Author Topic: Did NBA agenda just show its' ugly head?  (Read 9742 times)

Did NBA agenda just show its' ugly head?
« on: April 18, 2018, 07:16:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
desperately wanting one of their marquee teams to stay alive. What do you do? Call 2 fouls in 65 seconds on the opposing team's best player? Both of which were questionable, but the first the defender appeared to be in the circle (tp to anyone that can verify). Very disappointed to see this. just want to see the best team win without this stuff....

Re: Did NBA agenda just show its' ugly head?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 07:20:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I didn't get to see it, as I turned it on right as Dipo was heading to the bench. But I was thinking the same thing and also found it verrrrrrryyy suspicious that the opposing player's best player picks up two fouls that quickly after that surprising first loss in Cleveland, especially as good of a defender as Dipo is.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 07:24:11 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
It's disgusting and also very predictable

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 07:30:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
The thing is James is a tremendous player and does not need the help. The cavs are already playing great and on fire from 3. They would be up at this point whether or not oladipo was playing.  This is just bad for the integrity of the game.

Note we are not alone in noticing this:

https://twitter.com/mark_battista/status/986748248068108291
https://twitter.com/iTweet_SoEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline./status/986748236517052417
https://twitter.com/TravMoco/status/986748192128749569
https://twitter.com/trxpbianca/status/986748184440524800
https://twitter.com/phauser/status/986748119206518784

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 07:40:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Oladipo gets two fouls in under a minute, but Giannis gets zero fouls for 3 quarters plus. NBA rules.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 07:56:36 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
so is lebron going to have to score over 1/2 of the cavs points for them to win?

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 08:25:23 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
So predictable
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 10:45:05 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Oh there is ZERO doubt/debate that the NBA screwed over the Pacers on purpose in game 2.  They outscored the Cavs 62-30 in the paint, shot less jumpers including 3's, and yet "mysteriously" got less FTA's despite attacking the basket all night long.  And the flagrant they called on Sabonis?  Or when Lebron CLEARLY shoved Lance by the face and the refs INTENTIONALLY ignored it?  Yeah, this was rigged.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 10:51:52 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
I agree...If it can happen to the Pacers it can happen to the C's. It would help if someone with some integrity would call this out. The NBA world would come unglued because they must protect the golden goose.

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 10:54:16 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Oladipo gets two fouls in under a minute, but Giannis gets zero fouls for 3 quarters plus. NBA rules.

Jaylen Brown played being very aggressive and didn't go to the line until he was intentionally fouled....

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 11:51:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sickening and yet so predictable. I hope there is some beat writer out there somewhere with the balls to write an article calling out the NBA for this stuff. But there isn't.

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 12:28:38 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Sickening and yet so predictable. I hope there is some beat writer out there somewhere with the balls to write an article calling out the NBA for this stuff. But there isn't.

I don't get how everyone can see it plain as day and tweet it out and nobody will. The MLB doesn't have this. The NFL doesn't have this. Sickening.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 12:33:43 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

I don't get how everyone can see it plain as day and tweet it out and nobody will. The MLB doesn't have this. The NFL doesn't have this. Sickening.

Maybe they’re scared of getting warned or demoted or losing future opportunities due to $$ nba pressure, idk

Most obvious rigging this playoffs

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 02:17:02 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

In Champions league all is rigged - this is heaven.
The groups themselves,
the elimination games draw,
the games itself off course - all rigged.

The other day they have already printed the tickets before the official semi final draw. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-5612603/Champions-League-fix-scandal-erupts-Roma-offer-Liverpool-tickets-draw-made.html

Sometimes they don't call 4 penalties in one game against a single team and the result ended up 1:1. Just enough to squeeze Barca in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JhXLK_-DRo

When Fifa or Uefa decide to face the corruption, they do it to a 80 y/o guy Swiss guy that was already filling his (and theirs) pockets for 50 years and is about to retire since he had enough.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/sepp-blatter-fifa-launch-investigation-into-former-president-for-alleged-bribery-and-corruption-a7233821.html

I follow the NBA partially because it has the least rigging of all major team sports I like. But yeah, LBJ is still the golden cow, NBA wants more games regardless, it wants its SStars to look like winners, even when they are over the hill.
However, NBA requires a team to reach 4 wins in a series to advance - it is much harder to rig 4 out of 7 games than a single game or home and away.
Also, a football match or a home and away can be decided by a single possession (0:1,0:0=0:1)
For example - one nonexistent penalty kick would suffice.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 04:32:22 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."