Author Topic: Game 5: The most “Marcus Smart” game ever  (Read 5028 times)

Game 5: The most “Marcus Smart” game ever
« on: April 24, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tonight was the epitome of Marcus. He shot poorly, took frustrating shots, played excellent defense, and made winning plays.  He’s one of the most unique players I’ve ever seen, and tonight summarized it in one game.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Game 5: The most “Marcus Smart” game ever
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 09:59:55 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Tonight was the epitome of Marcus. He shot poorly, took frustrating shots, played excellent defense, and made winning plays.  He’s one of the most unique players I’ve ever seen, and tonight summarized it in one game.

You have to resign him...no matter the cost.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 10:02:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

TP ......he brings what NO. ONE else is going to give , unless KG comes out of retirement .

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 10:03:08 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I assume it was a massive grind too, based on the score.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 10:03:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

TP ...

your best quote ever !
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:14:34 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 10:04:01 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I dont have a problem with most of his shots tonight, most of them were because the clock was running down or he was open. Sure, couldve shot better.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 10:04:03 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

TP Roy.

Smart providing that unique energy as only he can. Awesome stuff any competitor can appreciate.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 10:04:09 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Agree. He is the most "intangible " player I can remember having on the team   Tonight perfect illustration
 It's a roller coaster w him but I think we come out ahead more than not   Crazy player. Fun to have around.

Go Marcus. 😄😄👍👍

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 10:04:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Not no matter the cost. Gotta squezze him for a team friendly deal, IMO. Anything over $10 million a year is too much and even then I think that's too much. The market is bad for him right now. Can't overpay for a bench player.

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 10:04:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
We have enough shooting firepower with Kyrie and Hayward coming back. Smart fits in like tony Allen as a defensive glue piece for a championship run

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 10:09:27 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
At the end of the game - Smart did Smart things. Some amazing defensive contests and a crucial rebound. Kept the team’s composure bringing the ball up when the youngsters were showing some nerves.

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 10:13:47 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Not no matter the cost. Gotta squezze him for a team friendly deal, IMO. Anything over $10 million a year is too much and even then I think that's too much. The market is bad for him right now. Can't overpay for a bench player.

I'd easily pay $15 million. Not sure I'd start there but if that's what he wants. ...
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 10:16:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Cmon Nick.

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 10:16:35 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

well said.  totally unique player, very hard to compare his stats against other players for real value to our team.

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Smart is the only player I have ever seen that can mess up for virtually an entire game and when you're done like 75% of people are like "Yeah we could never have won that without Smart."  He's probably an analytics nightmare (but also maybe a dream come true for math lovers). 

He's either the awesomest bad player in the history of the game or the worst awesome player in the history of the game. Either way that's awesome, right? And when awesome has AWESOME timing.....well then.