Poll

Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 IND 2nd Rounder?

Yes
14 (25.9%)
No
40 (74.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?  (Read 5161 times)

Re: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2018, 05:22:49 PM »

Online liam

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 678
I think maybe The Celtics have to sign both Rozier and Smart so we have those contracts for the big trade down the line.

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1262
I think maybe The Celtics have to sign both Rozier and Smart so we have those contracts for the big trade down the line.
The one that isn't coming? ;)
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2018, 05:37:42 PM »

Offline flybono

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 44
TRADE IDEA: Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 Indiana 2nd Rounder

1. This is assuming Ainge reaches an extension with Smart at a very reasonable rate, and decides to "sell high" on Rozier since he doesn't expect the C's will be able to keep him after NEXT season since he could command a ton elsewhere.

2. We could add Sabonis to the front court with Horford and Theis, and I'm assuming we keep ONE of Monroe/Baynes, so whoever leaves ultimately gets replaced by Sabonis in a sense (who is just 21 years old and still on his rookie contract for 2 more seasons).

Now I wouldn't mind at all if we just keep Scary Terry for next season as great depth while making our title run with a (hopefully) healthy team, and I would actually love if we could keep BOTH Smart + Rozier long term (even if it meant going well into the luxury tax), but realistically I think between Rozier and Smart, Ainge probably keeps Smart primarily because his market won't be as high, and he honestly has that KG-Mentality and makes those "winning plays" that teams need to make to go far in playoffs.

Idk... it's going to be a real tough decision to make and I hate to even suggest an idea that involves trading Scary Terry (during this current playoff run), but... what do you guys think?

I say NO still, but if not this particular idea and you think we should still sell high on Rozier, anyone have any other trade ideas?

Not a Chance!