Poll

Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 IND 2nd Rounder?

Yes
16 (28.6%)
No
40 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?  (Read 19795 times)

Re: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2018, 11:29:24 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Also, by the time you need to pay Brown and Tatum, Horford and Hayward will be getting off the books. Frankly, I'll have no problem letting a 34-year-old Horford and 32-year-old Hayward go if we can't find workable contracts for them at that point...

::) ::) ::)

Call me crazy, but I feel like Hayward and Horford have the type of personalities that would be willing to take extremely team friendly deals. We have already made both of them hundred millionaires, so let them stay in our rotations as they age. They could get to compete for titles every year while being a stabilizing presence for our youth.

I just don't believe that Horford or Hayward at that stage would go to a lesser franchise for huge money.

I hear that. But if Jayson, Jaylen, and Kyrie develop the way we hope, that's three max contracts. Even if Horford and Hayward are willing to offer a steep discount - $15M/year? - those five contracts put the Cs way over the cap and they still need to sign 10(!) more players to the roster. I don't think that's tenable.

(Check my cap math here - this is rough - but I'm pretty sure it's right.)

After their contracts are up, do we own the Bird Rights of Hayward and Horford?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2018, 11:39:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Also, by the time you need to pay Brown and Tatum, Horford and Hayward will be getting off the books. Frankly, I'll have no problem letting a 34-year-old Horford and 32-year-old Hayward go if we can't find workable contracts for them at that point...

Call me crazy, but I feel like Hayward and Horford have the type of personalities that would be willing to take extremely team friendly deals. We have already made both of them hundred millionaires, so let them stay in our rotations as they age. They could get to compete for titles every year while being a stabilizing presence for our youth.

I just don't believe that Horford or Hayward at that stage would go to a lesser franchise for huge money.

I hear that. But if Jayson, Jaylen, and Kyrie develop the way we hope, that's three max contracts. Even if Horford and Hayward are willing to offer a steep discount - $15M/year? - those five contracts put the Cs way over the cap and they still need to sign 10(!) more players to the roster. I don't think that's tenable.

yep (I believe it is 3 years unless traded)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2018, 11:50:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Bird rights are earned after a player has been on his current contract for 3 years, that is when a team may exceed the cap to sign him. Both signed 4 year deals with the fourth year being a player option so the C's can keep this entire team together.

(But its going to get incredibly expensive fast)

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2018, 12:17:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Bird rights are earned after a player has been on his current contract for 3 years, that is when a team may exceed the cap to sign him. Both signed 4 year deals with the fourth year being a player option so the C's can keep this entire team together.

TP to you both.

And yeah it depends on Wyc, since it's his money.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2018, 12:42:06 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Another idea

Rozier to the Suns for Bender or Chriss

Makes some sense for the Suns they have struggled to really develop both players and unless they draft Doncic they are likely bringing in another young big.

For the Cs they would be able to add a raw but dynamic big man project who is still on his rookie deal. The Cs where rumored to have interest in Chriss around draft time.

are you Eddie20?

Bender and Chriss are terrible

I wouldn't trade Rozier even for both

I’m not sure what I think of Chriss, but he definitely has potential and I’ve seen him make some big plays to win a game on both ends of the floor already in his young career. Interesting thought.
I can't imagine anyone in the league being less Celtic then Chriss. Low IQ, little skill, big vertical, so-so laterally.

I know what you mean, but I’m not sure. He’s playing on the worst team in the league and first had an awful coach in one year of college (like Jaylen), then a year of an awful nba coach, and now an interim coach. I’m not surprised about the IQ but we said the same thing about Jaylen & Terry in years 1 and at least part of year 2. So I’m not sure if Chriss is limited by himself or his environment.

And the guy has skills. He has range, great rebounder, I’ve seen him make great defensive plays only a handful of guys can make, etc. I’m not sure why he’s automatically less of a Celtic than Bender, who can’t play defense and might have 3 point range but doesn’t make them enough. Chriss easily has as much upside as Bender.

That said, don’t call me bullish on Chriss (or even bearish on Bender). I could see Chriss out of the league in 5 years, or I could see him as a 15-10 guy with 2 blocks a game.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2018, 12:46:50 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Another idea

Rozier to the Suns for Bender or Chriss

Makes some sense for the Suns they have struggled to really develop both players and unless they draft Doncic they are likely bringing in another young big.

