Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18  (Read 50761 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18
« Reply #900 on: April 22, 2018, 05:40:37 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Looking over the stats, I didn't realize how much we cleaned up the turnovers in the 2nd half.  I think we had 6 at half time.  We only had 8 for the game, which is pretty great.  I know it is a minor point, but you can't come back from 20 if you don't take good care of the ball.  That lesson seems to have stuck.

Certainly a good thing. Now about those dozen other lessons they still need to learn and fast ...

Just trying to push back on the negativity a bit lol....
That comeback was impressive.

LOL, thanks. I appreciate your optimism. Me, I tend to get REALLY negative in these situations, but you're right—cutting back on the turnovers was a main reason they were able to rally. If only they could avoid these 20-point deficits to begin with.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #901 on: April 22, 2018, 05:59:46 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Not that it matters, and I haven't complained about the refs once this series, but I saw another replay of that Brown drive and Middleton clearly got him on the arm. Very frustrating to concede a 5 point swing off a call like that.

« Reply #902 on: April 22, 2018, 06:06:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We’re going to get the NBATV treatment, aren’t we?

I’m guessing Tuesday we’ll be on NBATV at 7:30, Philly/Miami on TNT at 8 and GS/SAS on TNT at 10:30.

We should be on TNT, not the Philly/Miami series.

« Reply #903 on: April 22, 2018, 06:06:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I’m guessing Tuesday we’ll be on NBATV at 7:30, Philly/Miami on TNT at 8 and GS/SAS on TNT at 10:30.

Actually at 7 we play.

« Reply #904 on: April 22, 2018, 06:11:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Wow. Our series is tied 2-2, while the others are 3-1 or 2-1. How the heck does our game end up on NBA TV?

« Reply #905 on: April 22, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Idk, as annoying as it is to hear Chuck trash the Celtics... the Celtics are 2-0 when the have a playoff game aired by TNT, whereas they are 0-2 when ESPN airs it. NBATV just seems too risky.  Superstitions!  :laugh:

But yeah it looks like we're getting NBATV.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #906 on: April 22, 2018, 06:21:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I will say, regardless of that dumbass play call, or whether or not we win/lose this series, I've already seen everything I've needed to out of this playoff run.

All I cared about coming into the playoffs was to see how Tatum/Brown could handle a big role and whether or not Rozier was capable of being a starting caliber playoff PG.

Brown and Tatum have shown me all I need to see to know they are the cornerstones here we need them to be. Rozier has proven he's nothing more than a good backup.  Whatever happens from here on out is irrelevant.  It would be great if Boston can win this series, but if not, I'm not going to be terribly bothered by it.

Let's see what happens in Game 5. It might be that he's simply better at home than on the road, at this point. Still, at least he cleaned up the turnovers. Perhaps we should have just left him on the bench until the 4th quarter, lol.

« Reply #907 on: April 22, 2018, 06:28:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nothing else matters but game 5

« Reply #908 on: April 22, 2018, 06:59:17 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Well, seems like Boston doesn't have the greatest record on national TV, so I'd rather have them playing on the least-watched channel.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #909 on: April 22, 2018, 07:30:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
1) I'd like to hear more about soccer on the radio.

2) I hope the game on Saturday (I'm assuming a game 7) is the late one, since I have Red Sox tickets for the afternoon. My son has gotten baseballs at the last two games we went to (in San Diego and then Arizona; that kid has a four-leaf clover up his word-that-will-get-deleted) and he thinks he'll get another one, so there's no way I'm getting out of that game.

3) Okay, seriously, the Cs didn't lose this game because of a play before halftime, or Brown's turnover or the officiating - In fact, I'm guessing that there is a bucksblog.com somewhere where everyone is writing, "We won that game despite the refs being out to get us." We lost because they shot 52/44/75. We need to go into lockdown mode on defense.

