Author Topic: Bucks complaining about non-call on the shot clock violation  (Read 3792 times)

Re: Bucks complaining about non-call on the shot clock violation
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 08:41:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I dont generally complain about lack of calls, but it’s obvious that the bucks are fouling on almost every play. Giannis pushes people, tackles them, wrestles in the low post (almost body slamming Horford). Even on the game winning tip in, he stiff armed Tatum to box him out. Him, thon maker, delladova are just not making basketball plays, and the refs stopped calling it.  It’s up to the refs to start fouling them out or the Celtics to act similarly.

Bledsoe, too. The refs need to get them under sontrol, or someone is going to go too far and actually hurt someone (my money would be on Maker, if that gangly, uncoordinated **** throws another tantrum like he did in game 4)
I feel like if any of them legitimately try to hurt one of our guys both Marcus' will have a little bit to say about it.

The officiating this post-season has been absolutely all over the place. The 76ers-Heat series was crazy physical
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This is why people should stop complaining about the refs and acting like they are out to get us.  That was an AWFUL call that went against the Bucks.  Much worse than the one against Jaylen in that sense that it was so blantant.  Don’t forget that the refs also missed a blatant hold on Tatum last game too.

The refs are part of the game. People need to stop whining in every game thread about them like three year olds.

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That was a godawful call that went our way in a big moment - we probably only got the rebound because half the Bucks were screaming for it. Plenty of other shaky-to-bad calls before that too. The complaints should be about poor/inconsistent officiating overall, not the whiny conspiracy crap.

That said, I don't mind physicality in playoff ball; let guys scrap and get after it. Smart at minimum will thrive in that kind of environment.  But it's gotta be consistent, not just between teams but ideally between different games in the series.

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 09:18:52 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
You know it's a missed call when even Tommy is curious why it wasn't reviewed.

Having said that, a few days ago, I wrote in the Game 4 thread that the Celtics need to stop worrying about missed calls and just win the game.

So Bucks, I have some advice for you...stop worrying about missed calls and just win the games.

Mike

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 09:22:47 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I dont generally complain about lack of calls, but it’s obvious that the bucks are fouling on almost every play. Giannis pushes people, tackles them, wrestles in the low post (almost body slamming Horford). Even on the game winning tip in, he stiff armed Tatum to box him out. Him, thon maker, delladova are just not making basketball plays, and the refs stopped calling it.  It’s up to the refs to start fouling them out or the Celtics to act similarly.

Bledsoe, too. The refs need to get them under sontrol, or someone is going to go too far and actually hurt someone (my money would be on Maker, if that gangly, uncoordinated **** throws another tantrum like he did in game 4)
I feel like if any of them legitimately try to hurt one of our guys both Marcus' will have a little bit to say about it.

The officiating this post-season has been absolutely all over the place. The 76ers-Heat series was crazy physical

LOL ....so you did not watch real physical ball , Shaq, Carl Malone , Moses Malone, Anthony Mason,  Larry Bird , Patrick Ewing ,  Tree Rollins , Danny Ainge ,  John Stockton,  Bill Laimbeer, Charles Oakley,  Metta World Peace ,  Ben Wallace , and KG was no push over LOL..... Philly has huge guys .....like the Knicks   Jazz , Bullets of old   Any game with them is going to be ruff ....OR you won't beat them .   

Philly and Minn are bringing  back old school ball.   We need Davis to level the playing field for years to come. or as long as Embiid is healthy.

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2018, 09:33:27 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I agree with the Bucks - watching on TV, I clearly heard the buzzer before it left Horford's hands - still cannot believe they missed that

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2018, 09:36:15 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
The whole series has been officiated terribly. Obviously the Celtics can point to just as many bad calls going against them as the Bucks can so I don't know that either team is benefiting from it and I know that referees aren't going to get it right all the time but this series has felt sloppy to me.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2018, 10:11:53 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
>with Rozier's big head

???

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2018, 10:29:09 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

LOL ....so you did not watch real physical ball , Shaq, Carl Malone , Moses Malone, Anthony Mason,  Larry Bird , Patrick Ewing ,  Tree Rollins , Danny Ainge ,  John Stockton,  Bill Laimbeer, Charles Oakley,  Metta World Peace ,  Ben Wallace , and KG was no push over LOL..... Philly has huge guys .....like the Knicks   Jazz , Bullets of old   Any game with them is going to be ruff ....OR you won't beat them .   

Philly and Minn are bringing  back old school ball.   We need Davis to level the playing field for years to come. or as long as Embiid is healthy.

This is a straw man argument. I don't mind physical play, and I'm old enough to remember people getting hit hard in the 90s. However, I also remember people getting called for fouls, getting technicals and ejections for non-basketball plays. The part that is missing are the foul calls.

I watch Giannis shoving people left and right. That's a foul. It doesn't matter what era of basketball you are watching. You don't push people to the ground.

Thon Maker & Dellavedova have very little basketball ability (by NBA standards). They're basically goons recklessly running around trying to play defense by smothering people (and making a lot of contact).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:35:09 AM by Erik »

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
It was a terrible call. Last night’s crew was bad overall, with the Bucks getting plenty of benefit of the doubt.

This.  Especially the fourth quarter where, seemingly, it was no guns barred until the there would be a ticky tack call.  And, nearly all went in favor of the Bucks.  It was a bit surreal to watch.

I see this as tit for tat with the Brown non-call from Game 4.  Also, since the shot couldn't didn't go in, it couldn't be reviewed.   

I'm sure the two minute report will come out pointing out the referees' error.  Let that fanbase stew over that one. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 10:32:50 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
It was a terrible call. Last night’s crew was bad overall, with the Bucks getting plenty of benefit of the doubt.

This.  Especially the fourth quarter where, seemingly, it was no guns barred until the there would be a ticky tack call.  And, nearly all went in favor of the Bucks.  It was a bit surreal to watch.

I see this as tit for tat with the Brown non-call from Game 4.  Also, since the shot couldn't didn't go in, it couldn't be reviewed.   

I'm sure the two minute report will come out pointing out the referees' error.  Let that fanbase stew over that one.

Yea, even the Bledsoe Flagrant I was kinda like "no kidding, he's been doing that all night and getting away with it why would he stop?"

The crew last night couldn't decide if it wanted to call a no blood no foul game or by the book, and the Players had no idea either.

by the 3rd, it had devolved into "nothing is a foul, until it is." which I have to imagine is the worst way to play for a NBA player.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 10:32:50 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

^^^ Yup
ok fine

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 10:43:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's not at all what I'm saying, lol. You're absolutely putting words in my mouth.

I'm complaining about the completely different rulebook and standards that have been applied during these playoffs. If they let every team be physical I would have no issue - it's where some guys are allowed to be physical whereas others get tech fouls for looking at LeBron the wrong way
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2018, 10:49:17 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
HA! You all hear Joe Prunty after the game? "Giannis isn't getting all the calls" LOL really??

Meanwhile, Thon Maker can swipe someone's face and Bledsoe can just shove someone, but nope, no review for a flagrant, just play on!  ::)

I'm not someone who advocates for dirty play, but I wouldn't mind if some of the C's players got REAL physical in Game 6 and showed the Bucks who is boss. I mean, if they are going to screw us with calls anyways, might as well make it "worth it", right?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2018, 10:52:03 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lol the refs are okay crew are latching on the 24 sec violation no-call as evidence there is no favoritism for the Bucks in this series...lol how naive. The refs threw the Cs a bone, now they have been empowered to guarantee a game 7. Funny how some here see the non consequential no call as evidence of fairness.