Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18  (Read 50721 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18
« Reply #885 on: April 22, 2018, 04:13:03 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So anyone know what time the game on Tuesday will be?

Guessing early with the sixers game to follow

« Reply #886 on: April 22, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Disappointing that they chose to go to Morris on the most important possession of the game.  Not getting the ball in the hands of Horford, Brown, or Tatum is a mistake, plain and simple.

I don't think he was the first option, though.

Surely Brad wanted to get that to anyone else, but the Bucks made sure that it couldn't get there. Morris had the entire right side to himself. With no timeouts left, you're left with no choice.

You could get a far worse shot for what was most likely a third option.  No problems with it.

It was not a third option. At best it was a 1B option.

But what makes it even better - Rozier was the 1A option. Morris and Rozier were a combined 7-25 at that point in the game....

That's fair.

But also to be fair, Rozier has a habit of making big shots. He might be struggling in this game, but his history tells us that he could handle those late game moments.

The Morris play was weird for me, but I didn't mind because he had a clear side for him to work. What bugged me was he took his sweet time to do it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #887 on: April 22, 2018, 04:18:09 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
THIS IS SUCH EFFING BS! HOW IS THAT NOT A FOUL FOR BROWN?!

Brown totally should have held it, but he had his arm ripped away from the ball and they just let it slide. This then led to the wide-open Brogdon 3. That is a 5 point swing and the reason we lost this game.

And I know, I know, if we had played better earlier in the game, then we wouldn't have needed that play, but we didn't and we lost a game that we should have won.

Yeah. It was clearly a foul on Brown that was missed (Ed Maloy is such a d bag), but we have to know to not push it there.

And ultimately that was on Rozier. It's the point guard's job to control the game in that manner, and him pushing it up to Brown on the break ultimately allowed this to happen. He should've pulled it back out and slowed it down. Honestly, just doing that probably wins us this game.

Rozier's terrible BBIQ once again kills us down the stretch.
Im not sure brown made a mistake.  He was in the open court where he is lethal and worst case scenario, he gets fouled.  We were only up one and would have had to work to get a shot.  Take the points if you can get them. 

Unfortunately, worse case scenario was actually brown getting fouled and the refs not calling it.

If Brown got all the free throws he was entitled to, he would've scored at least 40 and The Celtics would've won the game.

You'd think the league would want to showcase promising young talent like Brown. But he doesn't get much respect so far in his career.

If he were on the Lakers he'd have gotten 20FT's.

« Reply #888 on: April 22, 2018, 04:18:34 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Anyone remember the 2008 Championship team not winning a game in ATL in the first round? Took 7 to beat them. I’m not saying this team is a title contender, but it’s just time to take it to the Bucks back at home.

That team we had PP34, KG, and Ray Allen in their primes complemented by the likes of James Posey, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Leon Powe, and Eddie House.
Exactly! And they still couldn’t beat a 37 win Hawks team. Just saying it’s hard to win a road playoff game.

« Reply #889 on: April 22, 2018, 04:19:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Brown totally should have held it, but he had his arm ripped away from the ball and they just let it slide. This then led to the wide-open Brogdon 3. That is a 5 point swing and the reason we lost this game.

And I know, I know, if we had played better earlier in the game, then we wouldn't have needed that play, but we didn't and we lost a game that we should have won.

Yeah. It was clearly a foul on Brown that was missed (Ed Maloy is such a d bag), but we have to know to not push it there.

And ultimately that was on Rozier. It's the point guard's job to control the game in that manner, and him pushing it up to Brown on the break ultimately allowed this to happen. He should've pulled it back out and slowed it down. Honestly, just doing that probably wins us this game.

Im not sure brown made a mistake.  He was in the open court where he is lethal and worst case scenario, he gets fouled.  We were only up one and would have had to work to get a shot.  Take the points if you can get them. 

Unfortunately, worse case scenario was actually brown getting fouled and the refs not calling it.

