Author Topic: Semi Ojeleye outstanding defense  (Read 18031 times)

Semi Ojeleye outstanding defense
« on: April 24, 2018, 11:25:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just ask Giannis lol

Those sky offensive rebounds are not too shabby either

Once he gets more comfortable on the offensive end, he should be solid in that area as well

Excellent 2nd round pick

Re: Semi Ojeleye outstanding defense
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 11:44:06 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I’m glad he hit a three for our first field goal. He needs to just keep plugging away!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 12:00:17 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Jesusemilore Talodabijesu Ojeleye!

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 12:08:30 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Just ask Giannis lol

Those sky offensive rebounds are not too shabby either

Once he gets more comfortable on the offensive end, he should be solid in that area as well

Excellent 2nd round pick

He's a long way from anything resmebling solid on the offenisve end right now, comfrot level  side. That said hes been a nice pick. Solid 3(assuming it ever starts falling) and D potential.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 03:53:53 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Ojeleye has a history of being a good shooter-not like a bad shooter trying to get better but a shooter trying to recover
ROLLIE MASSIMINO always used to say "there is always a place on my team for a guy that plays defense"
 Down and dirty help pressure defense- "down in the stance,slide those feet"-"Help right ,help left watch the screen-he drilled communication into an era of silence on defense
Marcus has the perfect build ,upper body and lower body to get over screens he just dips that shoulder and he has the length that semi doesn't have
Ojeleye a rookie starts a critical 5th game in Boston-that says it all to the naysayers
Celts win, a critical defensive change because Brad adjusted ,Marcus came back and Ojeleye stepped up or if you prefer "stayed down and moved his feet"

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 04:06:55 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Semi and Smart - 2 adjustments that won the crutial game 5.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 07:41:31 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
He belongs on the rotation as long as he can play D at a solid level. D will come soon. Having Smart around him will boost his confidence.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 07:43:54 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Great defensive game by Semi. Giannis seems to be tailor made for him, as opposed to a Middleton, since he struggles with his shot and wants to attack the basket. Semi, who likes to give a cushion to most players, has the lateral quickness to stay in front of Giannis and the strength to maintain good position. Obviously he needs to improve a lot offensively so hopefully a summer of really working on his shot, especially those corner 3's, translates to on-court results.

As an aside, I'm really surprised at how ineffective Morris has been this series defending Giannis. So much so that Brad seems to rarely put him on him, instead opting for Horford or Semi being the primary defender. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:55:03 AM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 07:48:29 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Great adjustment to the starting lineup by Brad last night.  Semi gives us excellent versatility on defense.  He has the potential to be a really nice 3 & D player in the NBA.  I also loved our full court pressure on Dellevedova  It will be interesting to see how the Bucks adjust in game 6.

If I'm on the other side I still feel confident about game 6.  The Bucks still missed some open opportunities and forced a ton of turnovers.   

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 07:49:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Semi and Smart - 2 adjustments that won the crutial game 5.

We ll need all,their physical emotion and energy to have any chance of a win in Mil.

Thong gives us headache because of his youth energy ,  he plays way harder than Henson , and we have to have equal number of energy guys to match their youth .

Without Skill guys of Hayward and Kyrie to make buckets ,   Celtics have to rely on hustle on defense and offense to produce buckets . 

Celtics played it smart and gave the freak all the shots he did not want ....dare him and make him pass the ball .

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 07:53:23 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I also loved our full court pressure on Dellevedova 

Yeah, the pressure applied by Rozier and Larkin on him were huge. Another key defensively was Smart on Middleton. He made him work hard for everything and has the physicality to knock him of his spots.

One adjustment we might have to do is not playing Larkin when Middleton is in. The Bucks are going right after him by getting the switch in PNR's and then attacking him with Middleton in the mismatch. His ability to rise and shoot over the smaller Larkin is nightmare to deal with.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 08:16:08 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I also loved our full court pressure on Dellevedova 

Yeah, the pressure applied by Rozier and Larkin on him were huge. Another key defensively was Smart on Middleton. He made him work hard for everything and has the physicality to knock him of his spots.

One adjustment we might have to do is not playing Larkin when Middleton is in. The Bucks are going right after him by getting the switch in PNR's and then attacking him with Middleton in the mismatch. His ability to rise and shoot over the smaller Larkin is nightmare to deal with.

You are absolutely right about Larkin.  It's becoming popular to bash him but I still believe he can provide a positive contribution with a slight reduction in minutes.  I wouldn't mind seeing his minutes cut down from 14 to 8 or 9.  His physical limitations are just too much when Middleton is in the lineup.   

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 09:32:16 AM »

Online timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Great D by Semi - just stay in front of Giannis and force him to hit an outside shot

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
He's just so darn strong and moves his feet well. Yesterday he has getting smart about using his hands, too, including that jump ball with Giannis. Really strong work.

If he can get consistent hitting spot-up 3's, he'll have a role in the NBA for a long time.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 10:48:09 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 Offensive fouls-the playoffs may be just what semi needs with his strength and lateral and refs allowing physical games.
I hope the refs get reviewed on that missed charge and even the 2nd was questionable.
Next time, Semi might get the benefit of the call because they get clued in to his lateral speed and willingness to take a hit.And he doesn't flop.
.Semi keeps his shoulders squared and head straight with no flinching.All the refs need is to be clued in, maybe those two calls will pay dividends in game 6.

I don't think anyone will disagree that Semi also boxes out often and well.

The Greek is so used to his first step and players unable to back peddle or slide with him, 
 then combine that with bulk,strength and low center of gravity.
He really is an imposing figure in his stance.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:53:45 AM by rollie mass »