Poll

Assuming Ayton is #1 pick, who do you want to draft with Lakers pick?

Bagley
17 (35.4%)
Doncic
16 (33.3%)
Bamba
6 (12.5%)
Trade down for future pick & select the available of (bamba, jackson, porter, or Carter)
9 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: If the Laker pick conveys at 2 or 3, who do you want? (poll)  (Read 7000 times)

Re: If the Laker pick conveys at 2 or 3, who do you want? (poll)
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 04:11:07 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Also this would be alot more fun if there was a more than 2% chance if it happening. Maybe Ainge will go big and put together a Rozier/Sac package for a big that falls into that back half if the lottery. A young big with length is really the last piece we need in our rebuild
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:48:22 AM by keevsnick »

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2018, 04:23:41 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I might literally have a heart attack if we could snag Ayton in the draft. That’d be too perfect.

I have been wondering about potentially moving up to the mid lottery area for a big if the pick doesn’t convey. I have my eyes on Bamba, as I could see a couple of teams passing on him or not being thrilled about taking him.

Depending on the team, I wonder if something like the Sacramento pick, our pick this year, and Rozier (I might even add the Clippers pick if need be, too) would be enough to move up to around the 5-8 range to select Bamba. He needs some development time, but he’d fill a really big need at C for us for a long time moving forward, along with having the potential to deal with Embiid down the road after putting on size.

Imagine a lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Bamba once Horford’s contract expires!  :o

This years draft has a lot of cream at the top. It's going to be near impossible to move into the top half of the draft.

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 05:06:40 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I seriously would take Mo Bamba second behind Deandre Ayton.
His wingspan + fluidity for a big man are just ridiculus, furthermore he is a very smart defender and can defend every position. I know his offense is a work in progress, but his jumper looks smooth so I'm optimistic.
If he puts it all together he could be perennial DPOY who can space the floor and finishes in the paint.
He could become the next Rudy Gobert, Dikembe Mutumbo, Manute Bol or dare I say Bill Russel?  :o

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 03:25:06 AM by DrJasper »
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2018, 05:27:00 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Ainge would trade down to 4 or 5 and get another lottery pick next year.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
AYTON

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2018, 06:11:02 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Also this would be alot more fun if there was a more than 2% chance if it happening. Maybe Ainge will go big and put together a Rozier/Sac package for a big that falls into that back half if the lottery. A young.big with length is really the last price we need in our rebuild

It’s more than a 2% chance.

It’s ... 2.9%!!

https://youtu.be/zMRrNY0pxfM

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2018, 06:15:19 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
While I think Doncic is the best player in the draft and would love him or Ayton, if I'm being honest I could see Danny drafting Mo Bamba because he's already a defensive nightmare for teams and he can become Dikembe 2.0.  That being said we all know Danny isn't conventional and would probably draft someone we'd never expect LOL.

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2018, 08:32:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
While I think Doncic is the best player in the draft and would love him or Ayton, if I'm being honest I could see Danny drafting Mo Bamba because he's already a defensive nightmare for teams and he can become Dikembe 2.0.  That being said we all know Danny isn't conventional and would probably draft someone we'd never expect LOL.
That high in the draft Ainge is picking best player available. If he feels Doncic is the best player, he is not gonna care if Mamba has Dikembe potential or Ayton has Towns potential or Jackson has Chris Webber with better defense potential. If he feels Doncic has higher upside and will be the best player, that's who he is taking.

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2018, 08:49:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'll say it again if Ayton is gone Michael Porter, Jr. is the correct pick. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2018, 10:21:25 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Does anyone actually believe that this will happen? I mean, I know that the lottery machine loves the Lakers, but still. It would take a Derrick Rose to Chicago let's say "miracle" ;) ::) for any of this to actually occur, lol.

That said, it would be beyond hilarious if the pick were to somehow convey, but I doubt it.

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2018, 11:28:15 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Package it and trade for zinger and future pick.

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2018, 11:30:54 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Does anyone actually believe that this will happen? I mean, I know that the lottery machine loves the Lakers, but still. It would take a Derrick Rose to Chicago let's say "miracle" ;) ::) for any of this to actually occur, lol.

That said, it would be beyond hilarious if the pick were to somehow convey, but I doubt it.

Nope.  The lottery is super fixed, proven by science.  Cleveland hasn't had #1 in a while, right?  Once LBJ leaves they'll be due. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2018, 01:15:08 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
His wingspan + fluidity for a big man are just ridiculus, furthermore he is a very smart defender and can defend every position. I know his offense is a work in progress, but his jumpers looks smooth so I'm optimistic.
If he puts it all together he could be perennial DPOY who can space the floor and finishes in the paint.
He could become the next Rudy Gobert, Dikembe Mutumbo, Manute Bol or dare I say Bill Russel?  :o

Sold me. 

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2018, 01:55:23 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Imagine the pick conveys.

And when you look at our roster. We'd have Kyrie/Hayward/Horford. Brown/Tatum/Rozier. And now you add one of those 5 or 6 big talents from this draft.

Dynasty, baby. Multiple titles for years to come.  :angel:

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2018, 03:30:54 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
His wingspan + fluidity for a big man are just ridiculus, furthermore he is a very smart defender and can defend every position. I know his offense is a work in progress, but his jumpers looks smooth so I'm optimistic.

Sold me.

Haha Tp! But man do I hate the lakers right now... If we get the 2nd or 3rd pick I'll never complain about the draft beeing rigged again  ;D
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd