Author Topic: Really Digging The New Featured Utah Jazz Colors & Court  (Read 3436 times)

Really Digging The New Featured Utah Jazz Colors & Court
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:23:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23281824

Was watching Game 3 in my free time and honestly wasn't aware of the Jazz new colors they featured for their first home playoff game this year. But man, it looks awesome!

Video of the Rubio buzzer beater shows a glimpse of the wave of yellow and red in the stands, and I honestly love that logo in the middle of the court.  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Really Digging The New Featured Utah Jazz Colors & Court
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 08:26:56 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
I think it would be perfect for them ... if they weren't called the Jazz and didn't already have a different color scheme that they continue to use. It's like they're trying to be two teams at once.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 08:27:08 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I think it's awesome.  That crowd was crazy last night!  Glad we have Hayward but I'm also happy to see the Jazz in a good spot too.  They are the epitome of a classy organization. 

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 08:30:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think it's awesome.  That crowd was crazy last night!  Glad we have Hayward but I'm also happy to see the Jazz in a good spot too.  They are the epitome of a classy organization.

Yep, love their coach too. Classy guy and one of the elites in the league.

But man those colors and that new court design is pure fire! I was like "WHOA" when I turned on that game and saw it (along with the crowd wearing the yellow and red/orange in the stands).

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 09:11:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Looks like the Heat and the Suns blew a prime opportunity.

I thought the same as the OP when I was watching the game. Cool uniforms, cool court, and cool color coordinated crowd t-shirts...or should I say, HOT! 8)

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 09:16:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I thought the same as the OP when I was watching the game. Cool uniforms, cool court, and cool color coordinated crowd t-shirts...or should I say, HOT! 8)

Yep. I love OKC and NYK as well in terms of color schemes since blue and orange are two of my favorite colors, and so I think OKC's crowd with the color coordination of white and blue is nice to see. Their crowd is electric as well.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 11:12:43 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Yep. I love OKC and NYK as well in terms of color schemes since blue and orange are two of my favorite colors, and so I think OKC's crowd with the color coordination of white and blue is nice to see. Their crowd is electric as well.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but orange and blue is one of my least-favorite color combos (even though orange is my favorite color!). So I've never been high on the Knicks, Mets, or Thunder ... in fact, ever since OKC first announced it's color scheme and logo, I've been waiting for them to change them!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 01:15:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but orange and blue is one of my least-favorite color combos (even though orange is my favorite color!). So I've never been high on the Knicks, Mets, or Thunder ... in fact, ever since OKC first announced it's color scheme and logo, I've been waiting for them to change them!

Well I doubt that's going to happen any time soon.  :P

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Maybe not. But my super-psychic prediction continues to hold true: The Thunder will not win an NBA title until after they've changed their unis and color scheme!  ;D

And I still think Utah needs to axe the whole split-personality thing and make a decision: Are they the Utah Jazz, with their traditional blue/green/yellow? Or are they gonna be the Utah Red Rocks (or some other name along those lines) with the cool new color gradient?

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

Not Rudy Gobert and the Jazz fans who kept dissing Gordon Hayward after he left.

As soon as they beat OKC, they'll disappear in the following round. Although it'd be fun to see Jazz vs Timberwolves round 2. Ricky Rubio vs his former team.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Color schemes matches the state of Utah. Very dry, canyon-like, desert feelings. They just need some salt  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 01:49:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Maybe not. But my super-psychic prediction continues to hold true: The Thunder will not win an NBA title until after they've changed their unis and color scheme!  ;D

And I still think Utah needs to axe the whole split-personality thing and make a decision: Are they the Utah Jazz, with their traditional blue/green/yellow? Or are they gonna be the Utah Red Rocks (or some other name along those lines) with the cool new color gradient?

I'm on team Utah Red Rocks! 

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't know. I have seen my son make better arenas, uniforms and color schemes in 2K18 franchise mode.

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 01:59:47 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I actually don’t like them at all.

Their regular uni’s are much better and the Stockton/Malone era one’s are definitely their best design.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 02:02:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
They should give the Jazz name back to New Orleans and come up with a more appropriate team name.

Any suggestions?