Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Bucks (2-3) Game #6 4/26/18  (Read 34017 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Bucks (2-3) Game #6 4/26/18
« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2018, 11:07:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Highly doubt the bucks are mentally strong enough or prepared for what they are about to walk into Saturday night.
I sadly think they'll hold up better than you think.  they didn't look mentally weak tonight in a must-win game 6

That was in Milwaukee. Doing it in Boston is a another level. Boston doesn’t lose game sevens at home
it won't be easy for them but if Boston wins it won't be because Milwaukee plays intimidated by the setting.

I think the Celtics win by double digits.

« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2018, 11:10:47 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Winning on the road in the playoffs is hard.  We have some kids who aren't as good as we're asking them to be just yet. 

We have a coin flip game 7 to look forward to.  Crowd was a massive plus for the Bucks tonight.  I expect it to be even bigger for us on Saturday.  Rozier, Brown, and Tatum have never had to lead their team in a closeout game before.  It'll be the hardest thing any of them have done to this point in their careers.  Win or lose, it will be a learning experience. 

Go Cs.

Thank you for a reasonable take.  TP!.  You are right, it is hard closing out a series on the road.  Against a team whose 3 top shooters (Brogdon, Greek, Middleton) hit 25/38 from the field = 66% from the field.  It is just almost impossible to win when we shoot 38% and those main guys are hitting shots like that.  I thought our def in general was better in the 2nd half.  Guys were hustling, competing, but we just couldn't shoot.

It will change once we are back in Boston.  I like our chances.

« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2018, 11:12:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2018, 11:14:55 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This is pretty much the Washington series all over last year. I just don’t trust the guys the bucks have in that setting Saturday night

You have to be a killer to win a game seven roadie. I do not see any killers on that team...esp on the road. In Milwaukee is easy for them

« Reply #544 on: April 26, 2018, 11:18:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Highly doubt the bucks are mentally strong enough or prepared for what they are about to walk into Saturday night.
I sadly think they'll hold up better than you think.  they didn't look mentally weak tonight in a must-win game 6

That was in Milwaukee. Doing it in Boston is a another level. Boston doesn’t lose game sevens at home

Orlando Magic beat the Boston Celtics in Game 7 at the Garden back in 2009. And that year was when KG was injured. Eerily similar series here.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #545 on: April 26, 2018, 11:25:46 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
This game never felt right again fron the start.

CBS sensed this from the start too with his quick time out

Bucks were swarming and crazy energy ,  to me looked like Celtics were gonna get run over any minute . 

The bucks back were against the wall .  They said as much and just kept coming at the Celtics like crazy with ball pressure .  The Celtics could not get in a rhythm ,  the Buck intensity was just crazy.
I felt,like 100 bucks players were on the floor .  and the Celtics were on the verge of being blownout any second .

Bucks played like it was do or die ,  the Celtics seemed to,be backing up or reeling from the Bucks intensity .

Never seemed to,me the Celtics could gain comtrol,of pace or could they fully match the endless,energy of the freak .

Their desperate energy was too much and it swallowed upd the Celtics .

« Reply #546 on: April 26, 2018, 11:27:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

it won't be easy for them but if Boston wins it won't be because Milwaukee plays intimidated by the setting.

will enjoy seeing that come to pass.

« Reply #547 on: April 26, 2018, 11:29:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

will enjoy seeing that come to pass.

I am the most pessimistic Person on this board. But I feel good about game seven

« Reply #548 on: April 26, 2018, 11:30:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Perhaps it was a bad draw for the Celtics getting the Milwaukee Bucks in the playoffs...having no answer for The Greek and Middleton lol.

Maybe the Wizards would have been the better choice, eh.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #549 on: April 26, 2018, 11:30:28 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
This is pretty much the Washington series all over last year. I just don’t trust the guys the bucks have in that setting Saturday night

You have to be a killer to win a game seven roadie. I do not see any killers on that team...esp on the road. In Milwaukee is easy for them

The bucks are better at home than Celtics on road.  Celtics been decent road team, but Bucks really like that home cooking for sure.

« Reply #550 on: April 27, 2018, 12:04:08 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
A playoffs series don't start until you win on the road.

The Celtics' playoffs haven't even started yet, and probably won't this year.
since neither team has won on the road, i am not sure what you are talking about here.

p.s. celtics in seven!!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #551 on: April 27, 2018, 04:18:34 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I held hope until the end that we would win because we won the first quarter and so far, in this series, the team that won the first quarter always won the game but the streak came to an end. Too many missed shots and costly turnovers to turn the game around, which is a shame because we started well.

Guys like Bledsoe, Snell and Maker should play poorly on a decisive game 7 on the road but since it's a do or die game, you never know what could happen... it's risky. Still, despite the outcome, it will be a great learning experience for Jaylen and Tatum (who has looked bad for 2 games in a row).

« Reply #552 on: April 27, 2018, 04:21:11 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
A playoffs series don't start until you win on the road.

The Celtics' playoffs haven't even started yet, and probably won't this year.
since neither team has won on the road, i am not sure what you are talking about here.

p.s. celtics in seven!!!!  ;D
Following that logic, and hopefully, for us, this series will end before it begins.  :D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #553 on: April 27, 2018, 04:28:45 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
We just can’t afford to have 3-4 minute gaps without a FG. Fortunately the celtics play waaayyyy differently at home than away, way more post ups of giannis, brogdon and drew bledsoe. That is the key for me. Run it throught the post!
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #554 on: April 27, 2018, 06:27:54 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't understand why nobody stood out on the Celts. My man Smart was non-existant. Horford was absent in the 4th. JB was absent in the 1st half. Morris couldn't hit anything. Rozier was more concerned about beating Drew Bledsoe. Too many bad offensive possessions with occasional bad shots that somehow went in (Tatum). Rebounding was bad. Hearing a caller on NBA radio saying Stevens is being outcoached. I mean there is NOTHING positive that came out of last night's game. Usually there is something you can take from a loss. There is NOTHING from last night that I can take. The Bucks have a lot they can take away: Snell, Parker, Maker and even Dellevedova didn't play that well and they still won going away. All I can hope for now is the Garden crowd to rock on Saturday and pull this win out for us. We can't lose to this Bucks team. They really are not good.