Any way you slice it, I'm psyched for next year. Starting five of Irving/Hayward/Horford/Brown/Tatum? How great does that sound? And for those of you who don't know, each team only gets injured a certain number of times per decade, and since we used up all of our injuries this year, we don't have to worry about any more next year.

Mike

« Reply #910 on: April 22, 2018, 07:48:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Not that it matters, and I haven't complained about the refs once this series, but I saw another replay of that Brown drive and Middleton clearly got him on the arm. Very frustrating to concede a 5 point swing off a call like that.

Brown is not getting the calls that the top scorer in the series should get.

« Reply #911 on: April 22, 2018, 11:25:24 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Leftover thoughts from this game: that play with 40 seconds left where we turned it over shows me a team and a coach that want to win the game with offense, not with defense.

The high percentage play here is to hold the ball, get a good shot, and if you miss -- prepare to defend the last possession. Even call a TO if you have to set up a play (we had 2 in the pocket).

Instead, we opted to force a fast break that wasn't there in the hopes of a basket that would have effectively ended the game. That's not winning basketball right there.
we should have tried run down the clock. The problem is brown thought he saw an open lane so wanted to take advantage

In the heat of the game, we have our young 2nd year player who put up 34 points wanting to go for the kill and get the score that wins the game for us.  He was in the open court trying to make a play at the biggest point of the game.  He gets a pass from me on that.  He was fouled.  Blown call by the ref.

Please provide a video of Jaylen getting fouled on that turnover.   

Thanks much,

Smitty77

« Reply #912 on: April 22, 2018, 11:50:48 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Leftover thoughts from this game: that play with 40 seconds left where we turned it over shows me a team and a coach that want to win the game with offense, not with defense.

The high percentage play here is to hold the ball, get a good shot, and if you miss -- prepare to defend the last possession. Even call a TO if you have to set up a play (we had 2 in the pocket).

Instead, we opted to force a fast break that wasn't there in the hopes of a basket that would have effectively ended the game. That's not winning basketball right there.
we should have tried run down the clock. The problem is brown thought he saw an open lane so wanted to take advantage

In the heat of the game, we have our young 2nd year player who put up 34 points wanting to go for the kill and get the score that wins the game for us.  He was in the open court trying to make a play at the biggest point of the game.  He gets a pass from me on that.  He was fouled.  Blown call by the ref.

Please provide a video of Jaylen getting fouled on that turnover.   

Thanks much,

Smitty77

ABC played a replay of the play from a different angle after coming back from commercial and it looked pretty clear that Middleton raked Brown across the arm.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #913 on: April 23, 2018, 12:08:44 AM »

• Satch Sanders
1) I'd like to hear more about soccer on the radio.

2) I hope the game on Saturday (I'm assuming a game 7) is the late one, since I have Red Sox tickets for the afternoon. My son has gotten baseballs at the last two games we went to (in San Diego and then Arizona; that kid has a four-leaf clover up his word-that-will-get-deleted) and he thinks he'll get another one, so there's no way I'm getting out of that game.

3) Okay, seriously, the Cs didn't lose this game because of a play before halftime, or Brown's turnover or the officiating - In fact, I'm guessing that there is a bucksblog.com somewhere where everyone is writing, "We won that game despite the refs being out to get us." We lost because they shot 52/44/75. We need to go into lockdown mode on defense.

Any way you slice it, I'm psyched for next year. Starting five of Irving/Hayward/Horford/Brown/Tatum? How great does that sound? And for those of you who don't know, each team only gets injured a certain number of times per decade, and since we used up all of our injuries this year, we don't have to worry about any more next year.

Mike

Over the last decade, the Cs have had enough injuries for several decades. And going forward, I'm operating with the expectation that the Cs will have a new batch of injuries to deal with next season.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #914 on: April 23, 2018, 01:31:09 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Without him we would have been completely blown out in the first half, wouldn't have even needed to think about coming back.

It stings a lot. But better here than a year from now when it actually matters.

And how about Jaylen going neck in neck against Giannis.