Author Topic: Did NBA agenda just show its' ugly head?  (Read 9728 times)

Re: Did NBA agenda just show its' ugly head?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 06:45:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The NBA refs are terrible at best.   They blow calls, let the stars travels and get away with all kinds of stuff.   Sometimes they seem to favor a team over another.   Instant replay exposes them to all kinds of justifiable scrutiny.  They also seem to subsidize certain players with FTAs when they are having an off night.   Stuff like this just reinforces the rigged league narrative.

Call it the same way for both teams.   I don't care if they call a tight call as long as it applied to both sides evenly.   It rarely does, and they love to call fouls on one team and balance it out with FTAs in the end when it does not matter and the game is out of hand.  This crap just throws fire to the conspiracies.   I just think they are fans (hence the star calls) and are just really bad at what they do.  Some of them have histories of getting personal with the players when they should be impersonal refs.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 07:21:04 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The NBA refs are terrible at best.   They blow calls, let the stars travels and get away with all kinds of stuff.   Sometimes they seem to favor a team over another.   Instant replay exposes them to all kinds of justifiable scrutiny.  They also seem to subsidize certain players with FTAs when they are having an off night.   Stuff like this just reinforces the rigged league narrative.

Call it the same way for both teams.   I don't care if they call a tight call as long as it applied to both sides evenly.   It rarely does, and they love to call fouls on one team and balance it out with FTAs in the end when it does not matter and the game is out of hand.  This crap just throws fire to the conspiracies.   I just think they are fans (hence the star calls) and are just really bad at what they do.  Some of them have histories of getting personal with the players when they should be impersonal refs.

well put.     The blatant favor shown to stars is ridiculous, it's so unprofessional.   Lebron is absolute worst .  All this purposeful ignoring the BASIC rules of basketball ,  brings the sport down in my eyes.  Rules are what makes playing difficult and interesting and requires more skill . Melo walks with the ball practically every time he touches it.  Far too few offensive fouls are called.   Lebron clears out everybody with his arm on every drive ...like he is a fullback in the NFL.   Harden carries the ball every trip down court. On and on .  Make the calls .  Clean it up.

Street ball would be cut down , if the rules were actually enforced . Team ball and passing become more strategic tools to get good looks , instead of Lebron breaking six rules everytime he is on offense.          But thats seems to be the trend , away from rules .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:26:34 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 08:25:20 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Some would argue the exact OPPOSITE happened in last night's Jazz/Thunder game in OKC.  However, one COULD argue that Mitchell is now the NEW STAR in the league and the NBA is pushing him OVER even George and Westbrook.

Here is an email I just sent to a buddy a few minutes ago about me being worried about the refs DECIDING our game on Friday night:

I am worried as I literally watched the NBA decide the OKC/Jazz game last night by literally giving all the calls to the Jazz down the stretch.  They sent Mitchell to the line when he was NOT EVEN TOUCHED!!!!!  Gobert got all the calls OVER Steven Adams, one of the BEST defensive centers in the NBA and Adams fouled out on a bull crap call.  All of this IN Oklahoma City!!!!  Very sad!!!  The NBA and the refs clearly WANTED Utah to win this game.  Unreal!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 08:27:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Some would argue the exact OPPOSITE happened in last night's Jazz/Thunder game in OKC.  However, one COULD argue that Mitchell is now the NEW STAR in the league and the NBA is pushing him OVER even George and Westbrook.
I guess one could argue anything... as long as it conveniently fits their preconceived narrative.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 08:37:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I guess one could argue anything... as long as it conveniently fits their preconceived narrative.
exactly.  There are missed or bad calls every game on both sides.  Over the course of a season it generally evens out, but recency bias makes it seem terrible in the heat of a moment.  The fouls ended up pretty similar last night, and aside from Lebron's FT's those were pretty even as well, but Lebron was a man on a mission last night and was super aggressive and drew a lot of shooting fouls. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 09:11:10 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Oh good, the conspiracy threads are back.  Though in fairness the old ones were always spot-on with their prediction that the NBA would force a LeBron vs Kobe Finals matchup every year.

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 09:39:24 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I've said for the years - the NBA refs are a disgrace to humanity.  They are the worst of the worst.  The lowest life-form in the galaxy.  I swear, if it wasn't for my love of the C's, I'd quit watching the NBA immediately.

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Here is an email I just sent to a buddy a few minutes ago about me being worried about the refs DECIDING our game on Friday night:

I am worried as I literally watched the NBA decide the OKC/Jazz game last night by literally giving all the calls to the Jazz down the stretch.  They sent Mitchell to the line when he was NOT EVEN TOUCHED!!!!!  Gobert got all the calls OVER Steven Adams, one of the BEST defensive centers in the NBA and Adams fouled out on a bull crap call.  All of this IN Oklahoma City!!!!  Very sad!!!  The NBA and the refs clearly WANTED Utah to win this game.  Unreal!!!!

Smitty77

I noticed this with Utah last night too. Seems like they wanted to make sure Utah gives them a long series.

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
One of the primary drivers of home court advantage is the refs being swayed slightly by the crowd.

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 11:26:37 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
exactly.  There are missed or bad calls every game on both sides.  Over the course of a season it generally evens out, but recency bias makes it seem terrible in the heat of a moment.  The fouls ended up pretty similar last night, and aside from Lebron's FT's those were pretty even as well, but Lebron was a man on a mission last night and was super aggressive and drew a lot of shooting fouls.

Yet the Pacers had more points in the paint?

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2018, 11:27:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Smitty77

I noticed this with Utah last night too. Seems like they wanted to make sure Utah gives them a long series.

more games = mo money , Peoples watching ads .....ads is TV money ....$$$$  :D

= rich media magnates +  NBA owners ......smiling

Now ...Why you want to have sweeps and make dem folks poor.

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yet the Pacers had more points in the paint?
a fast break dunk is points in the paint.  That alone doesn't tell much of anything. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 11:35:32 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
One of the primary drivers of home court advantage is the refs being swayed slightly by the crowd.

Absolutely. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2018, 11:38:38 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Absolutely.
I was actually pretty confident that Giannis would foul out eventually in the OT after the BS block call and the "jump-ball" where he tackled Tatum from behind.

Just was worried he'd get the Bucks a lead before it happened. I thought it was hilarious when he got called for the same exact play one minute later.

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Smitty77

more games = mo money , Peoples watching ads .....ads is TV money ....$$$$  :D

= rich media magnates +  NBA owners ......smiling

Now ...Why you want to have sweeps and make dem folks poor.

Don’t the refs get paid per game in the playoffs?

Some 💰💰💰incentive for them, too?