Author Topic: ESPN asking about idea of trading Tatum and Brown for Kawhi Leonard  (Read 14806 times)

Re: ESPN asking about idea of trading Tatum and Brown for Kawhi Leonard
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2018, 11:22:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
It's a quad injury right? What's that? Six weeks?

Tony Parker’s took 8 months to heal.
So why isn't Kawhi and his camp singing from the mountains he's not healed? Where are the doctors on this? Why would Pop throw his best player under the bus? Why would his teammates not be backing him up? Why wouldn't they want to be as cautious as possible with this amazing first team all NBA guy? Why did they say he'd be back months ago?

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2018, 11:25:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Parker is on record saying his was 100 times worse.

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2018, 12:07:00 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
This is what I don't like about the whole thing. There isn't a lot of communication.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2018, 12:07:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

So why isn't Kawhi and his camp singing from the mountains he's not healed? Where are the doctors on this? Why would Pop throw his best player under the bus? Why would his teammates not be backing him up? Why wouldn't they want to be as cautious as possible with this amazing first team all NBA guy? Why did they say he'd be back months ago?
Kawhi is in NY receiving medical treatment for his quad injury. I am sure he isn't faking an injury and putting on an act to prove it by seeing a bunch of different doctors and receiving treatment. Pop is going by what his medical staff is telling him so he is refering questions to Kawhi's team of doctors. It wouldn't be the first time a team's doctors were wrong about an injury, you can look no farther than the Celtics handling of IT last year and KG in 2009 to see that. So obviously his teammates don't know what's going on and it angers them so they are lashing out.

« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2018, 12:09:07 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

And how would he know that if he isn't Kawhi? That sounds like sonething a therapist said to him so he repeated it. Just dumb thing for Parker to say.

« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2018, 03:01:40 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Of course you look at a guy like Kawhi or AD and fantasize about the possibilities. But we don’t know the price it’ll cost to obtain them.

I’m totally fine keeping who we have and clawing our way to the championship. I believe this team is capable. And we need the homegrown talent.

KG and Ray were amazing. But 2008 was Paul’s, because Paul is ours. Always was.

Yeah I want to see Al win one, and Kyrie lead us. Seeing Hayward and Brad celebrate together will feel nothing but right, only about a decade late. Morris is the grit and Baynes the muscle.

But whether it’s this year, next, or further down the road.... seeing Smart, Brown, Tatum, and/or Rozier hoody that Larry O’Brien trophy will be all the more special.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2018, 06:41:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is ESPN making a story where there is none.

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2018, 08:16:20 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I'm just not buying the theory that the Spurs have suddenly gone from being a top notch organization to one that just gets mad at its star player for no real reason other than to pick on him and lower his trade value, and that suddenly the Spurs don't value the health of their top player and want to suddenly start taking risks with his body. When it was stated that he was due back around the all star break nobody said "Woah woah woah. That could be way too soon."  Now here were are months later and maybe the Spurs are rushing him. I get that Kawhi could easily have the last laugh here. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't.

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2018, 08:36:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

And how would he know that if he isn't Kawhi? That sounds like sonething a therapist said to him so he repeated it. Just dumb thing for Parker to say.
In addition sometimes a worse injury actually heals faster than a lesser injury.  Think a clean break vs. a severe sprain.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2018, 09:06:57 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Boston does not need Kawhi

Hell yeah! We can discuss about AD, but Kawhi is out of the question, if we consider Brown/Tatum in package.

« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Too many question marks on Kawhi for me at the moment. I wouldn't trade any of our top young players for him. You put a package around those young players when Kawhi is in top shape and performing. Not when he's surrounded by question marks.

« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Trading for him is a poor idea. We already have two highly paid players who we are not sure of how their injury status will play out in the coming year. We don't need a third.

Even if we trade Hayward for him, I wouldn't do it. Kawhi's injury appears to be chronic and he's only 27.

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »

Offline mutineer33

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
I guess, in the interest of forum harmony, we need to accept alternate viewpoints, and not ridicule too strongly dumb ideas.  But it boggles my mind that we are currently in the dam playoffs and we should be talking about that and how hopefully we can get by the bucks and can look at future match ups,  and watch how our own young stars mature and develop.  The future of the East is between Boston and Philly and we might get the first shots in this renewed rivalry this year.  I look forward to this even if we are undermanned. This is a time to get behind our guys and see how they perform under the bright lights

Instead we are getting multiple threads about trading our youngest and brightest stars (who are busting their butts in the playoffs as we speak) for a malcontent who has literally quit on his team and left them totally outgunned in the playoffs. KL was a great player but now he looks like a guy with an entitlement problem ... already making 20 million+ ... who let his team, management, and fans down this year by refusing to play.  It will not happen, but they should claw back his entire salary this year for non-performance.

There is nothing remotely similar with Kyries trade request .... which was done in the off season and had a preexisting condition everyone was already aware of.  He also wanted to leave for legacy issues and getting out of LBJ'S shadow.  Kawhi is simply worried that he might have an injury linger into next season and ONLY cares about how this might theoretically affect  his next big paycheck, while not not even trying to earn his current on,

I don't want him on the team, and I certainly am not going to trade JB AND JT for him. For that matter I would not trade either one for him.  I would be happy to have Philly overpay for him and then watch JB abuse him for the next few years ... I bet lots of "quad ssues" when those match-ups come up.

More importantly, I am more concerned about the game tonight and learning how far this team can go this year.

Leave the "Trader Danny" crap for the off season ... and even then hopefully we can learn to appreciate what he have more ... rather than obsessing over whatever next big name might avaliable. 

With all the constant trade speculation (even In the playoffs) sometimes I wonder how much some "fans" here  care about the team and players itself and whether they just see the sport as being something closer to Fantasy Hoops ... click bait and name dropping.

At some point,  we need to try to  change our team culture to something that rewards loyalty, and gets people to WANT to resign here rather than trolling their name through every twitter rumor.

I aplogize if this post comes across as a bit acerbic , but it's the playoffs

Enjoy.

Save the dumb trade ideas for silly season.

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2018, 04:58:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There is nothing remotely similar with Kyries trade request .... which was done in the off season and had a preexisting condition everyone was already aware of.  He also wanted to leave for legacy issues and getting out of LBJ'S shadow.  Kawhi is simply worried that he might have an injury linger into next season and ONLY cares about how this might theoretically affect  his next big paycheck, while not not even trying to earn his current on,

So one “quit” due to ego, and the other due to the desire not to see his career shortened due to injury?

Kyrie did a bad thing, if you care about loyalty to one’s team. Kawhi potentially is doing a bad thing, too. It just doesn’t make sense to hold loyalty and honoring one’s contract as sacrosanct in one case, but not the other.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2018, 05:08:34 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

So one “quit” due to ego, and the other due to the desire not to see his career shortened due to injury?

Kyrie did a bad thing, if you care about loyalty to one’s team. Kawhi potentially is doing a bad thing, too. It just doesn’t make sense to hold loyalty and honoring one’s contract as sacrosanct in one case, but not the other.

Amen.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC