Author Topic: If you are Ainge  (Read 1813 times)

If you are Ainge
« on: April 30, 2018, 04:34:51 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
and the Celtics win the championship, how would you spend the offseason? You have roster decisions to make and little flexibility. On the other hand, you have Kyrie and GH coming back, but potentially lose Baynes and Smart. Does winning a ring change your perception of the offseason?

Re: If you are Ainge
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 04:43:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If we somehow did this, I feel as if Baynes would come back for cheap without a doubt. He's made some good money, and with 2 rings I feel like he would want more. He's also 31, so doubt he gets a big offer.

I'd try and keep the extended core together, including Smart, but wouldn't at all be surprised if a team offered him big money (assuming he plays a pivotal role in this hypothetical championship run). If he does leave, I'd try and trade into the second round and pick either Jevon Carter or Keenan Evans, as I feel like they could both be acceptable bench guards in the NBA in the long run.

Other than that, I just run it out. Pick BPA with our #30 pick, don't make any drastic changes, and let this dynasty run its course ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 06:26:14 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
and the Celtics win the championship, how would you spend the offseason? You have roster decisions to make and little flexibility. On the other hand, you have Kyrie and GH coming back, but potentially lose Baynes and Smart. Does winning a ring change your perception of the offseason?

Let's be honest - they needed homecourt advantage to beat a fairly basic NBA playoff team in the Bucks.  You do not have much to worry about.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:29:00 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Let's be honest - they needed homecourt advantage to beat a fairly basic NBA playoff team in the Bucks.  You do not have much to worry about.

Its pretty obvious this is a hypothetical scenario. The fact that I said "If you are Ainge" is a dead giveaway.

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 06:32:01 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Its pretty obvious this is a hypothetical scenario. The fact that I said "If you are Ainge" is a dead giveaway.
All CBs truly believe that one day they will be Celtics GM. With that said this is not a hypothetical question.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 06:58:31 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

All CBs truly believe that one day they will be Celtics GM. With that said this is not a hypothetical question.

Its a hypothetical scenario. Just the same as "If the Lakers pick lands 2-3rd" or "how do we beat the Sixers (before even beating the bucks).

Go google some examples.

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 07:01:58 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

So does the 2008 Celtics. Struggled against the 37 win Hawks and a 45 win Cavs that pushed them to 7 games then the rest is history. It's all about stylistic matchup. I feel more confident winning against Sixers than Pacers or Raptors. They like to play up tempo game. But what happens when we slow it down and make it hard for their star players to create?

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 07:05:09 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Its a hypothetical scenario. Just the same as "If the Lakers pick lands 2-3rd" or "how do we beat the Sixers (before even beating the bucks).

Go google some examples.
All good, I joked.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 09:37:07 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I would try to re-sign everyone that's up.  I'd pay reasonable for Baynes and whatever it takes for Smart.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 09:47:10 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I bet that Smart asks for a payday that we unfortunately can't afford. Baynes should be a no brainer to bring back. The defensive stats with him in the lineup show how impactful he really is in the minutes he has.

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 10:25:17 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I would keep Smart and Rozier and trade Irving.

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
If you are Ainge and the Celtics win the championship, how would you spend the offseason?

Buying lottery tickets.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Honestly I don't think Ainge's off season changes all that much from a team building perspective. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip