Author Topic: This Feels Similar To The Wizards 2nd Round Series Last Year  (Read 843 times)

This Feels Similar To The Wizards 2nd Round Series Last Year
« on: April 22, 2018, 06:09:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
FIRST TWO GAMES AT TD GARDEN: Celtics win both games to go up 2-0 in the series. One of the games was super close and ended in an OT thriller. The other game was a game the C's won with relative ease (some small drama/tense moments, but for the most part a solid double-digit win).

NEXT TWO GAMES ON THE ROAD: Bucks blow out the Celtics in Game 3. Wizards also blew out the Celtics in Game 3 last year. Now Game 4 was also a blowout win for WAS I believe, but remember Game 6, where it was super close, and the C's had their chances late, but ultimately lost on a game winner by the opposing team's star player. What happened today? Very similar. Game winner by Giannis and C's lose a close one on the road.

Basically, I'm not too worried about our chances just yet. I'm encouraged that the C's rallied back today for sure, because if they mailed it in and got blown out again, there'd be a lot more doubts/concerns before Game 5.

That said, we have to protect home court, and while I predicted Celtics in 6 before the series, I still think the Celtics win the series, but it probably takes 7 games. Idk what it is, but there are large stretches where the C's just play dumb and look completely lost @MIL. Their fans are definitely raucous and it's a great playoff atmosphere, but MIL as a team also seem to play a lot more engaged at home. That's why I think we come back and take Game 5, but taking Game 6 against a desperate MIL team at home will be real tough again.

I think this is a 7 game series (like the Washington series was last year) and in this case, home court will again (hopefully!) make a difference.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: This Feels Similar To The Wizards 2nd Round Series Last Year
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:35:44 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Idk what it is, but there are large stretches where the C's just play dumb and look completely lost @MIL.

I think they're the youngest team in the playoffs. I think that's it.

They showed some resolve in Game 4 despite the loss. If they can take care of business at home, I still feel good about my prediction of Boston in 6.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: This Feels Similar To The Wizards 2nd Round Series Last Year
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 08:41:48 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Idk what it is, but there are large stretches where the C's just play dumb and look completely lost @MIL.

I think they're the youngest team in the playoffs. I think that's it.

They showed some resolve in Game 4 despite the loss. If they can take care of business at home, I still feel good about my prediction of Boston in 6.
The Bucks D was good, probably too agressive , but good. They stopped the ball movement.
That’s when superstars makes the different- but ours are injured.