Author Topic: Don't put restrictions on kids': Calipari's one-and-done stance is dead on  (Read 931 times)

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article209493694.html

"Kids should be able to go (to the NBA) out of high school. If they want to go out of high school, go. If they want to go to college and then leave, let them leave when they want to leave. Why would we force a kid to stay?"
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline SaCaCh

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
They should be able to do anything. Go to the NBA if drafted, if not go to college and play. Go to the G-League and play, if it doesn't work out, go to college and play. Bust out of the NBA before ever going to college? Go to college and STILL be able to play. Who cares? What am I missing? If a rich kid can play in college why can't someone who left the G-League or NBA? What did they or are they gaining?

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Apparently the NBA can make the rules to protect themselves, which is why the rule is there.  I don’t have a problem with it.  So yeah, kids can mostly do whatever they want.  But there is not god given right to play in the NBA.  Plenty of jobs require certain credentials for a person to be eligible.