Author Topic: My Creation From A Year Ago Looks Genius Now (Props to Danny)!  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Made this meme a little more than a year ago when talking trades for stars and using Rozier as "filler/sweetener"  :laugh:

Me and Roy have also posted this on a bunch of trade idea threads over the past year as well when people would post and suggest trade packages/ideas with Rozier involved (for guys like Butler, George, etc. etc.)  :P

But LOL, the guy actually looks like a stud now. Jaylen and Rozier EACH look better than Jimmy Buckets, and hell, Rozier is having a much better playoffs than Lilliard (WOW).

Again, I bow down to Ainge and his genius :angel:

He was right, and he saw the potential in Terry when no one did. Whether we keep him long term or not (I hope there's someway we can keep BOTH Smart + Rozier), I'm enjoying the Scary Terry experience  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: My Creation From A Year Ago Looks Genius Now (Props to Danny)!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Self-promotion is obnoxious, phantom.  Next you'll be giving yourself verbal TPs.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 02:25:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Self-promotion is obnoxious, phantom.  Next you'll be giving yourself verbal TPs.

8)

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 02:27:50 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

8)

I haven't really looked.  Do we have cap space to resign him within reason?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

8)

All I know is we have the Bird Rights of Smart and Rozier. So technically we could, but it's all up to Wyc and if he wants to go well into the tax or not. If not, then it's either Smart or Rozier. I don't see Smart netting a big contract this summer though, while Rozier's stock has risen a ton. But maybe Ainge prefers Rozier to Smart. Ideally, Smart re-signs for below average here, and we also keep Rozier at a modest rate. 

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I wouldn't say that Danny was the only person who saw potential in Terry.  When the ridiculous thread was made calling Terry the worst rotational player in basketball there were many people here defending him at the start of the season.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 03:38:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wait, someone was/is going to give us a superstar for Rozier?  ;D ;D ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 03:57:39 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I wouldn't say that Danny was the only person who saw potential in Terry. ...

On draft night both Hou and Chi were not happy we took him.

Cool, too (thanks, DA) that he turned out to be in the top 6-7 of that draft.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Celtics first pick in the past 4 drafts: Smart, Rozier, Brown, Tatum. That's a pretty good run.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Celtics first pick in the past 4 drafts: Smart, Rozier, Brown, Tatum. That's a pretty good run.

But we passed on the Greek Freak so Danny will suck at drafting for ever and ever and ever.

/sarcasm
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 06:24:46 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

8)

All I know is we have the Bird Rights of Smart and Rozier. So technically we could, but it's all up to Wyc and if he wants to go well into the tax or not. If not, then it's either Smart or Rozier. I don't see Smart netting a big contract this summer though, while Rozier's stock has risen a ton. But maybe Ainge prefers Rozier to Smart. Ideally, Smart re-signs for below average here, and we also keep Rozier at a modest rate.

That is some serious wishful thinking.  Other than the fact we can't afford both, once Hayward is back there aren't enough minutes for everyone. 

Terry with one year left on his rookie deal, who comes with RFA right of first refusal, and will likely get a contract offer we won't match, will never be more valuable to the Celtics than he will be this offseason.  Sell high.  Retain the cheaper bench guy, Smart. 

Otherwise some dumb team is gonna offer him a max and we have to let him go for nothing, or sign and trade for another one year rental. Right now he can garner us a pick in the 10-15 range who we can develop and have a on a rookie contract for the next 4 years! 

This is about building a 10 year contender, folks!

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 07:05:58 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623

8)

That is some serious wishful thinking.  Other than the fact we can't afford both, once Hayward is back there aren't enough minutes for everyone. 

Terry with one year left on his rookie deal, who comes with RFA right of first refusal, and will likely get a contract offer we won't match, will never be more valuable to the Celtics than he will be this offseason.  Sell high.  Retain the cheaper bench guy, Smart. 

Otherwise some dumb team is gonna offer him a max and we have to let him go for nothing, or sign and trade for another one year rental. Right now he can garner us a pick in the 10-15 range who we can develop and have a on a rookie contract for the next 4 years! 

This is about building a 10 year contender, folks!

I understand about value but I think we should try and be locked and loaded for next year. I would rather have 1 year of Terry than some future prospects that might some day be as good as Terry or some average veteran. We should just enjoy the ride next year with him and let him walk if need be. (cost of doing business) While we still need to draft well, focusing on winning now is where we are at for hopefully the next 10 years.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 07:14:37 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Made this meme a little more than a year ago when talking trades for stars and using Rozier as "filler/sweetener"  :laugh:

Me and Roy have also posted this on a bunch of trade idea threads over the past year as well when people would post and suggest trade packages/ideas with Rozier involved (for guys like Butler, George, etc. etc.)  :P

But LOL, the guy actually looks like a stud now. Jaylen and Rozier EACH look better than Jimmy Buckets, and hell, Rozier is having a much better playoffs than Lilliard (WOW).

Again, I bow down to Ainge and his genius :angel:

He was right, and he saw the potential in Terry when no one did. Whether we keep him long term or not (I hope there's someway we can keep BOTH Smart + Rozier), I'm enjoying the Scary Terry experience  ;D
I've been spreading it all over Discord 🤣
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 07:28:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
yeah ...if N. O.  s GM got down on his knees and begged

Id trade Rozier for Davis ...

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 07:47:06 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

I'll give him the Tommy Point. Good post. And I'll promote it.
The PG position in the NBA requires playing time. Rozier still has alot to learn. But he is talented. And it has been fun watching him grow.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-