Author Topic: How do we beat the 76ers in the 2nd round?  (Read 16004 times)

Re: How do we beat the 76ers in the 2nd round?
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2018, 11:16:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm surprised nobody started a thread on "How do we beat the Raptors in the Eastern Conference Finals" yet.
dont give me any ideas  ;D

« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2018, 11:17:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'm surprised nobody started a thread on "How do we beat the Raptors in the Eastern Conference Finals" yet.

Because most of us think it will be the Cavs 😆

« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2018, 11:18:23 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Great effort tonight, but I expect a hard fought series.  The Celts shot an unsustainable 17/36 from 3, and the 76ers an uncharacteristic 5/26.  They're a very good and well-coached team that will surely adjust for Game 2.  Should be a fun series and I'm personally stoked for my NGT to be lifted for all of us to enjoy it together.    :angel: :D
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2018, 11:30:44 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
See game #1 of ECSFs. 8)

« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I can't wait for people to see the power of Stevens. I already have many ideas on how to abuse the Sixers and I'm just a regular guy. Stevens is going to dismantle this overrated team. They have way too many weaknesses.

Any further questions? They're at best on our level without Hayward and Irving. Every single person on their team, top to bottom, is overrated.

TP

« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2018, 10:11:52 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I can't wait for people to see the power of Stevens. I already have many ideas on how to abuse the Sixers and I'm just a regular guy. Stevens is going to dismantle this overrated team. They have way too many weaknesses.

Any further questions? They're at best on our level without Hayward and Irving. Every single person on their team, top to bottom, is overrated.
Yeah. The Sixers are going to shoot 20% from three for the remainder of the series, and Horford will be 10 for 12 from the field every night. The sweep is on, book it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2018, 10:21:50 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
this game 7 is your fault. This thread is BAD JUJU.

Yep. I fully blame this thread for last night's loss.
crazy talk

Nope. It's the rules of the universe.

Our only hope is that the Bucks blog has posted a similar thread on how they can beat the Sixers. The resulting conflict will tear a hole in the space-time continuum, sucking both posts back into the void. With the scales rebalanced, the Cs will have a chance on Saturday.

who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2018, 10:28:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Team that wins game TWO  on Thursday will win the series .

Homecourt is everything .  Game two will be the most critical game for both . 

Even if Philly wins both home games

Celtics are sitting pretty for game 7

« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2018, 10:58:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's too soon to get cocky, and I was surprised by how easily we won without Brown, but it was strange to see how little attention was given to Philly's red flags as a playoff team.

The biggest being Simmons' and Embiid's youth and playoff inexperience, but they're also very dependent on controlling pace and getting open 3s, and we're pretty good at preventing that. They have a bunch of mediocre wings that are mostly just out there for spacing, and no real perimeter stopper on D. The bench is...mediocre shooting wings and not much else. Take away the 3s and they don't have much flexibility to adjust styles. Plus we generally rolled them in the regular season.

All that said they still could beat us in our depleted state. But perceptions before the series just seemed much more dismal than the matchup warranted.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:13:56 AM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2018, 11:10:03 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
They did it!!!  ;D

« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2018, 11:13:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
It's too soon to get cocky, and I was surprised by how easily we won without Brown, but it was strange to see how little attention was given to Philly's red flags as a playoff team.

The biggest being Simmons' and Embiid's youth and playoff inexperience, but they're also very dependent on controlling pace and getting open 3s, and we're pretty good at preventing that. They have a bunch of mediocre wings that are mostly just out there for spacing, and no real perimeter stopper on D. The bench is...mediocre shooting wings and not much else. Take away the 3s and they don't have much flexibility to adjust styles. Plus we generally rolled them in the regular season.

All that said they still could beat us in our depleted state. But perceptions before the series just seemed much more dismal than the matchup warranted.
can we get cocky now

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2018, 11:23:31 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

can we get cocky now

i was cocky the whole time lol  ;D

What a performance! Maybe the most competitive 3-0/5 game series I've ever seen but we did it by outplaying them in crunch time. They weren't ready. But they're gonna be scary as hell next year.