Author Topic: How do we beat the 76ers in the 2nd round?  (Read 16016 times)

Re: How do we beat the 76ers in the 2nd round?
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2018, 09:23:58 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
assuming Brown can play, we have a huge advantage in the back court.

That's a key assumption. I'm not optimistic, at least for the first week of the series and maybe the whole series. If he couldn't go last night in a game 7, he's hurt for real. Jumping back in before he's ready seems like a bad idea. I don't want him playing at less than full strength, and definitely don't want him to aggravate the injury.

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2018, 10:33:01 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
* We were pretty effective against Embiid during the regular season with Horford and Baynes. I do remember Theis having a lot of trouble with Embiid's size, so him being injured probably doesn't hurt too much. While he still got his (17.3 PPG and 13.3 RPG) he did so on really poor efficiency (FG% 38.5 - 3PT% 0.83 on 4.3 attempts per game). I think Baynes will have to mirror a lot of Embiid's minutes and be a nuisance. Monroe should be more in the mix too.

* Philly boy Morris usually plays well with Philadelphia. in 3 games this season he shot 51.5% from the field wand averaged 16.7 PPG against the Sixers. To me he's our X factor.

* Redick worries me a lot. He really makes that offense hum by giving them spacing and being involved heavily in off-ball action. Rozier has a tendency to get hung up on screens, so this is something to monitor. Smart, with his ability to avoid and fight through screens, will have to be huge against Redick this series.

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2018, 10:34:06 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Key will be perimeter3 point defense.

Sixers a better team than Bucks, but for some reason we match up better vs Sixers.

I expect Jaylen back by game 3-4. Want him 100%.

« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2018, 10:38:39 AM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Controlling pace of play.  Same way we beat Milwaukee.  If we let them get out and run, we're doomed.

« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2018, 10:42:38 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
assuming Brown can play, we have a huge advantage in the back court.

That's a key assumption. I'm not optimistic, at least for the first week of the series and maybe the whole series. If he couldn't go last night in a game 7, he's hurt for real. Jumping back in before he's ready seems like a bad idea. I don't want him playing at less than full strength, and definitely don't want him to aggravate the injury.

wasn't he cleared to play last night? Brad may have not put him in because the Celts were rolling at the point.

either way, ESPN says Brown is hopeful he will be ready to go for game 1

« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
My simplified take is that this series will boil down to offensive execution for the Celtics.  Scoring droughts accompanied by awful turnovers are the common theme when we struggle.  Philly presents difficult matchups but we were #1 in defensive efficiency for a reason.  Assuming Brown is healthy I am confident that we can make things difficult for Embid, Simmons, Redick, Saric etc.   

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2018, 10:56:04 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Might sound wierd but I think Cs match up better with Philly.

Cs have edge in guard play and could give 76ers issues there. Belinelli/Redick had monster series vs MIA because MIA didn't have anyone to guard them. They were the driving force for Philly winning. Rozier/Smart/Brown present a much bigger problem for them.

Overall, I think it will be a defensive slugfest. Both these team can D up. Brown's availability will be huge.

« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2018, 11:00:25 AM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Assuming C's play it safe and Jaylen does not play game 1, let's look at starting defensive matchups:

Semi did a great job staying in front of the Freak, do you start Semi and put him on Simmons?

If so, I guess that puts Terry on JJ Redick, Scary will have to be better at fighting through screens

Jason probably takes Robert Covington.

Do you start Aron on Joel and Big Al on Daric or Big Al on Joel and start Morris on Daric?

Assuming Baynes starts, that would leave Morris, Smart, Larkin and Monroe coming off the bench, with Dancing Bear and Nader available for emergencies (let's hope that there are no more emergencies).

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2018, 11:22:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm making a commitment to prayer at every meal.   ;D

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2018, 11:45:13 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Our advantage vs the Bucks was their lack of depth.
Sixers bench has been playing great!
Honestly idk how we get out of this round winning...

« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2018, 11:59:25 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The battle is between Rozier and Brown vs Covington and Redick. We need to make them pay for trotting out a gigantic lineup. Philly depends on those two guys being good enough defensively to cover for the lack of defensive speed at guard. We will need to win these match ups decisively.

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2018, 12:09:52 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I can't wait for people to see the power of Stevens. I already have many ideas on how to abuse the Sixers and I'm just a regular guy. Stevens is going to dismantle this overrated team. They have way too many weaknesses.

« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2018, 12:12:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Get tnt studio crew to pick sixers to win.

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2018, 12:13:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Our advantage vs the Bucks was their lack of depth.
Sixers bench has been playing great!
Honestly idk how we get out of this round winning...

What depth do we have?

« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Seems the Sixers forums are mostly predicting a sweep of the Celtics agree with their hero Sir Charles.

Boston is not in their league . 

oh well..... :)