Author Topic: ESPN Article 4 Trades for Kawhi Leonard  (Read 7584 times)

ESPN Article 4 Trades for Kawhi Leonard
« on: April 25, 2018, 09:26:07 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23295190/kawhi-leonard-trades-see-san-antonio-spurs-make-nba

It was a decent read. Most interesting (and annoying):

Lakers offer Ingram (nothing else)

Celtics offer Irving, 2018 Celtic 1st, and "whatever other picks needed"

So, in their mind, Irving, 2018 Celtic 1st, and "whatever other picks needed" is roughly equal to Brandon Ingram? Come on ... seriously?

Anyway, I'm happy with Irving, thanks. I'm happy with this entire team. No more big trades.

Re: ESPN Article 4 Trades for Kawhi Leonard
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
The pundits always steer the good stuff to their fav teams.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 09:35:50 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The pundits always steer the good stuff to their fav teams.
Yes, I was surprised that the Knicks didn't have a "dream offer".
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Am I the only one who thinks that Celtic trade would be idiotic? The C's would have Leonard, Hayward, Tatum, Brown, Morris and no proven starting point guard. It makes no sense to me at all.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 09:59:15 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Lakers and Heat offers are kind-of a joke (especially Lakers). That exact Ohilly deal has been proposed on here before, but I have to imagine other teams would be able to beat that.

The Cs deal seems just about on point - except the part about including the Sac pick. Irving and a late 1st would work for both sides. Our starting line-up would be hilarious and incredible at the same time!

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 10:07:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Am I the only one who thinks that Celtic trade would be idiotic? The C's would have Leonard, Hayward, Tatum, Brown, Morris and no proven starting point guard. It makes no sense to me at all.

Rozier and Smart say hi

On a roster like that, these two would be more than good enough to handle the PG duties. Especially on the defensive end

Horford Leonard Brown Tatum Rozier/Smart

would be a killer lineup

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 10:10:47 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

Rozier and Smart say hi

On a roster like that, these two would be more than good enough to handle the PG duties. Especially on the defensive end

would be a killer lineup
No spot for Hayward in that lineup ;D?

Jokes aside, I agree. We wouldn't need a PG that is capable of scoring in bunches if we acquire Leonard (Hayward, Brown, Leonard etc. can take care of that).
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 10:11:05 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23295190/kawhi-leonard-trades-see-san-antonio-spurs-make-nba

It was a decent read. Most interesting (and annoying):

Lakers offer Ingram (nothing else)

Celtics offer Irving, 2018 Celtic 1st, and "whatever other picks needed"

So, in their mind, Irving, 2018 Celtic 1st, and "whatever other picks needed" is roughly equal to Brandon Ingram? Come on ... seriously?

Anyway, I'm happy with Irving, thanks. I'm happy with this entire team. No more big trades.

Of course they're equal!  Irving is an NBA champ and one of the best closers in the world, and Brandon Ingram played 20 good games in a row in March.  THEY ARE LIKE BROTHERS
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 10:11:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I would do Kyrie +2018 first in a blink of an eye for Leonard (as long as he passes physical)

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 10:11:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Rozier and Smart say hi

would be a killer lineup

Jokes aside, I agree. We wouldn't need a PG that is capable of scoring in bunches if we acquire Leonard (Hayward, Brown, Leonard etc. can take care of that).

see I forgot how stacked we are lol

So Tatum comes from the bench then

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 10:16:23 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Rozier and Smart say hi

would be a killer lineup

This is what I was getting at: The deal would be for the C's to send out their best ballhandler to bring back a player at a position where there is already a logjam.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I don't know much about Leonard's situation in SAS. I've read some rumours that he wants out, but I don't see SAS earning much trading the last year of his contract.

I don't see teams offering much for a player who missed nearly the whole season - at the very least they would want Leonard to be examined by their own doctors before making a deal.

If I were the Lakers I wouldn't trade Ingram for Leonard. Needless to say the same goes for the suggested BOS trade.

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 10:19:49 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I would do Kyrie +2018 first in a blink of an eye for Leonard (as long as he passes physical)

I really don't want this thread to degrade into another debate on Kyrie Irving, or for that matter, what we would give up for Leonard.

My main point in posting it was that the author thought Ingram was roughly equivalent value to Irving + 18 1st. Thoughts on that?

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 10:23:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Rozier and Smart say hi

would be a killer lineup

This is what I was getting at: The deal would be for the C's to send out their best ballhandler to bring back a player at a position where there is already a logjam.

Leonard when healthy is a better player than Kyrie

He can do a few more things better vs Kyrie who is mainly an offensive weapon

Leonard also can play the facilitator, be the go to guy, shutdown D.   

Logjam or not, thats a luxury you worry about later

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 10:26:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I really don't want this thread to degrade into another debate on Kyrie Irving, or for that matter, what we would give up for Leonard.

My main point in posting it was that the author thought Ingram was roughly equivalent value to Irving + 18 1st. Thoughts on that?

It doesn't work that way

anyways these ideas are ESPN wild imagination running loose

If Spurs want anything from the Celtics it would be something along the lines of Brown, Rozier and future 1st not Kyrie

Spurs once they trade Leonard will go on semi rebuild mode.  I don't even think Popovich will be back