Poll

How confident you feel;  Cs beat Philly in 2nd round?

No Problem; Very confident
16 (11.7%)
Looks very possible; Mostly confident
60 (43.8%)
Unlikely; Not very confident
54 (39.4%)
We are going to get creamed; Not a chance
7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: POLL: How confident do you feel; Cs beat Philly in 2nd round?  (Read 9929 times)

Re: POLL: How confident do you feel; Cs beat Philly in 2nd round?
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2018, 02:01:29 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Never count out the Celtics!  This is one of the most resilient group of players that I have ever seen and Coach Stevens has been absolutely brilliant as well, genius level game planning and game management.  One man goes down, next one steps up!

Oh and we just got Jaylen Brown back.  Up 2-0 now.  We have a hell of a good chance to finish off the Sixers and advance to the Conference Finals!

Honestly the Celtics look hungrier than the Sixers in this series.  Watch for the pundits to be upset when their predictions get upended by our underdog C's!!

OMG Antoine Walker just said on tv that the Sixers will win in 5 after the Celtics whipped the Sixers in game 1.  ****?!

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2018, 02:31:08 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Celtics in 5, it's #ringszn baby 8)
Ayyyy
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2018, 09:16:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Guessing the confidence meter might be a little different now

Funny how the media influences our confidence. All we heard day in and out from espn is that Simmons is magic johnson 2.0 and embiid is hakeem. Now what? We got confetti for a 76er loss lol

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2018, 09:21:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I underestimated the lack of experience on the part of Philly's top players and coach.

That was my question about them winning so many regular season games and making it this far in the first place.

Shoulda stuck with my instincts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2018, 02:55:05 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
A playoff series does not start until you win on the road. The Celtics' playoff series just started.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2018, 07:46:27 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
A playoff series does not start until you win on the road. The Celtics' playoff series just started.
You mean, the Bucks series is not over yet?  lol

After Game 2, I thought the C's would win in 7 games, now after beating the Sixers on the road, it looks like 5 games will do it.  Very confident.

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2018, 08:01:43 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Tatum is taking it to a higher level.  He is the difference in the Philly series.  KUDOS!

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2018, 08:16:49 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I never, ever feel confident about winning a series.  Even now with the consensus here being C’s in 5, I can’t help think The Sixers have the shooters to come into the garden and steal Game 5.  Then it will be looking like a 7 game series again.

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2018, 09:18:03 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
so, the series with milwaukee ended, but never started??  ;)

anyway, i confess to a lack of faith, a shortage of belief, an absence of confidence at the start of this series. i hoped the celtics would win, but i hedged my bets so as to limit the pain in case of a loss. forgive me fellow followers of the green.  :-[

sigh. i confess to you, my brothers and sisters, that i have sinned and lacked true faith. and i ask of you, my brothers and sisters and various dieties, to pray for the celtics as they go forth to stomp the snot out of the sixers.

a sweep is possible, very very possible.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2018, 12:58:20 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
so, the series with milwaukee ended, but never started??  ;)

anyway, i confess to a lack of faith, a shortage of belief, an absence of confidence at the start of this series. i hoped the celtics would win, but i hedged my bets so as to limit the pain in case of a loss. forgive me fellow followers of the green.  :-[

sigh. i confess to you, my brothers and sisters, that i have sinned and lacked true faith. and i ask of you, my brothers and sisters and various dieties, to pray for the celtics as they go forth to stomp the snot out of the sixers.

a sweep is possible, very very possible.  ;D

LOL the Bucks series never happened  ;)

Man, the sky is the limit now. Please just win Game 4 and then punch the Cavs in the mouth.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2018, 02:20:37 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I underestimated the lack of experience on the part of Philly's top players and coach.

That was my question about them winning so many regular season games and making it this far in the first place.

Shoulda stuck with my instincts.

The Miami series is what changed the thinking. They breezed past that veteran Miami team making us all think, "No wait, they're ready now." But maybe Miami was more dysfunctional than/not as good as we thought.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008