If Brown got all the free throws he was entitled to, he would've scored at least 40 and The Celtics would've won the game.
And if he got calls like Harden, Lebron and Giannis he might have gone for 46-50

« Reply #890 on: April 22, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

To be fair I thought the C's hesitated a tiny bit , for a split second they looked unsure of whether they should push it or not.

that hesitation was costly and enabled the Bucks to make a play on the ball, even if it was a hack. With more experience hopefully we'll be more decisive.

« Reply #891 on: April 22, 2018, 04:22:48 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Anyone remember the 2008 Championship team not winning a game in ATL in the first round? Took 7 to beat them. I’m not saying this team is a title contender, but it’s just time to take it to the Bucks back at home.

IIRC we didn't win a road game until the ECF against the Pistons.  It was really strange for a team comprised of solid veterans.

The thing about young players is that they usually play better at home.  That's been true of the Bucks and it's been true of us this series - well except for Jaylen.  Tatum was better today.  The other youngsters have been pretty bad.  Hopefully we get more out of Rozier and our bench in game 5.

« Reply #892 on: April 22, 2018, 04:56:20 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Leftover thoughts from this game: that play with 40 seconds left where we turned it over shows me a team and a coach that want to win the game with offense, not with defense.

The high percentage play here is to hold the ball, get a good shot, and if you miss -- prepare to defend the last possession. Even call a TO if you have to set up a play (we had 2 in the pocket).

Instead, we opted to force a fast break that wasn't there in the hopes of a basket that would have effectively ended the game. That's not winning basketball right there.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #893 on: April 22, 2018, 05:00:41 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Leftover thoughts from this game: that play with 40 seconds left where we turned it over shows me a team and a coach that want to win the game with offense, not with defense.

The high percentage play here is to hold the ball, get a good shot, and if you miss -- prepare to defend the last possession. Even call a TO if you have to set up a play (we had 2 in the pocket).

Instead, we opted to force a fast break that wasn't there in the hopes of a basket that would have effectively ended the game. That's not winning basketball right there.
we should have tried run down the clock. The problem is brown thought he saw an open lane so wanted to take advantage

« Reply #894 on: April 22, 2018, 05:05:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

we should have tried run down the clock. The problem is brown thought he saw an open lane so wanted to take advantage
What open lane, he's going 1 on 3 there. There's also a coach right there that should have called the TO to stop this dumpster fire. Gah!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #895 on: April 22, 2018, 05:07:22 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

In the heat of the game, we have our young 2nd year player who put up 34 points wanting to go for the kill and get the score that wins the game for us.  He was in the open court trying to make a play at the biggest point of the game.  He gets a pass from me on that.  He was fouled.  Blown call by the ref.

« Reply #896 on: April 22, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Looking over the stats, I didn't realize how much we cleaned up the turnovers in the 2nd half.  I think we had 6 at half time.  We only had 8 for the game, which is pretty great.  I know it is a minor point, but you can't come back from 20 if you don't take good care of the ball.  That lesson seems to have stuck.

« Reply #897 on: April 22, 2018, 05:32:07 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Looking over the stats, I didn't realize how much we cleaned up the turnovers in the 2nd half.  I think we had 6 at half time.  We only had 8 for the game, which is pretty great.  I know it is a minor point, but you can't come back from 20 if you don't take good care of the ball.  That lesson seems to have stuck.

Certainly a good thing. Now about those dozen other lessons they still need to learn and fast ...
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #898 on: April 22, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Our second-year player and our rookie almost lead us to a huge playoff game comeback win on the road in a series in which we were up 2-1 and our point guard couldn't hit the ocean. We'll be ok.

« Reply #899 on: April 22, 2018, 05:33:52 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Certainly a good thing. Now about those dozen other lessons they still need to learn and fast ...

Just trying to push back on the negativity a bit lol....
That comeback was impressive.