Author Topic: Al Horford has been mediocre. He doesnt deserve his salary  (Read 59035 times)

Re: Al Horford has been mediocre. He doesnt deserve his salary
« Reply #435 on: May 27, 2018, 11:40:50 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
He had the lowest amount of rebounds in game seven out of all of our starters-He did not assert himself like I had hoped for-Good complimentary piece who will never carey his team in game sevens of finals or ecf vs Lebron or Embiid—-good complimentary piece-

Wait.... Horford isn't as good as Lebron?

« Reply #436 on: May 27, 2018, 11:42:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He had the lowest amount of rebounds in game seven out of all of our starters-He did not assert himself like I had hoped for-Good complimentary piece who will never carey his team in game sevens of finals or ecf vs Lebron or Embiid—-good complimentary piece-

Revelation right there
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #437 on: May 27, 2018, 11:47:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree.  Missed two crucial shots late in the game and had a poor game 6 performance

Lebron is his worst nightmare

« Reply #438 on: May 27, 2018, 11:49:15 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Average Al was who he is tonight, average.

« Reply #439 on: May 27, 2018, 11:50:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We won the rebounding battle 42-41. Al not getting a bunch of rebounds didn't lose this game. It was shooting the three that did us in and Horford only took one and missed. The rest of this team was 7 for 38. Horford was outstanding out there tonight.

« Reply #440 on: May 27, 2018, 11:51:24 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

He just needed to be better then Green and Thompson for this game to go down to wire- Didn't expect Blount with boards- who wants it more usually who gets the boards-

« Reply #441 on: May 27, 2018, 11:53:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm not going to be too hard on Horford - he has been a stabilizing force for our young team - but it's unfortunate that he (along with everybody but Tatum) wilted under the pressure of Lebron once again. The dude only went 1-5 in the 2nd half and that was on a dunk. We needed more from him, we needed a coach on the floor, and he came up empty when we needed him most.

It will be interesting to see this team fully healthy. I've always thought Hayward could take over the Horford role pretty seamlessly. Of course I'd like to see everyone on this roster return next year for a real shot at a championship, but I'd rather Horford's huge contract not prevent us from re-signing players to fair contracts in the future.

« Reply #442 on: May 27, 2018, 11:57:33 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Bottom line is Horford is a really god player. If he's the best player on your team like he had to be this playoff run then you arent winning it all. If he is your 4th or 5th best player like he might be next season then you are a contender.

« Reply #443 on: May 28, 2018, 12:05:15 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
They let the Cavs hammer him all night and no fouls called. He played really well tonight in spite of no respect.

« Reply #444 on: May 28, 2018, 01:11:36 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Ready to package Rozier, Morris, Horford, Yabusele, Nader, and SAC 19 for Karl Anthony Towns?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #445 on: May 28, 2018, 01:28:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ready to package Rozier, Morris, Horford, Yabusele, Nader, and SAC 19 for Karl Anthony Towns?

Not good enough. Prob would need to include Brown

« Reply #446 on: May 28, 2018, 01:51:44 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Not good enough. Prob would need to include Brown

I gotta ask. Why do we want Towns? He is a great offensive player but he honestly couldn't play in the conference finals right now, he's that bad defensively. I'd rather have Brown. A 1-5 switchable defender is a arguably more valuable on a team with Tatum and Irving to do the heaving lifting offensively.