For the Cs they would be able to add a raw but dynamic big man project who is still on his rookie deal. The Cs where rumored to have interest in Chriss around draft time.

are you Eddie20?

Bender and Chriss are terrible

I wouldn't trade Rozier even for both

I’m not sure what I think of Chriss, but he definitely has potential and I’ve seen him make some big plays to win a game on both ends of the floor already in his young career. Interesting thought.
I can't imagine anyone in the league being less Celtic then Chriss. Low IQ, little skill, big vertical, so-so laterally.

I know what you mean, but I’m not sure. He’s playing on the worst team in the league and first had an awful coach in one year of college (like Jaylen), then a year of an awful nba coach, and now an interim coach. I’m not surprised about the IQ but we said the same thing about Jaylen & Terry in years 1 and at least part of year 2. So I’m not sure if Chriss is limited by himself or his environment.

And the guy has skills. He has range, great rebounder, I’ve seen him make great defensive plays only a handful of guys can make, etc. I’m not sure why he’s automatically less of a Celtic than Bender, who can’t play defense and might have 3 point range but doesn’t make them enough. Chriss easily has as much upside as Bender.

That said, don’t call me bullish on Chriss (or even bearish on Bender). I could see Chriss out of the league in 5 years, or I could see him as a 15-10 guy with 2 blocks a game.

Is Chris gonna be any better than a Thaddeus Young?

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
When I have watched the Suns, Chriss looks like he's asleep most of the time and then he tries to make a crazy play to make up for not paying attention and fouls.

That's pretty much it. If I were the Suns I'd be delighted if he ended up as good as Young at this point.

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2018, 12:51:40 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

TP to you both.

And yeah it depends on Wyc, since it's his money.

Yeah. But if they’re in the luxury a few years it’s a heck of a lot of money. And there are limits on getting a bench together - like being limited to half the exception if we go over the apron.

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2018, 01:14:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
When I have watched the Suns, Chriss looks like he's asleep most of the time and then he tries to make a crazy play to make up for not paying attention and fouls.

That's pretty much it. If I were the Suns I'd be delighted if he ended up as good as Young at this point.
Yep and the work ethic was a major concern entering the draft for Chriss.  Bender has way more top end potential.  That doesn't mean Chriss won't end up better, but if you were offered either Bender or Chriss, I think everyone would take Bender.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2018, 03:39:34 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Yep and the work ethic was a major concern entering the draft for Chriss.  Bender has way more top end potential.  That doesn't mean Chriss won't end up better, but if you were offered either Bender or Chriss, I think everyone would take Bender.

Yeah, I’m sure literally everyone would take the 2nd year player who isn’t athletic, can’t play defense, had fewer points and rebounds and posted .1 WS and a PER of 7 in his second year. Chriss’s work ethic element is certainly concerning, though.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2018, 04:03:18 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Yeah, I’m sure literally everyone would take the 2nd year player who isn’t athletic, can’t play defense, had fewer points and rebounds and posted .1 WS and a PER of 7 in his second year. Chriss’s work ethic element is certainly concerning, though.

If you watch Bender, what makes his potential special is the same thing that makes Al Horford special.

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2018, 04:16:11 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Why trade a guy who gives 20 6 6 every game and plays good defence... if someone is fool enough to give a young stud and a high pick...

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2018, 05:58:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Those numbers aren't that bad for a guy that won't even turn 21 till November and was considered incredibly raw as a foreign draft pick.

They are not good either, he was a very poor performer for a number 4 pick.   Now he has room to grow, and is a work in progress.   He may or may not pan out.

Not many men make it to the NBA Androslav and Bender is one of the rare ones that has and that makes him better than almost 99.9% of the basketball world...   

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2018, 06:20:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Think DA

will do

Brown and Rozier

Fir

Leonard ?

Leonard m Tatum, Irving , and Horford   , Hayward.  ....long strong lineup.

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2018, 07:18:39 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

If you watch Bender, what makes his potential special is the same thing that makes Al Horford special.

You have got to be kidding .... the only advantage Bender has is his age which allows people to hope he will get better.