rozier + #27

for

Chriss + #16 + #59

I'm not giving up Rozier for someone who's been such a talented but absolute head case. When you cannot control your own emotions and you argue with an assistant coach, I think it's time to go.

That being said, I still don't want to trade Rozier anyways. Rozay should stay, but he deserves to start somewhere else..

Man these emotions.

I agree having to trade Rozier stinks and I would love to see him stay a Celtic but it just isn't going to work long term.

I also agree Chriss isn't an ideal return but its really hard to find a trade that makes sense that doesn't involve a major overhaul like a Rozier and Brown for Kawhi type deal ( i hope the Cs run fare away from that).
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2018, 11:46:21 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Go after Mikal Bridges.

Another idea

Rozier + #27

for

Chriss + #16 + #59

Man these emotions.

I agree having to trade Rozier stinks and I would love to see him stay a Celtic but it just isn't going to work long term.

I also agree Chriss isn't an ideal return but its really hard to find a trade that makes sense that doesn't involve a major overhaul like a Rozier and Brown for Kawhi type deal ( i hope the Cs run fare away from that).

No one wants to see Rozier go, but keeping him means stranding somebody on the bench next year. There aren't enough minutes for Smart, Rozier and Morris to all stay active. A trade with Rozier and picks that gets us Jackson, Bamba or Carter this year would be perfect. A Myles Turner trade might also be an outside possibility. Indiana doesn't seem to know how to develop him.

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2018, 11:48:46 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Go after Mikal Bridges.

Another idea

Rozier + #27

for

Chriss + #16 + #59

Man these emotions.

No one wants to see Rozier go, but keeping him means stranding somebody on the bench next year. There aren't enough minutes for Smart, Rozier and Morris to all stay active. A trade with Rozier and picks that gets us Jackson, Bamba or Carter this year would be perfect. A Myles Turner trade might also be an outside possibility. Indiana doesn't seem to know how to develop him.

Pacers are definitely not going to trade Turner any time soon... He's definitely talented, and the Pacers are now just adjusting to realize that Turner can be best suited as the secondary option, and not the primary option. Oladipo has proven that.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2018, 11:50:00 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Another idea

Rozier + #27

for

Chriss + #16 + #59

No, zero interest in Chriss, and moving up 11 slots isn't that much value in my mind.

I'd probably be okay with Rozier for a pick in the 10-16 range if the C's have a target they like in that range. (Think George Hill/Kahwi trade as the template though the result was obviously an outlier)

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2018, 12:06:03 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I'm not sure we know his trade value yet. Let's say his stats remain where they are through the end of the playoffs. And let's also dream big - we make it deep into the ECF and Terry plays a major role in a few wins with big fourth quarter performances. What is it worth to get a point guard like that - who can get an efficient 19 ppg (over 60% TS), get 6.6 assists/game (vs. only 1.6 TOs), and also grab 4.8 boards/game? Did I mention he also plays solid defense and he's just 23?  Obviously, small sample size. But the sample size for a draft pick is zero.

Honestly, I still lean toward keeping him. Yes, we might lose him at the end of the year, but he really improves our odds of winning the title, and that title is (a) the goal, and (b) forever. Might be worth it, especially until we know how Kyrie's knee is going to be.

But I don't think we would be asking to much if we wanted a pick in the 7-10 range in exchange for something like Rozier plus Boston's 2018 or another pick other than the 18LAL/19SAC pick. How many players chosen in that range make it to the level Terry has already reached - and shows plenty of signs he'll go higher?  Not just a leader, but a leader in the playoffs. Wouldn't Orlando or Sacramento be tempted by a guy like that? If we could pay Terry, and we were just considering basketball value, I would really think hard about making the trade. This is a timing/contract play at reasonable value.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:11:41 PM by Sophomore »