Poll

Assuming Ayton is #1 pick, who do you want to draft with Lakers pick?

Bagley
17 (35.4%)
Doncic
16 (33.3%)
Bamba
6 (12.5%)
Trade down for future pick & select the available of (bamba, jackson, porter, or Carter)
9 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: If the Laker pick conveys at 2 or 3, who do you want? (poll)  (Read 6963 times)

If the Laker pick conveys at 2 or 3, who do you want? (poll)
« on: April 21, 2018, 10:18:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Assuming Ayton is the #1 pick (as he is in most mocks) personally keep switching between Bagley and Doncic. Bagley is a great switch defender and all around offensive player, but Doncic dominated euro league which is harder than d1... And he is also a well rounded player

The other option I thought was we can Trade down a few spots for a future pick and select the available player out of bamba, jackson,  or Carter. The rookie contact would be slightly cheaper but these players are still great options. And getting a future pick is Ainges favorite hobby
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 10:29:04 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: If the Laker pick conveys at 2 or 3, who do you want? (poll)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 10:24:41 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Doncic. Not even close. We're talking about proven elite professional basketball player.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 10:26:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Doncic. Not even close. We're talking about proven elite professional basketball player.
I agree. the guy is unquestionably going to be a great nba player, and would be nice for him to learn the art and handles of the elite point guard from kyrie. Doncic with a little kyrie handles and a "little marcus smart defensive instinct" might be a beast.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 10:31:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yep. He looks like he’s going to be monstrously good. Already is in probably the second best league in the world, and he’s a teenager.

'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 10:46:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think I would prefer to trade down, get the lower $ contract, and pick up Porter or Bamba. I am still pretty sure Porter will be the best player in the draft, but that's probably just because I am stuck on last year's rankings.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 11:13:51 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Doncic.or.bust.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 11:18:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
Doncic.or.bust.

It looks like Donic to me too but I'm sure Danny and his scouts know best.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 11:25:27 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If we retain Smart then trade down. If Smart is gone go with Doncic

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 11:26:54 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd love Doncic if he's available, but part of me wonders how he'd fit with Hayward, Tatum, and Brown already having the 3 wing spots locked down.

I realize that can be classified under 'first world problems', and you're probably better off to just take the the BPA and figure it out later, but eventually someone would likely end up unhappy with their minutes and role.

I'd almost be inclined to think if Boston ends up with the #2 pick a trade down a few spots for additional assets might not be the better choice.  Either that, or use the #2 pick in a package for a superstar.

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 11:44:17 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Ayton is like the perfect addition to this current young core. I’d try to trade up and even give up the Memphis pick to move up a slot or two to select Ayton.

If not, take Doncic and figure it out later.  He’s unbelievably good at basketball and a proven winner at only 19.  His resume is insane and his basketball iq is generational.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 11:52:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Ayton is like the perfect addition to this current young core. I’d try to trade up and even give up the Memphis pick to move up a slot or two to select Ayton.

If not, take Doncic and figure it out later.  He’s unbelievably good at basketball and a proven winner at only 19.  His resume is insane and his basketball iq is generational.

Based on the return Boston just got for trading out of the #1 pick, I don't see the Cetlics having the disposable assets necessary to trade up to #1.

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 11:59:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Based on the return Boston just got for trading out of the #1 pick, I don't see the Cetlics having the disposable assets necessary to trade up to #1.
its an interesting proposition. We have 2 to 4 first round picks in 2019, and 1 first rounder in 2019. Our team could get clogged with too many players soon so consolidation might be needed. We have multiple backup guards and a bench full of players.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 12:13:57 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 548
I'm not 100% convinced Ayton will be the #1 pick. He's the smart bet, but it wouldn't shock me if Doncic is the pick. Assuming Ayton is off the board I'd consider Jaren Jackson, perfect modern NBA big with shot blocking and 3 pnt ability.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 12:40:30 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd love Doncic if he's available, but part of me wonders how he'd fit with Hayward, Tatum, and Brown already having the 3 wing spots locked down.

I realize that can be classified under 'first world problems', and you're probably better off to just take the the BPA and figure it out later, but eventually someone would likely end up unhappy with their minutes and role.

I'd almost be inclined to think if Boston ends up with the #2 pick a trade down a few spots for additional assets might not be the better choice.  Either that, or use the #2 pick in a package for a superstar.

He looks well-suited to be a PG.  With Kyrie's injury history and the upcoming FA of Smart/Rozier, he'd be a nice luxury to bring along slowly.  Maybe he'll even get the Yips.  We'd then have a core that could functional well on or off the ball, too. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 12:42:57 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm not 100% convinced Ayton will be the #1 pick. He's the smart bet, but it wouldn't shock me if Doncic is the pick. Assuming Ayton is off the board I'd consider Jaren Jackson, perfect modern NBA big with shot blocking and 3 pnt ability.
Yeah, he could be awesome. Was arguably the best rim protector in the NCAA and will still be 18 come draft day. Bucket loads of potential
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)