Poll

How confident you feel;  Cs beat Philly in 2nd round?

No Problem; Very confident
16 (11.7%)
Looks very possible; Mostly confident
60 (43.8%)
Unlikely; Not very confident
54 (39.4%)
We are going to get creamed; Not a chance
7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: POLL: How confident do you feel; Cs beat Philly in 2nd round?  (Read 10004 times)

Re: POLL: How confident do you feel; Cs beat Philly in 2nd round?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2018, 07:41:53 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If we had Brown at full strength, I'd feel better. But we are worse with out him on D. One less guy to throw at Simmons.

Hopefully he just needs to have a couple days rest and will be ready by Thursday. I'd be happy getting one of the two first home games with our injuries. Let Brown get healthy an see if we can make a series out of this.

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2018, 08:09:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We may get swept , but Smart will leave it all on the court too. 

Remember NBA doesn't like sweeps that don't have the Celtics being on the receiving end.  We might get a little back door help.  ;)
Fixed it for you ;)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2018, 08:35:23 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'll wait to find out whats going on with JB if he can come back close to 100% than I feel good about it.

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2018, 08:53:52 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I am having a hard time convincing myself that the Sixers are all that much better than the Bucks.  Is Embiid better than Greek F?  Simmons is probably better than Middleton but not a better scoring option.  The Sixers seem to be the hotter team for sure and did have a better record overall than the Bucks but it should be pretty evenly matched I would think.

Game 1 is important.  We don't want to give away home court.

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Depends on if/when Brown comes back.

If he's back by Game2, Celtics have a legit chance of winning this series.  If not, I don't like the C's chances at all.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2018, 10:30:38 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
We match up pretty well with them.

Al Horford guards Embiid very well. We have a bunch of options on Simmons, and a lot of long and fast wings that can track down spot up shooters. I'd be happiest with Ojeleye on Simmons, but Brown and Smart should be OK on him as well.

Historically, Saric has been our major problem because we don't have a second Al Horford and we can't have a main lineup with Baynes and Ojeleye (the offense will come to a halt) -- I don't even think Baynes can guard either of these guys.

We're going to have to throw Tatum at him and hope for the best. Ojeleye is the best bet on Simmons. Horford on Embiid, Rozier or Smart on Redick, Brown or Morris on Covington and Tatum on Saric.

I like our starting lineup to be:
Rozier
Brown (Smart)
Ojeleye
Tatum
Horford

with Morris and Smart off the bench. I don't see much playing time for Baynes this series. The Sixers are just a nightmare matchup for him.

I think game 1 is going to be a big indicator for the result of the series.
If the C's win, I think C's in 7.
If the Sixers win, I think Sixers in 6.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 10:39:18 AM by Erik »

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2018, 10:32:07 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Nervous, but I've thought all along that the Cs can beat any team in the East playoffs in a 7 game series.

I like our potential to make them take shots they are uncomfortable taking, but I am less confident in our potential to get good shots every time.

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2018, 10:48:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I am having a hard time convincing myself that the Sixers are all that much better than the Bucks.  Is Embiid better than Greek F?  Simmons is probably better than Middleton but not a better scoring option.  The Sixers seem to be the hotter team for sure and did have a better record overall than the Bucks but it should be pretty evenly matched I would think.

The Sixers are a much better team than the Bucks.  They have more top end talent (i.e. 2 to 1 on legit stars), they have better role players, and the role players fit much better with their 2 stars.  They also have a much better coach.  Bret Brown is the one coach left in the East that can legitimately match Stevens on an in game adjustment basis. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2018, 11:06:16 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

The Sixers are a much better team than the Bucks.  They have more top end talent (i.e. 2 to 1 on legit stars), they have better role players, and the role players fit much better with their 2 stars.  They also have a much better coach.  Bret Brown is the one coach left in the East that can legitimately match Stevens on an in game adjustment basis.

I like how you just multiply Giannis x 2 to get Simmons and Embiid as if they're remotely equal and completely dismiss how effective Middleton was. The Bucks played better than the Sixers are playing (and I believe CAN play).

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2018, 11:10:38 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
50 percent

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think the 76ers will win in 6. They're a much better defensive team than the Bucks and the C's often couldn't score against the Bucks.

Feels like a series were we get 2 wins at home when the 76ers turn it over too much and/or the C's hit their 3s. Then the rest of the games we just get grinded down and cannot answer the 76ers runs.

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2018, 11:37:34 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Not very confident with this current Celtic roster. Now with Brown gimpy...

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2018, 11:40:05 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sixers in 6.

Teams split the first two games, Philly holds home court, Boston wins Game 5 at home, Philly closes at home in Game 6.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2018, 11:48:12 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
It will come down to if the C's can score.  One of Embiid or Simmons will get theirs.  I believe Horford will guard Simmons because as he goes so does their offense.  The sixers do not have a Middleton and that is what will help the C's.  I think if Horford can do a good job on Simmons and Baynes can force Embiid to take tough shots the C's win in 6 if they can score 103 a night.  It will be tough and the sixers have some confidence from that easy 1st round series but you just can't count out this C's team against anyone.

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I think the 76ers will win in 6. They're a much better defensive team than the Bucks and the C's often couldn't score against the Bucks.

Feels like a series were we get 2 wins at home when the 76ers turn it over too much and/or the C's hit their 3s. Then the rest of the games we just get grinded down and cannot answer the 76ers runs.

This is the series where Smart becomes Eddie House!