Author Topic: Ugh ... not enjoyable reading  (Read 4425 times)

Re: Ugh ... not enjoyable reading
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 07:56:53 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Officiating has been horrible this year. Harden travels 90% of the time he shoots, Gortat's moving picks show better lateral movement than Nate Solder and Philly-Miami is more physical than Wrestlemania

Harden, Giannis, Lebron, travel every single time they make a move.
Not to mention the blatant push-offs.

They also get away with so much remonstrating and crying to the refs. A rookie would get tech'd instantly

Something Scary Terry does all the time. At some point you just let them play because whistling every play is BORING for those you are trying to entertain. Who cares if your team wins if it's a free throw contest. Those complaining about the officials either have amnesia or were born in the 90s.
ok fine

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 08:21:06 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
While I can understand missing some calls, I thought the one on Brown was obvious. As he was the guy with the ball, in an open court, I'm not sure how you miss that one. I mean, what were the refs looking at if not the guy with the ball.
That should have been 2 FT's as opposed to them getting a wide open 3 in transition.
Cost the Celtics the game.
Terrible as far as I'm concerned.

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 09:49:31 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
NBA refs trained at the WWF

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 10:35:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Officiating has been horrible this year. Harden travels 90% of the time he shoots, Gortat's moving picks show better lateral movement than Nate Solder and Philly-Miami is more physical than Wrestlemania

They also get away with so much remonstrating and crying to the refs. A rookie would get tech'd instantly

Something Scary Terry does all the time. At some point you just let them play because whistling every play is BORING for those you are trying to entertain. Who cares if your team wins if it's a free throw contest. Those complaining about the officials either have amnesia or were born in the 90s.
Terry Rozier is nowhere near the level of LeBron nor Giannis. Surely you don't think he is, lol.

And yeah, I'd agree with that - if there was any semblance of consistency whatsoever. The fact that LeBron can drop his shoulder, take 4 steps and plow over a stationary defender and get a blocking foul called while Jaylen Brown gets his arms chopped constantly with no calls is the bothering thing.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 10:37:54 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

Terry Rozier is nowhere near the level of LeBron nor Giannis. Surely you don't think he is, lol.

And yeah, I'd agree with that - if there was any semblance of consistency whatsoever. The fact that LeBron can drop his shoulder, take 4 steps and plow over a stationary defender and get a blocking foul called while Jaylen Brown gets his arms chopped constantly with no calls is the bothering thing.

Who said he's the same just saying he pushes off all the time.
ok fine

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 12:13:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Jaylen got fouled but he also made a young player mistake.  Should have protected the ball better, have to expect that the refs are gonna swallow the whistle in that situation.  If the Celts had just protected the ball in that situation they might have been able to hold on to win.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 12:14:41 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Jaylen got fouled but he also made a young player mistake.  Should have protected the ball better, have to expect that the refs are gonna swallow the whistle in that situation.  If the Celts had just protected the ball in that situation they might have been able to hold on to win.

That's kind how I see it.  We shouldn't be relying on the refs to make the right calls there. 

The smart play would've been to pull back at that juncture.  It was an inexperienced mistake whether Brad would admit it or not. It happens.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Maybe we'll see some make-up calls next game.  I'm not above accepting 'em.
I think they gave us one right after that call.  I don't think Al got fouled when he missed that dunk.  I haven't watched the play closely, but that looked like a make up call to me.

Didn't make up for the 5 point swing though.  That was very costly.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 01:14:00 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I don't know.  I think a veteran does the exact same thing, BUT GETS THE CALL.  So, I guess you can call it a young player mistake, but I don't think he did anything wrong.

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 01:16:15 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Maybe we'll see some make-up calls next game.  I'm not above accepting 'em.
I think they gave us one right after that call.  I don't think Al got fouled when he missed that dunk.  I haven't watched the play closely, but that looked like a make up call to me.

Didn't make up for the 5 point swing though.  That was very costly.

I don't necessarily agree with the premise of this thread (calls were missed both ways) but the foul on the dunk wasn't a make up, it's shown in the report that Maker made contact with Al's arm.