Author Topic: 37-0 in deep jeopardy. And Supernova Lebron is after to break that record!!!  (Read 11483 times)

Re: 36-0 in deep jeopardy. And Lebron is after the record!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2018, 11:57:57 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Some of you are so beta it's pitiful.

llol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Game 5 is the season for the Cs in my opinion. Can't go to Cleveland down 3-2 for game 6.

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2018, 12:12:32 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Game 5 is the season for the Cs in my opinion. Can't go to Cleveland down 3-2 for game 6.

we are not the 2012 miami heat who strolled into boston down 3-2 and put a dagger into our hearts in a close out game then went home and finished us. if we do not win game 5 we are done like dinner. win game 5 and we have one last chance at home in game 7. sadly this series feels like we are down now because we know how lebron can take momentum and roll teams.

just get me to the finals. it would be a great precursor of things to come and great experience for the kids even if we lose 4-0 which i would expect.  to be eastern conference champs with this beat up young team would be huge.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

we are not the 2012 miami heat who strolled into boston down 3-2 and put a dagger into our hearts in a close out game then went home and finished us. if we do not win game 5 we are done like dinner. win game 5 and we have one last chance at home in game 7. sadly this series feels like we are down now because we know how lebron can take momentum and roll teams.

just get me to the finals. it would be a great precursor of things to come and great experience for the kids even if we lose 4-0 which i would expect.  to be eastern conference champs with this beat up young team would be huge.
no. it feels like the celtics are down since so many posters here are addicted to fretting, tying their panties in knots, gnashing their teeth because "what if all the celtics score zero points and lebron score 1,283???!!", expect the sky to fall, and generally wail and whine about a team that is doing better than anyone ever expected.

cheer up. it won't affect the outcome of the series, but it will affect your life in general and make it better.

the reality is that we now have a best of three series with cleveland and two of those games are in boston. thus far in the playoffs this year, the celtics have not lost on home court. we have a basis for hoping this continues.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2018, 01:07:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
it honestly feels like a decent amount of posters will just be flat out relieved if/when the celtics lose so they can release a "i told you so" or something to the effect. It is weird.

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2018, 01:11:39 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
it honestly feels like a decent amount of posters will just be flat out relieved if/when the celtics lose so they can release a "i told you so" or something to the effect. It is weird.

Don't think so really. They have far exceeded expectations. Just think when you get up 2-0 on the team and the guy that has been a thorn in your side so many years...you start to believe a little more it might happen. Then you play poorly in 2 games and more of a reality settles in.

Also the fact James has killed the Cs...even in Boston...makes me a bit concerned. But whatever happens, this team has been super with all they have been through. Can't wait to get everyone back.

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2018, 01:14:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Isn't it 37-0?

But yeah, honestly if there's anyone who could put a dent to this record, it's Lebron.

Game 5 is an absolute must-win. If they lose, then the series ends for sure Friday night.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2018, 01:31:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Isn't it 37-0?

But yeah, honestly if there's anyone who could put a dent to this record, it's Lebron.

Game 5 is an absolute must-win. If they lose, then the series ends for sure Friday night.
I wouldn't say that because I wouldn't put it past this team to do anything. They have overcome all year. They lead the league in coming back from down double digits to win. They became a top 2 seed in the conference and won 55 games even though they were racked with injuries and had to rely on a bench with a ton of rookies. They are as mentally tough as any team I have seen in a long time. They have never quit this year in just about any game. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cs lose in Boston in game 5 then win the last two. Its the type of team they are.

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2018, 05:20:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
The Celtics been losing playoff games when I do not watch them play...for some reason.

Guess I have to watch Game 5.
[dang]!! the Celtics loose when I watch the game even when I read play by play on work.

Guess I should not watch Game 5

The Celtics tend to lose when my gf watches the game with me, i'm locking her in the room for game 5

I've asked my girlfriend to stop talking to me while I'm watching the game.

It makes my wife very uncomfortable.

Mike

I know, right? Women... ;) ::) ;D.

Happy 500th TP, btw :).

Umm, repped, brah? ;D

Re: 35-0 in deep jeopardy!!!
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2018, 06:02:00 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
The Celtics been losing playoff games when I do not watch them play...for some reason.

[dang]!! the Celtics loose when I watch the game even when I read play by play on work.

The Celtics tend to lose when my gf watches the game with me, i'm locking her in the room for game 5

Or just "temporarily" break up with her. Simple!

:laugh:

Mike

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Mike

I know, right? Women... ;) ::) ;D.

Happy 500th TP, btw :).

Umm, repped, brah? ;D

Back at ya!

Mike

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Don't think so really. They have far exceeded expectations. Just think when you get up 2-0 on the team and the guy that has been a thorn in your side so many years...you start to believe a little more it might happen. Then you play poorly in 2 games and more of a reality settles in.

Also the fact James has killed the Cs...even in Boston...makes me a bit concerned. But whatever happens, this team has been super with all they have been through. Can't wait to get everyone back.

LeBron killing Boston doesn't surprise me, or even bother me. What bothers me is that Tristan Thompson always turns into Superman against the Celtics, and the Celtics seem to just let it happen.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2018, 06:58:43 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

This about sums it up for me.

I felt that they should beat Milwaukee regardless of which Cs were injured, because Milwaukee just isn't that good a team; once they beat the Bucks, I thought, "Cool. Whatever happens now against Philly (a better team than Milwaukee, IMO) is just gravy."

But then they took a 2-0 lead on Philly. At that point I decided that the Celtics should beat Philly regardless of which Cs were injured, because this Boston team is better than that Philly team. Once they beat Philly, I thought, "Cool. Whatever happens now against Cleveland (a better team than Philly, IMO) is just gravy."

But then they took a 2-0 lead on Cleveland. At that point, I decided that the Celtics should beat Cleveland regardless of which Cs were injured, because (LeBron notwithstanding) this Boston team is better than this Cleveland team. The non-LeBron Cavs are mostly old and/or one-dimensional players who have no business being able to call themselves "conference champs."

So yes, in one sense the Cs are playing with house money.

But on the other hand, they've shown that they can be the best team in the East if they just play their game and don't get all deer-in-the-headlights with LeBron.

So, I am believing that the Cs can win this series (I voted for it to go 7 games)—and this is coming from someone who has often been quite cynical about this team throughout the regular season (too many bad shots from Smart, too much underwhelming play from Horford, digging too many early (and big) deficits, etc.). I know that they can do it; it's just a matter of "will they?"

If they lose the series, I'll be disappointed. There's just no getting around that for me. But even if that happens, I'm going to do my best to hold on to all of the positives from this season, while looking forward to the Hayward-Irving Celtics squashing everybody next season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Barkley and Kenny Smith say Boston in 7

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2018, 08:34:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Can we take the "and Lebron is coming for the record" off this subject line. Do we really need this kind of garbage here?